ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tag Heuer Kirium F1 (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/352463-tag-heuer-kirium-f1.html)

Harry_Boy 12 August 2004 02:11 PM

Tag Heuer Kirium F1

Okay,

Thinking about getting a new watch, and quite fancy a Tag Heuer Kirium F1 in brushed steel. Typical high street price is around £1495, though eBay and unauthorised web dealers are obvously cheaper.

The question is, what else should I be considering in the same-ish price range? Also, does anyone already have a Kirium and, if so, any comments, good or bad?

scoobyjimbo 12 August 2004 02:21 PM

Hi
I have had a tag and they are great watches.. Although for your price range i would take a look at the omega range of watches. I have a seamaster special edition and they are IMHO a better watch than the tag and also some what cheaper.. you can get a omega strating at around £700, with the special editions one going for around £1200, they are a superb watch and worth a look. Take a look at this site where i got mine from.. very good.

http://www.blitzwatches.co.uk/produc...?productid=261

You may even want to consider a cheaper rolex watch with these starting at around your budget.

J

the moose 12 August 2004 02:22 PM

TAG are OK, but a bit, well, common.

Stretch a bit and get an IWC, or save some money and get an Omega Moonwatch. Can't beat a manual movement

Senior_AP 12 August 2004 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyjimbo
Hi
I have had a tag and they are great watches.. Although for your price range i would take a look at the omega range of watches. I have a seamaster special edition and they are IMHO a better watch than the tag and also some what cheaper.. you can get a omega strating at around £700, with the special editions one going for around £1200, they are a superb watch and worth a look. Take a look at this site where i got mine from.. very good.

http://www.blitzwatches.co.uk/produc...?productid=261

You may even want to consider a cheaper rolex watch with these starting at around your budget.

J

I have this watch. Far more exclusive and superior quality to any Tag.

Harry_Boy 12 August 2004 02:30 PM

Are Blitz Watches authorised dealers? And, if not, are there any 'issues' with buying from them?

TBH, is still fancy a chronograph or sorts, but was trying to avoid a Breitling, as everyone seems to have one..... There again, same comment applies to Tag.....

pbee 12 August 2004 02:54 PM

breitling aerospace pro 757, much classier than any tag. get a tak people will think its fake or £400 tops.

davegtt 12 August 2004 02:55 PM

I got a tag, really strange, it seems to be 5minutes slower than any other clock at work, in my house, the misses watch etc... if I move it inline with them I'll gaurentee next week it'll be 5minutes behind again although it'll stay 5 minutes behind for the rest of its life, move it forward 5 minutes and it'll drop 5 minutes somewhere... (yes it is a real 1 :rolleyes: )

what u think would happen if I move it 10 minutes forward...lol

Harry_Boy 12 August 2004 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by pbee
breitling aerospace pro 757, much classier than any tag. get a tak people will think its fake or £400 tops.

OK mate - any pics? Not sure which one the Aerospace is. Breitling's range is totally bewildering....

Senior_AP 12 August 2004 02:56 PM

If you own a :

Tag - "is it fake"
Rolex - "is it fake"
Breitling - "thats a nice watch"
Omega - "thats a nice watch".

They're the brands I looked at....

Senior_AP 12 August 2004 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
I got a tag, really strange, it seems to be 5minutes slower than any other clock at work, in my house, the misses watch etc... if I move it inline with them I'll gaurentee next week it'll be 5minutes behind again although it'll stay 5 minutes behind for the rest of its life, move it forward 5 minutes and it'll drop 5 minutes somewhere... (yes it is a real 1 :rolleyes: )

what u think would happen if I move it 10 minutes forward...lol

After a week it would work fine!!

Harry_Boy 12 August 2004 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Senior_AP
If you own a :

Tag - "is it fake"
Rolex - "is it fake"
Breitling - "thats a nice watch"
Omega - "thats a nice watch".

They're the brands I looked at....

