ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   Replacing standard front pads with Ferodo 2500's in a 04 WRX - much improvement? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/348421-replacing-standard-front-pads-with-ferodo-2500s-in-a-04-wrx-much-improvement.html)

papascooby 28 July 2004 09:40 AM

Replacing standard front pads with Ferodo 2500's in a 04 WRX - much improvement?

I assume it's not worth doing the rears

I guess the 2500's are the pad of choice at the moment?

Neil Smalley 28 July 2004 09:54 AM

I had DS2500's on my AP brake kit and they were superb pads. They did seem dustier than the standard pads, but from hot or cold they inspired huge confidence. They were also cheaper than the standard STi Brembo pads I had too.

RoosterRoo 28 July 2004 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by papascooby

I've put these on my MY02 WRX, and they are a lot better over the standard pads.

davyboy 28 July 2004 09:59 AM

Used them on my MY01 - never noticed any improvement.

To be honest it's not the pads fault the brakes are not very good!

hawkeye 28 July 2004 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Neil Smalley
I had DS2500's on my AP brake kit and they were superb pads. They did seem dustier than the standard pads, but from hot or cold they inspired huge confidence. They were also cheaper than the standard STi Brembo pads I had too.

agree totally with you neil ive got ds2500's in the front on my MY02sti gr8 brake feel however very dusty when used hard

also ive been experimenting with ds2000's in the rear and don't notice any difference to the brembos on NORMAL roads however on the track they do help a bit

MadMark 28 July 2004 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by papascooby

Papa - huge improvement!
More bite, and I was having a problem with brake fade coming into roundabouts quickly - which disappeared straight away! Great pads! :)

I am actually going to do the rears too, as with several quick roundabouts they do get hot - and someone said to me recently that they make a big difference when driving hard. I am also going to fit braided hoses ....

Biggest difference was putting in Dot 5.1 brake fluid and bleeding the whole system - twice!

papascooby 28 July 2004 11:11 AM

where's a good place to get braided hoses and which ones should I get?

corradoboy 28 July 2004 01:37 PM

JW Racing stock all you'll need. Available as a (Racing Stoppers) kit for £205 or each item individually.

hugo 29 July 2004 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by MadMark
Biggest difference was putting in Dot 5.1 brake fluid and bleeding the whole system - twice!

Which fluid did you use?
Ta,
Hugh

Pavlo 29 July 2004 10:38 PM

The standard brakes are actually quite good with decent pads. The DS2500 are great from cold, but you can get something a little better if you need it.

Paul