ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Blue Thunder / Airwolf which is best? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/353342-blue-thunder-airwolf-which-is-best.html)

BishopDevious 15 August 2004 04:00 PM

Blue Thunder / Airwolf which is best?

In the blue corner;

http://www.urban.ne.jp/home/ubik/cinema/bluethan.jpg

In the red corner;

http://www.mullhelis.freeserve.co.uk/airwolf2.jpg

TopBanana 15 August 2004 04:02 PM

http://www.tv-timewarp.co.uk/airwolf/Airwolf.mid

BishopDevious 15 August 2004 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana

I am not going to play that, once its in my head it takes ages to leave!

StickyMicky 15 August 2004 04:14 PM

hoooowwwwwwaaaaaaaaay the wolf

richs2891 15 August 2004 04:42 PM

Has to be airwolf every time

Richard

boxst 15 August 2004 04:52 PM

Hello

Definately Airwolf:

http://www.timstvshowcase.com/airwolf0.jpg

Steve.

bluethunder 15 August 2004 04:59 PM

There can be only one "cool chopper" & it isn't the one piloted by that homo String Bower Hawk!

Abdabz 15 August 2004 06:04 PM

Blue thunder was the better geggigogger - but Airwolf the better show....

ScottyScoob 15 August 2004 06:19 PM

Airwolf no contest

theme was annoying though , just been thinking about it and its now going to be stuck in my head the rest of the night

P1Fanatic 15 August 2004 06:57 PM

No contest - Airwolf. Blue Thunder was a great film (got it on DVD) but the chopper was so slow - obviously a lot more believable than Airwolf :)

This brings back some memories - was looking on Ebay for some transformers I had as a kid (Generation One models as they are now called). And Jet Fire (red and white plane) is going for £159.99 - wish Id kept it now lol.

Simon.

Sbradley 15 August 2004 09:10 PM

Blue Thunder.
For God's sake - just look at the picture.

http://www.timstvshowcase.com/airwolf0.jpg

How can anyone possibly think that this bunch of puffs in lilac overalls are cooler or harder than the Blue Thunder team? I mean if you mentioned JAFO to any of these they'd think it was a seedless orange...

They are truly as camp as a row of tents. ESPECIALLY the geezer with the patch.

Plus the effects were crap and the helicopter wasn't even made to look different from a standard 222.

SB

gyfto1 15 August 2004 10:11 PM

blue thunder would have wiped its bum on airwolf :lol:

Bonehead 15 August 2004 10:15 PM

Blue Thunder looked better, but Airwolf had guns.............Blue Thunder gets my vote! :D

BishopDevious 15 August 2004 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bonehead
Blue Thunder looked better, but Airwolf had guns.............Blue Thunder gets my vote! :D

Blue thunders got that big cannon on the front! :D :D

Jeez the airwolf 'team' look camp. I had forgotten about the bloke with the eye patch in the randal and hopkirk getup!

ScottyScoob 15 August 2004 11:23 PM

but were not speaking about the camp puffs that flew her we are speaking about the how did it go again in the pilot "She`s a Mach two helicopter that kicks butt" or something like that. and blue thunder could get shot down quite easily , the only way to destory airwolf was to shoot through the air to air refuleing probe

but one flaw in airwolf the missiles c`mon they looked like a glowing version of the thing my ex kept in her bottom drawer

Aaquil 16 August 2004 12:31 AM

Airwolf was better equipped but Airwolf looked well hard and was much more realistic. In terms of program I preferred Airwolf in a helicopter fight I reckon Airwolf would win but who knows.

Aaquil 16 August 2004 12:33 AM

I meant to write Blue Thunder looked well hard and was more realistic...plonker it is 12.35am though.

By the way go on the MTM Audi tuning website they've got their own Blue Thunder an RS4 tuned to 600BHP!!!

allywrx 17 August 2004 11:29 AM

Whoever thinks that Blueblunder would stand a snowballs chance in hell against Airwolf is very much mistaken. :nono: :lol:

The Blueblunder was too slow and only had one gun, it also looked like a flying brick. :D
It's no coincidence the pilot was called "Shnieder" either :p

Airwolf was fast, sleek and had missiles FFS :Whatever_
OK, the gimp with the patch was a bit gay and so was all that violin playing but any helicopter built by an English nutter boffin that can fly at Mach 1, has heatseeking missiles, gets nicked by Gaddafi and lives in a volcano is well better IMHO.
Blueblunder would be better for perving through skyscraper windows I spose :D

allywrx 17 August 2004 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
No contest - Airwolf. Blue Thunder was a great film (got it on DVD) but the chopper was so slow - obviously a lot more believable than Airwolf :)

This brings back some memories - was looking on Ebay for some transformers I had as a kid (Generation One models as they are now called). And Jet Fire (red and white plane) is going for £159.99 - wish Id kept it now lol.

Simon.

Oh yeah, I have got G1 Optimus Prime still in box (his hands and gun are missing though) wonder how much that would be worth :norty:

messiah 17 August 2004 11:33 AM

Blue Thunder looked like it was made from lego FFS!

Airwolf would win a race easy - it was a Jetcopter. Without sounding like Stringfellow Hawke - it could disengage the rotors and just use the turbos.

Wasn't it capable of Mach 2? or at least it did it in one episode.

tucker101uk 17 August 2004 11:41 AM

Airwolf Hands down, spesh like the bit where they go into battle mode and the little tactical display in the helmet popped down! sweet!

messiah 17 August 2004 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by tucker101uk
Airwolf Hands down, spesh like the bit where they go into battle mode and the little tactical display in the helmet popped down! sweet!

The cold sore advert with the girl biker always reminds me of that

:D

Daz34 17 August 2004 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by tucker101uk

Not as good as the bit on Blue Thunder where he lifts the safety cover & flicks the switch to arm the gatling gun ;)

noobscoob 17 August 2004 11:59 AM

i recall in one airwold episode airwold outflying 2 f15 jets straight up and leveled off about 80.000 ft up ..then again this eefect was acheived by tilting the camera on a straight flight shot..very very shoddy lol. ps..anyone notice in the film blue thunder the 2 jets dispached to kill murphy dont even bank around corners they just fly like they are on rails..well thats models for you!!!

blue thunder was supposed to be real..airwolf was the ''knight rider'' of the sky. id say in a purely made for tv dogfight airwolf would blow the gazelle out of the sky..with an orange glowing cardboard missle lol. damn dont you wish it was the 80s again!!!!!!!

allywrx 17 August 2004 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by messiah
The cold sore advert with the girl biker always reminds me of that

:D

Oh Oh!
Please nobody mention Streethawk :eek2:

An exceptionally nasty programme :norty:

messiah 17 August 2004 12:34 PM

You're the one who mentioned Streethawk!

Great - now I've got that damn theme tune in my head :mad: :razz:

allywrx 17 August 2004 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by messiah
You're the one who mentioned Streethawk!

Great - now I've got that damn theme tune in my head :mad: :razz:

DOH!
:brickwall

mark_h 17 August 2004 12:43 PM

Airwolf seemed capable of flying anywhere in the world without refuelling. And it didn't matter where in the world they were, everytime someone fired a missile at them, it always crashed into the same couple of hills! :D

tucker101uk 17 August 2004 01:37 PM

duh! thats because those same couple of hills where all over the world! lol

And also, the airwolf could do air to air refuelling!

Neanderthal 17 August 2004 02:45 PM

Streethawk!!!
always deserved a second series!! :( :(