ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Moral issues... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/352720-moral-issues.html)

Franx 13 August 2004 11:14 AM

Moral issues...

Just on the train the other day, going to the highlands 'n islands for a few days with a few mates, and noticed a few things.

The refreshment trolley that goes down the isles, with the woman pulling it from the front - as she was serving someone, a fat, unshaven bloke sitting a few seats further down with an African woman in tow, took two packets of crisps off the trolley, and they both proceded to eat them, without paying:(

Another one, was a few months ago, where a similar thing happened - I was in a different train - one of those new Virgin ones, waiting in the shop, when another bloke took a can of beer, and hid it inside his paper, before walking off.

What should we do?

Confront them? and face an unknown person following you around etc?
Tell the guard/shop person?
Nothing?

In the event, I gave them a nasty look, making eye contact, which they didn't seem to appreciate....
I always feel I should lay into them, and ask what the f$%k they think they're doing, but somehow, it never happens.... You know how it is - just don't want too, in case they stab you or summat...:( Unlikely, I know, but you never know until you try. Ain't worth getting injured for imo.

Anyone else been there?

Dracoro 13 August 2004 11:17 AM

Shout 'THIEF' cos that's what they are :)

Robert Rosario 13 August 2004 11:21 AM

I think that we all like to think that we will say something, but sometimes it is difficult to have the balls to do it.
I have said something before in similar situations, when I saw who had done it, but if it was someone who I thought could give me a going over, or it was a group of them, and I was on my tod, then I would probably say nothing, which is cowardly I know, but as you say, you dont want to end up getting badly hurt or worse.

Different if it was happening to your own personal property or that of your own friends/family though.

davegtt 13 August 2004 11:27 AM

like u say anything can happen now a days, say something to the wrong person, even look at them in the wrong way and you could be in a heap in your own blood, you hear about it all the time, it certainly makes u think twice about saying something, personally Id like to think Id say something, make them look small etc I mean where are they gonna go on a train? theyre bound to get caught but it doesnt make u any safer and if your cornering them theres more chance of getting retaliation....

OllyK 13 August 2004 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dracoro
Shout 'THIEF' cos that's what they are :)

If you want to see swift justice in action try that in Kenya. Goods returned by a crowd of locals while the thief cooks nicely down a side street with a couple of car tyres and half a gallon of 4 start round their neck

Franx 13 August 2004 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by OllyK
If you want to see swift justice in action try that in Kenya. Goods returned by a crowd of locals while the thief cooks nicely down a side street with a couple of car tyres and half a gallon of 4 star round their neck

:D

Why can't we do that over here?:)

Leslie 13 August 2004 11:49 AM

Go ahead Franx.

I would shout "Thief", don't see why they should get away with it!

Les