ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Am I expecting too much? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/352433-am-i-expecting-too-much.html)

Viper61 12 August 2004 12:55 PM

Am I expecting too much?

Does your local 'main dealer' valet your car following a service? I've previously owned Peugeots and Citroens (I know, I saw the light eventually!) and every time my car went to them it came back sparking. This time all I got for my £500+ bill was cleaner bits where the mechanics had handled the alloys!

Is this what we expect from a main dealer.

Aztec Performance Ltd 12 August 2004 12:57 PM

Nope! They always wash & WAX mine before returning it :)

Aztec Performance Ltd 12 August 2004 12:58 PM

Hey!.....your from the worlds first garden city too!!!! Small world.

Worlds first roundabout too.

Bob

Viper61 12 August 2004 01:03 PM

So you must use the same dealer then???

Aztec Performance Ltd 12 August 2004 01:19 PM

No...you probably use Quenbys? I use a dealer in Midlands (where I also live).

Bob

Harry_Boy 12 August 2004 01:21 PM

Yup, always washed and vacuumed inside. Sheffield dealers.

bogie 12 August 2004 01:32 PM

I'm a fussy git! I'd rather they didn't wash my scoob!

They won't be as careful, nasty power wash / brush clean in a rush = scratches.

I usually tell them no touchy!

Bogie

billythekid 12 August 2004 01:57 PM

No chance at my local dealer,,, you should consider yourself lucky if the car comes back running!

PHILYB 12 August 2004 02:16 PM

i,m in the motor trade and we always valet the car afterwards, its courtesy the customer has probably just spent a shed load of money with us2, its the least we can do.

regards phil.

Diablo 12 August 2004 02:29 PM

I'm with bogie on this one.

Wouldn't want some halfwit near the bodywork.

Always insist the car is not cleaned (inside or out) at service. Get them to note it on the work sheet.

I will always try and make sure the car is clean and tidy before it goes in. Brushing past a dirty panel causes much more damage than brushing past a clean one.

D

chris's scooby 12 August 2004 02:37 PM

Mine has never been touched at my local dealers, although as other people here have said, that's not a bad thing!

scoobynutta555 12 August 2004 03:09 PM

I'd rather wash my own car. Also, seeing as I usually wait for the service on site, I don't want to sit about waiting while some sponge jockey smears all over my car when I could be out of there driving home.

marklemac 12 August 2004 03:16 PM

My dealer asks me, and I always say no. I don't want some oik cleaning it...

Aztec Performance Ltd 12 August 2004 03:39 PM

I'd much rather somebody else clean it rather than get me hands grubby.

Free wash & wax? Yes please!

Bob

Aztec Performance Ltd 12 August 2004 03:41 PM

If you chaps like cleaning scoobs that much you can do mine on a weekly basis. Take it in turn to avoid arguments. ;)

Bob

scooby L 12 August 2004 03:49 PM

Hendry's always clean mine...

But I re-swissol it after....:norty:

hybwrx2002 12 August 2004 03:51 PM

£585 at tiley subaru. Came out as dirty as it went in :(

916Duke 12 August 2004 03:56 PM

I agree with the sending it in clean... but the last time I did that, when I came to collect it, not only did I have a £500+ bill, but they had parked it in the bay next to the chimps jet washing the new cars and it was dirtier than a frenchman... (edited to say mine was at Tileys too!)

Viper61 12 August 2004 09:05 PM

well it would at least be given the chance to say 'no thanks' but I'm with Bob5 on this, form an orderly queue guys ;)

Viper61 12 August 2004 09:06 PM

p.s. Bob, don't let on about the roundabout thing, next thing you know we'll be blamed for Milton Keynes!!!!!!!!

scoobyboy 12 August 2004 09:58 PM

we wash and valet cars as routine but then as the last customers bill for their car came to £1500 for a 60,000 type service with no cambelt as it had already been changed, he was over the moon. and we do use a professional valet company so theirs no oiks or idiots doing it just a rather professional job if i do say so.

pippyrips 12 August 2004 10:50 PM

i would rather she be left alone - they would never do it to my standard anyway :D came back from the garage last week washed but not sham'ed dry to a right state!

paulwrxboro 12 August 2004 11:26 PM

????????????????

Thats funny you lot let the same lads take off your wheels drain your oil and dismantle your brakes and put it all back together but wont let them wash your car ?

scoobynutta555 12 August 2004 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by paulwrxboro
Thats funny you lot let the same lads take off your wheels drain your oil and dismantle your brakes and put it all back together but wont let them wash your car ?

Qualified mechanics do the important stuff. Sponge jockeys prob on a YTS equivalent or the local less than 100 IQ foot shuffler, I'd imagine, attempt the cleaning.

BedHog 13 August 2004 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Qualified mechanics do the important stuff. Sponge jockeys prob on a YTS equivalent or the local less than 100 IQ foot shuffler, I'd imagine, attempt the cleaning.

lol, I can imagine what a qualified mechanic would say if he was told to go wash a car :)

Plus at the prices they charge - it would be the most expensive car wash ever......

Si of Sheff 13 August 2004 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Harry_Boy
Yup, always washed and vacuumed inside. Sheffield dealers.

I use the same dealer (assuming you mean Monty's). The valet guy, Winston, is about 60 and knows his stuff, not some 'sponge jockey'. A good wash, leather and vac is appreciated as I get my servicing done on saturday mornings, meaning a wash at home after takes half my weekend. The chance to decline is always there for those of you who don't trust someone who does this all day long. Its simply good service, it should be OFFERED everywhere, or a discount in lieu of it? Fat chance!

Si

Aztec Performance Ltd 13 August 2004 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Viper61
p.s. Bob, don't let on about the roundabout thing, next thing you know we'll be blamed for Milton Keynes!!!!!!!!

LOL. Ah Milton Keynes....designed with a ruler and compass!

Bob

Viper61 13 August 2004 07:12 PM

and all those bloody roundabouts!!!!!

sooby 13 August 2004 07:23 PM

Garages only vacuum cars to find the pound coins that have fallen from your pockets ;-)

scoobyboy 13 August 2004 07:47 PM

bedhog's right thats one thing i don't do wash the car my manager would get told where to go if he asked me and he knows it!