ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Politically correct.......B0ll0x!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/352235-politically-correct-b0ll0x.html)

EvilKyote 11 August 2004 04:24 PM

Politically correct.......B0ll0x!!!!!

So who else if fed up with the PC brigade and all the PC crap that goes around now a days?!?!?!

Went down the pub the other night (not my usual thou) and went to the bar for a drink, the girl behind the bar was paying more attention to the bottles on the shelf than the odd few people at the bar, so I say 'Excuse me barmaid, can i get a drink please?' Next thing I know i'm getting a lecture in the ear from the landlord who was on the stool next to me about how you not allowed to call the people behind a bar either 'barmaid' or 'barman' as it is not politically correct, and that I should call them bar person.

I said something along the lines of 'jeez you gotta be kidding me!!! not more totally pointless and rediculous PC crap?!?' then he preceeds to stand up and tell me if I do not adhere to the political correctness then i'm out

FFS?!?! What the hell is up with these people??? In my opinion they should be rounded up and shot!!!! it's because of so called politically (crappy) correctness that this country is in such that sad and pathetic state that it is!!!

:@

scoobynutta555 11 August 2004 04:26 PM

Go buy your cocktail in another bar ;)

talizman 11 August 2004 04:27 PM

Well you know what to do next time......

Say "Hoi, fat-ar$e/ugly/big t*ts/gorgeous, can I get a drink" (delete as appropriate)

;)

Andrew Dixon 11 August 2004 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by EvilKyote
FFS?!?! What the hell is up with these people??? In my opinion they should be rounded up and shot!!!! it's because of so called politically (crappy) correctness that this country is in such that sad and pathetic state that it is!!!

I thought it was due to immigrants? Or was it gypsies? Tony Blair maybe? ;)

Get the impression this guy might just have been trying to wind you up. Seem to have worked ...! :p

Dream Weaver 11 August 2004 04:29 PM

We should follow Italy's lead, they dont take any crap.

SiPie 11 August 2004 04:29 PM

You should of asked him if he wanted to be called a landlord or landperson

Andrew Dixon 11 August 2004 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
We should follow Italy's lead, they dont take any crap.

As is evidenced by their latest ban on children under 14 appearing in advertisements ...?

SJ_Skyline 11 August 2004 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by SiPie
You should of asked him if he wanted to be called a landlord or landperson

or ducky and see how far you get ;)

TelBoy 11 August 2004 04:33 PM

Did you order a nice glass of Blue Ecclesiastical Person white wine? :)

EvilKyote 11 August 2004 04:37 PM

Maybe next time i see him i should try 'Hoi ar$eface, get me a drink ya fat git!!!' :D

scoobynutta555 11 August 2004 04:37 PM

Deffo Tony Blairs problem. I'd write to your local MP demanding a full public enquiry :eek:

tiggers 11 August 2004 06:16 PM

And don't forget America and everyone who lives there - it's their fault too. ;)

unclebuck 11 August 2004 06:31 PM

Yep, Blair every time.

- don't forget to vote them out :p

;)

BishopDevious 11 August 2004 06:44 PM

We had the same at our local when the landlord changed. Ended up telling him to stuff it up his ar$e and all of us went elsewhere.

What are you supposed to call a barmaid, alcoholic drink serving operative?

Who actually benefits from all this PC crap anyway?

M444GY 11 August 2004 06:46 PM

next time just shout oi f*ckface i want a drink:) pc wankers i get their **** all day at work

unclebuck 11 August 2004 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by BishopDevious

Who actually benefits from all this PC crap anyway?

Criminals, Immigrants, and losers in general, it seems.

UB:)

Leslie 12 August 2004 05:37 PM

I think Talizman has got it right, I would go back there again just to do that and in front of the landthing in his roman sandals!

Make sure you finish the request with barperson though and he will not be in a position to criticise.

Les :D

ScoobyDriverWannabe 12 August 2004 05:54 PM

Is it true they arnt allowed to call ginger bread men, ginger bread no more and have to be called ginger bread poeple.

unclebuck 12 August 2004 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe
Is it true they arnt allowed to call ginger bread men, ginger bread no more and have to be called ginger bread poeple.

What a load of old Gollywog!!

:D:D

ScoobyDriverWannabe 12 August 2004 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
What a load of old Gollywog!!

:D:D

i didnt think they were allowed to sell these either no more till i seen a stall in the metro centre selling them a few weeks ago.

Got a few dodgey looks when i shouted to me m8 look gollywogs before turning round and seing the family of africans stood behind me :brickwall:brickwall

Abdabz 12 August 2004 06:13 PM

I have to say this live and let live moral goody goody culture in England today is going to far. Everything being 'politically correct' - the submissive masses are ruining the very backbone of this land.

talizman 12 August 2004 06:44 PM

Its a sad day when kids get into trouble at school for saying "blackboard"....

Apparently its a "chalkboard"

Bollock$!

Its a fcuking blackboard! :D

Leslie 13 August 2004 07:56 AM

Bet they were queueing to buy one :D

Les

JayPSC 13 August 2004 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe
Got a few dodgey looks when i shouted to me m8 look gollywogs before turning round and seing the family of africans stood behind me :brickwall:brickwall

LMFAO, that brightened up my morning. Sounds like something I'd do hahaha

Andrew Dixon 13 August 2004 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Abdabz
I have to say this live and let live moral goody goody culture in England today is going to far. Everything being 'politically correct' - the submissive masses are ruining the very backbone of this land.

So would you be happier living in an immoral, intolerant 'do bad' society? ;)

tucker101uk 13 August 2004 10:00 AM

They can sell them, all tho know they are just called gollys...

I work behind a bar part-time for extra cash, and my offical job role title is bar assistant.

Remember the scouts? remember the little plastic thing that used to hold your scarf together? remember its called a woggle? Not anymore!! :)

SJ_Skyline 13 August 2004 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew Dixon
So would you be happier living in an immoral, intolerant 'do bad' society? ;)

Wasn't that Thatchers Britain? :D;)

EvilKyote 13 August 2004 11:02 AM

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaay then?!?!?!?!?!

Some please please PLEASE explain to me why the words 'wog' and 'woggle' are supposedly offensive?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :confused:

OllyK 13 August 2004 11:11 AM

Not sure of the roots, not as obvious as "Paki" but it is an offensive term used mainly by the British to describe Africans (and occasionaly Asians). It no doubt heralds back to the days of the Empire and our poor treatment of the indiginous populations.

Because "woggle" contains "wog" people have got on the PC waggon without thinking about it. Bit like the origin of "Hamburger" is "Hamburg Steak" and nothing at all to do with "Ham"

messiah 13 August 2004 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by talizman
Its a sad day when kids get into trouble at school for saying "blackboard"....

Apparently its a "chalkboard"

Bollock$!

Its a fcuking blackboard! :D

I couldn't agree more.

Political Correctness is out of hand.