ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Just Bought My First Scooby! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/354091-just-bought-my-first-scooby.html)

Greeny01 17 August 2004 09:09 PM

Just Bought My First Scooby!

Just bought a Dark Metallic Blue 02 WRX from Town And County Aberdeen. Well chuffed! Not sure when i pick it up, hopefully soon!

Iain

JohnnyR6 17 August 2004 09:47 PM

congrats m8, welcome to the world of empty pockets and moth filled wallets..

wrxmania 17 August 2004 09:52 PM

All the best,

Johnny R6 has it down to a tea - I am happy to have my wallet emptied sometimes (well, sort of :norty).

Brian :D

Greeny01 18 August 2004 12:19 AM

Thanks guys. Any ideas on what mods to go for first? I was thinking Atmos DV?

Iain

wrxmania 18 August 2004 12:21 AM

You will lose performance apparently - ask others who have them or do a search - especially the resident mechanical genuis GREASEMONKEY - he HATES them with a passion.

The Subaru OEM one is the best but the VT atmosphere sounds great - CHAVTASTIC - eh STI-04!!

EXHAUST - EXHAUST - EXHAUST is a must and you want a BLITZ NUR SPEC R back box!

Brian :D

stiks 18 August 2004 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyR6
congrats m8, welcome to the world of empty pockets and moth filled wallets..

Ah ha you have seen Mr Blob-eye at the Bar in the Blaeberry then ?

:) :)

stiks 18 August 2004 09:08 AM

Welcome Greeny01,

My 02 Bug eye is indeed a fine car, you will have fun I'm sure. As for first mods, I asked the same question earlier this year for my MY02 STi. By poll the verdict from the experienced modders on here was exhaust first.

Stiks

Johnny50 18 August 2004 09:15 AM

Welcome..

Go for the exhaust...makes driving soooo much more fun. :)

Greeny01 18 August 2004 01:04 PM

Well, been in today to sign on the dotted line. Pick the car up on friday possibly Saturday!

So what sort of exhaust should i be looking at buying and how much will it cost?

Iain

sti-04!! 18 August 2004 01:29 PM

Blitz Nur Spec R its a must have:norty:

And then a DV. I have got a very LOUD turbosmart one thats adjustable also, & as for losing performance ........................... nope its untrue:D

Sti-04!!

Johnny50 18 August 2004 02:26 PM

Nur Spec R is great ! :D

Regret gettin rid of mine. :(

stiks 18 August 2004 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Greeny01
Well, been in today to sign on the dotted line. Pick the car up on friday possibly Saturday!

So what sort of exhaust should i be looking at buying and how much will it cost?

Iain

Iain,

All depends on how far you want to go ( decat or not) and how loud you want to be. Also £££ but I'm sure you guessed that. Some ideas :

Nur SpecR - per STI 04 - v loud, saw one on s/net second hand for £350.
Vortex from Scoobyworld - b box around £270
Ninja from Scoobyworld - b box around £220

I got my system custom made from C and C in Hillingdon nr Glasgow for £300, including 3" centre section up to the first cat. Can be made as loud or quiet as you like. Wrxmania has a similar set up but its in grey steel to match his grey car ;)

Keith

Johnny50 18 August 2004 03:09 PM

Yep..C&C are doing mine too..£300

I'm going for quiet though... ;) I hope !!

wrxmania 18 August 2004 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by stiks
I got my system custom made from C and C in Hillingdon nr Glasgow for £300, including 3" centre section up to the first cat. Can be made as loud or quiet as you like. Wrxmania has a similar set up but its in grey steel to match his grey car ;)

Keith

YEAH - WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

:iamwithst

Greeny01 18 August 2004 08:06 PM

To be honest I dont want something thats going to be mega loud, just something that makes the noise more prominent than it is. Perhaps a tuneable exhaust is the way to go as i could vary the noise with a baffle?

iain

TheSquirrel 18 August 2004 08:16 PM

NUR SPEC R comes with a bung for noise cutting purposes Mines comes with ear defenders .............. :)

Only tech downside of VTA dumpenhausen is a slight overfuelling on lift off but this contributes to more popping/banging,flames on the overrun Just increase the frequency of oil changes(The excess fuel can run down the cylinder lining to enter the sump,thinning the oil)

sti-zlv 18 August 2004 08:18 PM

First of all welcome to Greeny01.......Good choice!

With the blitz you get a removable baffle which keeps your neighbours happy, but lets face it who likes their neighbours anyway, louder the better. As far as dump valves, i use the turbo XS rfl (really f*@king loud). Need i say more. It doesnt afect performance, you loose no boost pressure.

Matt

simon higgins 18 August 2004 11:43 PM

WELCOME WELCOME

IF U DONT WANT TO MUCH NOISE THEN ITS A MILTEK SYSYEM FOR U AND IT WILL GEVE U AROUND 30 bhp...

THATS WAT I GOT ON MINE WITH A HIGH FLOW CAT :eek2:

SIMON HIGGINS

wrxmania 18 August 2004 11:46 PM

But for how long ?!??!

:norty:

Greeny01 20 August 2004 11:37 PM

Well, picked the car up at 5.30 today and what can I say! How much fun are these things to drive!! Been out on a run or two just local to Aberdeen this evening. To be honest I was expecting fuel consumtion to be much worse than it actually is, but i guess I wasn't pushing it too hard (its quite a big jump from a 1.6 Leon into a 2.0 turbo Impreza!!). That insurance bill is definately worth it!

Anyway I was impressed with Town & County's customer service (I even got a bottle of T&C's own red wine :D ha ha) until I found out that the remote keys weren't working. Turns out they haven't put batteries in them!! Hope that wasn't for a reason i.e they're faulty or something. I'll find out soon enough.

Iain