ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   blunkett having affair (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/353283-blunkett-having-affair.html)

imlach 15 August 2004 10:58 AM

blunkett having affair

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...ws/news1.shtml

Ah, you can see the scandals of 1996/7 with the Tories being replicated in new Labour already.....

Leslie 15 August 2004 11:06 AM

The more power they think they have, the lower standards seem to drop.

Les

MooseRacer 15 August 2004 11:29 AM

Presumably she's blind as well? ;)

Daz34 15 August 2004 11:52 AM

Is his dog selling the story??

ALi-B 15 August 2004 12:01 PM

Enter the bad taste brigade:-

Well they do say love is blind.

....Gets straitjacket

:rolleyes:

MooseRacer 15 August 2004 12:06 PM

hmm, just followed the news of the world link and have to say, can't understand what he sees in her :p

Chip 15 August 2004 04:39 PM

At least it wont matter to him if she's ugly.

Chip.

Kellicious 15 August 2004 04:47 PM

Eugh https://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/PukeChicken.gif

Dracoro 15 August 2004 05:02 PM

May I remind you what paper you read this in. Why would you believe what is in the Sun on Sunday??

And if it is true, it's an unattached bloke dating an unnattached lady isn't it? Controversial indeed :rolleyes:

ProperCharlie 15 August 2004 05:07 PM

well i suppose it gives the dog a break...

:)

Kellicious 15 August 2004 05:08 PM

Personally, I don't give a rats ass about it. But, if it is true, then no. The lady is *not* unattached, she is married. Which IMHO is wrong.

Dracoro 15 August 2004 05:15 PM

But knowing the sun/notw, they've not told to whole story.

So she's married but she could have been separated for donkeys years for all we know and had never gotten round to sorting a divorce out. We just don't know. And given the publication in question, we probably been fed much iffy info and probably crucial info witheld. I'd ignore the whole charade until more reliable sources inform us.

In any case, I don't think anyone really cares that much.

imlach 15 August 2004 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dracoro
In any case, I don't think anyone really cares that much.

I think if Blunkett was still "happily married", and he was seeing a single woman, it'd be viewed differently....

...as it is, given the man is single and the lady is "married", some see that as 'ok'.

Both immoral.

tiggers 15 August 2004 05:58 PM

What does it matter - even if it's true it's none of our business and it hardly affects his ability to do his job.

As an aside it's laughable how people believe everything they read in the press when it suits them.

Chip 15 August 2004 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by tiggers
What does it matter - even if it's true it's none of our business and it hardly affects his ability to do his job.

As an aside it's laughable how people believe everything they read in the press when it suits them.

It may open the way for someone to blackmail him.

Chip

andrewdelvard 15 August 2004 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Chip
It may open the way for someone to blackmail him.

Chip

Well it's bit late now you plastered it all over scoobynet isn't it? ;)

Chip 15 August 2004 06:43 PM

Yeah OK, but you know what I meant:)

Chip

unclebuck 15 August 2004 06:50 PM

[QUOTE=tiggers]What does it matter - even if it's true it's none of our business and it hardly affects his ability to do his job.[QUOTE]

he couldn't do it worse than he already does...

UB

paulr 15 August 2004 09:13 PM

I see Leslie and UB are taking their usual chance to take cheap shots at the gov't.

Free country i guess,but it does become rather boring.

Harry_Boy 15 August 2004 09:49 PM

Love the NotW sub-headings to the story...

Deep, Intense....:D:D:D

Devotion, Refused.... :freak3:

unclebuck 15 August 2004 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by paulr
I see Leslie and UB are taking their usual chance to take cheap shots at the gov't.

Free country i guess,but it does become rather boring.

Boring? Perhaps. Necessary? Absolutely!!

Every opportunity to remind people of how poorly New Labour administer our country needs to be exploited to the full.

UB:)

Manda_po 15 August 2004 10:15 PM

Well I for one am much better off under new labour than ever I can remember under the tories. There is no way I could have afforded to move to this house three years ago under their regime. :D Unfortunately I do not agree with the war on Iraq.:(

unclebuck 15 August 2004 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Manda_po
Well I for one am much better off under new labour than ever I can remember under the tories. There is no way I could have afforded to move to this house three years ago under their regime. :D Unfortunately I do not agree with the war on Iraq.:(

So, massively inflated house prices and rising interest rates are not a problem then?

You should realise that the apparent economic stability we have is an illusion to which the many currently subscribe.

It's a New Labour creation that's designed to make people 'feel good'. It seems to work - apparently.

Personally, I prefer to be told the truth.:eek: But then again, maybe I'm just weird?

UB;)

Manda_po 15 August 2004 10:34 PM

So what happened under the tories? Massive house price increases AND mahoosive interest rates causing negative equity. I do not think the very small rises we have had can be blamed for any of that do you? And I am not sure any government is directly responsible for house prices, that will be the I'm all right Jack estate agents (agents of free enterprise) that Maggie created. "Down with Communities"

unclebuck 15 August 2004 10:46 PM

Ah, the good old 'Thatcher' get out clause.:rolleyes:

Don't get me started.... :nono:

Suffice it to say, the first person 'darling Tony' visited when he took office *was* Thatcher.

UB:)