My usual impression of Breitling though is 'My God, that's a station clock strapped to his wrist...' Or is the Aerospace different?

davegtt 12 August 2004 03:00 PM

After a week it would work fine!!

you'd think wouldnt you :rolleyes: maybe I should think about getting it serviced :)

Senior_AP 12 August 2004 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Harry_Boy
My usual impression of Breitling though is 'My God, that's a station clock strapped to his wrist...' Or is the Aerospace different?

They vary alot. Check out their site. Some are lovely, others are hideous IMO.

No questioning the quality though.

Don't boast about the cost and it won't be a Chav item either. :D

Senior_AP 12 August 2004 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
you'd think wouldnt you :rolleyes: maybe I should think about getting it serviced :)

Probably the best idea. ;)

Iwan 12 August 2004 03:03 PM

The question is, what else should I be considering in the same-ish price range?

Omega Speedmaster "Moon Watch".

They rule! :D

Harry_Boy 12 August 2004 03:07 PM

...and it won't be a Chav item either. :D

LOL! That's the last thing I need.... There again, as an Impreza driver....:D:D:D

scatter_wrx 12 August 2004 03:45 PM

Also, does anyone already have a Kirium and, if so, any comments, good or bad?

I've got a Tag Heuer Kirium F1.

I didn't really like watches until i saw this one. Normally too many dials & numbers on the things. But i liked the blank display of the F1.

Started off wearing it all the time but found that i was scratching the strap up at work, so only wear it occasionally now.

Bought mine about 15 months ago for £1200 (in Barbados).

Harry_Boy 12 August 2004 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by scatter_wrx
I've got a Tag Heuer Kirium F1.

I didn't really like watches until i saw this one. Normally too many dials & numbers on the things. But i liked the blank display of the F1.

Started off wearing it all the time but found that i was scratching the strap up at work, so only wear it occasionally now.

Bought mine about 15 months ago for £1200 (in Barbados).

Thanks for the feedback mate - to be honest, I love the design of the watch, especially the black dial etc. Simple, functional, elegant...

Is it very vulnerable to scratching? I'd probably only be wearing it 'for best' as they say.:D

scatter_wrx 12 August 2004 03:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback mate - to be honest, I love the design of the watch, especially the black dial etc. Simple, functional, elegant...

Is it very vulnerable to scratching? I'd probably only be wearing it 'for best' as they say.:D

The design was the main draw for me also!

As for the scratching, I wouldn't say it was that vulnerable. I only scuffed mine up because i sit at a computer all day & found that the part of the strap that was rubbing on the desk all the time was affected. The other area's of the strap are fine!

Harry_Boy 12 August 2004 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by scatter_wrx
I only scuffed mine up because i sit at a computer all day & found that the part of the strap that was rubbing on the desk all the time was affected. The other area's of the strap are fine!

Me too mate - that's why I only wear a plastic Casio for office-based stuff. And for biking....

The Kirium would be for suit/smart occasions....:)

the moose 12 August 2004 04:23 PM

Me too mate - that's why I only wear a plastic Casio for office-based stuff. And for biking....

Whereas I use my Moonwatch whatever I'm doing, including chucking myself down hills and sailing. Elegant, functional, accurate, (with a leather strap) utterly non-flash.

Why buy a good watch just for special occasions - it should be able to cope with everything, and if it can't, you've bought the wrong watch. Then again, my primary purpose in buying a watch is not its jewelriness (a well-known word, that one).

Harry_Boy 12 August 2004 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by the moose
Whereas I use my Moonwatch whatever I'm doing, including chucking myself down hills and sailing. Elegant, functional, accurate, (with a leather strap) utterly non-flash.

Why buy a good watch just for special occasions - it should be able to cope with everything, and if it can't, you've bought the wrong watch. Then again, my primary purpose in buying a watch is not its jewelriness (a well-known word, that one).

I agree with you to a point mate.

But my view is, if you'd just bought a new Range Rover, would you be happy to place it in a situation where it might get damaged - for example green laning? I know I wouldn't. I'd buy an old Land rover as well for that....

