ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Scoobysport Exhaust (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/354577-scoobysport-exhaust.html)

Ken 275 19 August 2004 11:10 AM

Scoobysport Exhaust

A wee bit late to the fold perhaps, but just got one fitted today.

Whooooooooooo!

What a sound!

Back box and centre de-cat section, plus fitting, around £480.

Pity about the weather conditions, all dressed up and nowhere to go.

Maybe the weekend.

A Happy Bunny.

K.

ozzy 19 August 2004 12:07 PM

Glad you're happy. £500 :eek:

Carl Davey 20 August 2004 10:20 AM

As above, glad your happy. :) Seems outrageously expensive though? :confused:

Did you consider Hayward and Scott?

RLE 20 August 2004 04:34 PM

Is this the Janspeed one Ken (3.5" tailpipe?)

Johnny50 20 August 2004 04:38 PM

Just sold my whole Hayward & Scott system for £265 !!!!

How long did it take them to fit ???

Ken 275 20 August 2004 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by RLE
Is this the Janspeed one Ken (3.5" tailpipe?)

Haven't got a ruler handy, but it's the 90 mm diameter tail-pipe, for a Classic.

Bought the back box and decat section from Scoobytek : £450.

Took the lot to the local Budget tyres & exhaust place, they charged £30 for fitting which took around 45 minutes as they had to remove the original 52K miles exhaust.

Stefan : any probs at MoT time? I've kept my original set up, just in case, although I have been advised that the new kit should pass.

K.

ozzy 20 August 2004 09:00 PM

The new kit should pass if you've still got the cat'ed downpipe. My RB5 passes easily with a TSL decat downpipe, original cat centre and STI backbox.

Stefan

Ken 275 20 August 2004 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by ozzy
The new kit should pass if you've still got the cat'ed downpipe. My RB5 passes easily with a TSL decat downpipe, original cat centre and STI backbox.

Stefan

Thanks Stefan.

Interesting that you went for the de-catted down pipe option rather than the centre bit.

Like I'm an expert, just curious.

K.

ozzy 20 August 2004 09:23 PM

Decatted the whole lot. More to be gained from the DP as the centre isn't that restrictive. Does alter the note from the backbox depending on the rest of the system.

Dougster 20 August 2004 09:58 PM

Old H&S is the muts!!!

Edited to remove my statement as I was talking about warranty's on already purchased systems and not the new ones.

But I see that seems to have been clarified below.

And before anyone asks I made no slanderous statements just offered a personal opinion. (which you're not allowed to do in some peoples worlds)

So there. ;)

ScoobySport (SdB) 21 August 2004 09:15 AM

Hi Ken

Glad you're happy, thanks for the nice comments. :)

£270 for the rear silencer is more expensive than many I agree, but you do get what you pay for. It really is a superb system.

--

Dougster

If I were you I'd be very careful indeed about making statements like that. I am surprised at you for taking your bad feelings towards your removal as moderator personal towards me in this underhand way. Libellous comments like that can land you in deep water.

For everyone's information, the ScoobySport exhaust system carries a lifetime warranty. This is so, purely because the quality of the system means it just doesn't tend to come back anyway.

To prove how important supporting the warrant is to us.. the only warranty clain we have had since starting scoobysport was for a system actually bought from the previous company (which we have no responsibility for). We still offered a FOC replacement or a refund. He accepted the replacement and fitted it..

as can be seen in this thread entitled scoobysport. beyond the call of duty

Apologies for this over-the-top clarification, it is a shame when individuals such as "Dougster" attempt to slander people's hard work, purely through personal bitterness.

All the best

Simon

sti-04!! 21 August 2004 10:44 AM

:(

wrxmania 21 August 2004 11:25 AM

DOGSTER, WOOOOFF.!!!

:razz: