ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Today, I have mostly been driving a...... (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/349377-today-i-have-mostly-been-driving-a.html)

thecirsch 31 July 2004 05:43 PM

Today, I have mostly been driving a......

...... Red Ferrari 360 Modena F1 :D :D

A good mate of mine took delivery of his new car this morning. I happened to be passing his place not long after he got home, therefore the whole family was out having a bit of a poke around. He says "Want to go out for a ride?" 15 seconds later I'm sitting in the passengers seat. We are out for a while, when he says the immortal words "Wanna have a drive" 15 seconds later I'm in the drivers seat :). He takes a couple of minutes to explain the paddle change system, then off we go. We have a gentle drive around the quite roads near him, then we find a two lane private road ;). Suffice to say I saw 5000 revs in third, but then lost my bottle, as it wasn't my car and I've got know idea how much a re-build would cost me!! He did point out that it doesn't red-line until 8000 RPM!

My views:

1) The car looks and sounds awesome. Looking at the engine through the rear window is sublime. How the heat it generates does crack the screen is beyond me. He was going to get a Spider, but changed his mind.

2) Paddle system can be a bit 'agricultural' changing from 1st to 2nd, after that the speed of the gerabox is fantastic.

3) Can't really comment on the road holding as we weren't out long enough. It isn't as hard as the Scoob.

4) Can't believe how much room is in it, I'm 6ft 5 and had loads of room.

After we got back, I took him out in the Scoob. He said "Blimey, this IS quick" Kind of put a smile on my face. :)

STi 7 31 July 2004 06:04 PM

lucky $hit... how come he changed his mind over the 360 spider?

16vmarc 31 July 2004 06:04 PM

Cool! Was he humouring you ;)

thecirsch 31 July 2004 08:21 PM

STi7, He said he preferred the shape of the coupe than the open top. Although, he did infact change his mind twice :rolleyes: beforing ordering this one. He had also just got rid of his 2nd 500SL (which he'd only had a month :eek: ), which he thought was a bit bland. He had a test driver of a Lamborghini before confirming the order, but he thought the interior was a bit to Audi!!

Mark, no, he was serious. Mind you he hasn't screamed the nuts of the Ferrari yet ;) :D

SC008Y_MAD 31 July 2004 09:55 PM

U luck b@stard. u must have some very trust worths friend thats all i can say. u lucy person

Tiny 01 August 2004 12:07 AM

Ed , Sounds Like you had a Cracking day as well M8

BTW, I will Get you on a Poser's Cruise one day!!!!!!!! ;)

Tiny....

thecirsch 01 August 2004 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by tiny01
Ed , Sounds Like you had a Cracking day as well M8

BTW, I will Get you on a Poser's Cruise one day!!!!!!!! ;)

Tiny....

Mate,

When hell freezes over ;)

Unless I bring the Capri along and park it next to Gangsta's car. Show him what a proper SILVER :p car should look like :D :D

Phil 01 August 2004 09:46 AM

Nice

I spotted an Enzo on the way back from Gt Yarmouth

NOW THAT LOOKED AWESOME

thecirsch 01 August 2004 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by phil_stephens
Nice

I spotted an Enzo on the way back from Gt Yarmouth

NOW THAT LOOKED AWESOME

Out done by the Chairman :D

'Mad'. Yep, I couldn't believe he offered the keys to me either. Still smiling nearly a day later!

Phil 01 August 2004 02:08 PM

Didn't get to drive it though mate

mynickers 01 August 2004 02:33 PM

Was it red? ;)

I prefer the coupe over the spider personally, and that 360 noise is enough to make hairs stand up on your neck when you hear it from a distance let alone driving it.

Simon Lau 01 August 2004 05:11 PM

very lucky...but I think you're mate is luckier ;)

awesome sounding but chellenge stradale would have been more nice but wouldn't complain about either :cool:

RichB 02 August 2004 11:41 AM

A mate of mine did the same to me, he was working on his house so just gave me the keys, he'd only got it that day so off I went, enjoyed it so much I bought one... :D

http://www.rich-b.co.uk/cars/360rb/images/IMG_8785.jpg

Had it 5 months, lovely jubbly...

gregjd 02 August 2004 12:58 PM

My Mum and Dad (out in the US) have had a 360 Spider in their garage for the last week. Not theirs though unfortunately..Just a wealthy pal who was having his garage floor re-done..

Still, my old man's got his 996 C4 Cab parked next to it which I've not driven yet.. Going out there in a couple of weeks..can't wait for a blast!