Same philosophy as saying I'm reluctant to wear a suit to do an oil change....:D

corradoboy 12 August 2004 04:34 PM

When's that then ? Only ever seen you in scraggy combat shorts and vulgar dayglo socks ;):D:D:D

Is this the one you like.....
http://www.orolus.com/images/tag-heu...11A-BA0700.jpg

Have to agree with the guy who likes IWC, rumour is they're the next company to become THE popular one....
http://www.orolus.com/images/iwc/3727-003.jpg
Pic doesn't do it justice, very nice :cool:

Panerai are very respected these days too...
http://www.orolus.com/images/officin...i/PAM00091.jpg

I just wish I had the cash to flash on such trinkets :( I have to make do with Oris & Maurice Lacroix.

Useful site for comparing

yoza 12 August 2004 04:34 PM

At the end of the day, if you like it buy it.

I wouldnt pay that sort of money for a Quartz Tag Heuer with nickel PLATED finish.:eek:

Look at the re-sale value of these watches to check their status....

If you like the look of the analogue and digital display, I suggest you look at the Breitling B1/AeroSpace/Emergency range.

I am not a great fan of TagHeuer watches especially the newer range.

I wouldnt be afaid of buying a pre-owned watch from a reputable dealer either you should bear this in mind, plenty of bargains to be had on pre-owned watches by Breitling, Omega, Rolex, IWC, and Tag.

Does a mechanical wind or Mechanical Automatic movement not float your boat ?

PS. You must be bored of me plugging these watches, but youve just got to look at them. www.poljot.com Quality at an unbelievable price.

Tiggs 12 August 2004 04:35 PM

i wear a seamaster and NEVER take it off. DIY, garden, sport...NEVER take it off. Its been crushed , bashed, whacked and scratch...still looks mint with not a mark on it.

Just the other day i was shifftin some stuff down the side of the house and it got dragged along the brickwork- i thought the face would be scartched to bits- not a mark.

I dont understand the "have a nice one and a cheap one" attitude. If i had a RangeRover i'd greenlane in that - i hear they are good at it so why the heck would i use anything else???

T

ps- Tag for IT geeks stuck in 1999

pps- avoid Omegas with bond logos on the- save merchandise for kids duvets.

Harry_Boy 12 August 2004 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy
When's that then ? Only ever seen you in scraggy combat shorts and vulgar dayglo socks ;):D:D:D

Is this the one you like.....
http://www.orolus.com/images/tag-heu...11A-BA0700.jpg

Yup, that's the one Dave. Anyway, that IS my smart gear.....;) I figured that if I've got a vulgar dayglo car, I might as well get the sort of watch that would make Yoza wince....:p

Anyway, IWCs are a little more costly..... And I wouldn't buy s'hand...

yoza 12 August 2004 04:47 PM

Dont get me wrong, it doesnt make me wince, its just over priced thats all.

Remember I bought a ChaseDurer Trident FCX , so nothing can make me wince.:D

WWW.CHASEDURER.COM

Harry_Boy 12 August 2004 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by yoza
Dont get me wrong, it doesnt make me wince, its just over priced thats all.

Remember I bought a ChaseDurer Trident FCX , so nothing can make me wince.:D

WWW.CHASEDURER.COM

That is truly, err...., rugged.....:D:D:D

yoza 12 August 2004 04:58 PM

Rugged indeed.

3 time zones, rotating slide rule, alarm, stopwatch functions, flight heritage etc.

And turns heads, which I like.

No chance of anyone saying " Thats a fake ", because they dont " fake " them.

They usually say something along the lines of " What the feck is that? ". :D

Oh, and out of all my watches Rolex, Omega, Breitling, etc, it came in the nicest box Ive ever seen.......yes I am serious, little things like that do it for me.

Harry_Boy 12 August 2004 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by yoza
Rugged indeed.

3 time zones, rotating slide rule, alarm, stopwatch functions, flight heritage etc.

And turns heads, which I like.

No chance of anyone saying " Thats a fake ", because they dont " fake " them.

They usually say something along the lines of " What the feck is that? ". :D

Oh, and out of all my watches Rolex, Omega, Breitling, etc, it came in the nicest box Ive ever seen.......yes I am serious, little things like that do it for me.

Isn't it just a little on the 'heavy' side Yoza? Although, I have to say, it's the Hummer of all watches.....:D