ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Florida again...... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/347683-florida-again.html)

super_si 25 July 2004 07:13 PM

Florida again......

2 questions this time :)

1) Is the KSC worth going to again? I like all that kinda stuff but last time i was '98. Has it changed much? I know the lauch pad 39a Viewing gantry was being put up. Thats it. Didnt see the Imax last time either

2) How stricts the drinking law? Misses is 4 months short of 21. How strict would the hotel be do you think?

Cheers, 4 weeks to go :D

Si

milo 25 July 2004 07:18 PM

so hows the cutting up going that u were doing for this holiday?

to answer question 2, i was born and raised (well dragged up) in the us, and altho it wasnt florida, you can pretty much guarantee BOTH u and her will get carded every time.

i usually go back home for a while each summer and every time i get carded (im 25). generalized rule of thumb: if u look under 30, expect to get carded everywhere.

p.s. u shouldnt be drinking anyways - it'll ruin your hard work!

oh and have fun :)

super_si 25 July 2004 07:24 PM

Cheers mate. Cutting........ got pissed off after a week. Didnt lose any cash on what i had ;) would have nailed the 180k other wise on limited carbs.

If i where to buy drinks, would she get away drinking them without being hassled?

milo 25 July 2004 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by super_si
Cheers mate. Cutting........ got pissed off after a week.

standard strongman's response :) have u seen big glen ross' before and after pics from when he was a bb'er vs. a strongman?

If i where to buy drinks, would she get away drinking them without being hassled?
doubt it mate. if you're buying two drinks, they'll ask who it's for. i dont drink alcohol and the times i get carded are when i was buying drinks for my gf (who is legal) - and the bartender always wants to card us both just in case.. and im not even intending to drink the crap!

i'd not risk it in a bar personally as they'll just kick u out most likely. if she really wants to drink that much, buy from a liquor store and drink it in your hotel room (be aware that u could get into trouble for supplying a minor with alcohol however).

carl 25 July 2004 07:33 PM

I got "carded" many times, even though I'm nearly 31!

ALi-B 25 July 2004 07:34 PM

I can guarentee she won't get served for the beer. I remember bartenders in the hotel bar almost having a heart attack if a kid appoached within 10ft of a bar!

May get away in a restuarant with wine etc.

KSC...been years since I've been there, I'd like to go again to remind myself - although not sure what's happening there these days since the shuttles were grounded.

super_si 25 July 2004 07:35 PM

Looks like shes doing sea world on her own there. Ive heard rumours of a complementary Bud tent :D.

yeah ive seen the Glenn pics, have you seen the stumpy ( andy raines)

Si

super_si 25 July 2004 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B
I can guarentee she won't get served for the beer. I remember bartenders in the hotel bar almost having a heart attack if a kid appoached within 10ft of a bar!

May get away in a restuarant with wine etc.

KSC...been years since I've been there, I'd like to go again to remind myself - although not sure what's happening there these days since the shuttles were grounded.

http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/kscpao/s...at/current.htm

Next lauch was scheduled for sept 04 but not back again to 04/05. probably see the shuttle as its in the VAB

Si

milo 25 July 2004 07:41 PM

yeah ive seen the Glenn pics, have you seen the stumpy ( andy raines)

no not seen raines'.. post them up or pm me the links please?

Daryl 25 July 2004 07:42 PM

Looks like shes doing sea world on her own there. Ive heard rumours of a complementary Bud tent :D.
Si

There is, but you only get one drink :(

The 'how we brew beer' show is good though :)

super_si 25 July 2004 07:50 PM

Is busch gardens a free for all then :D?

carl 25 July 2004 11:05 PM

Next lauch was scheduled for sept 04 but not back again to 04/05. probably see the shuttle as its in the VAB

Of course, KSC is co-located with Canaveral Airforce Station. I believe there are Delta and Atlas launches scheduled for late August/early September (the Delta should be more impressive). Check at http://www.spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

+Doc+ 26 July 2004 07:14 AM

Americas laws say ID has to be show when buying alchohol at any age or so we were told, I even had to show ID for fags cause I looked under 26?!?!

As for KSC, sorry but this just bored me. I may have been spoiled by all the Disney Parks and MGN studios etc but KSC was a real let down for me.

zesty 26 July 2004 10:52 AM

I just got back from Florida yesterday aftrer travelling round for 2 weeks. I was asked for ID every time I got a drink except once in a hotel, even the restaurants asked me for ID. Got myself 200 fags from Wallgreens and the bloke in there checked my ID. Im happy as Larry as im 30!!

BTW not sure if the kids are still on holiday in 4 weeks time but I spent 4 days in Orlando and the parks were manic, ended up leaving MGM as it was so busy. Drove to Blizzard beach and just about to turn in when a sign says the place is shut as it is at full capacity and to go to Typhoon Lagoon instead, so drove there and just about to turn in when a guy puts a bill board up saying that TL is shut as well as it is at full capacity, never did get to go :cry:

camk 26 July 2004 11:19 AM

Was in Phillidelphia airport a few months back in a bar, they carded a guy who sat next to me, I asked the guy his age, he was 63. I chinned the barman, he pointed to a sign, we ID everyone !!! :rolleyes:, I'm 36, been carded >75% of the times I have been in a bar in the US in the last 10 years.

wrx 26 July 2004 04:23 PM

KSC is alot better than it was back in 98 the've spent quite a bit doing it up

super_si 26 July 2004 04:46 PM

Like what WRX?

scoob_babe 26 July 2004 06:10 PM

Thought KSC was good - and yes, we got carded for buying alcohol even though we were in the adults thingy bit at Disney and had passports checked for DoB before being allowed entry!
Mad - but had passport with me all the time!

super_si 26 July 2004 08:14 PM

would UK driving licence be ok? Dont wanna carry PP

Si

carl 26 July 2004 08:58 PM

UK driving licence is fine.

gareth123 26 July 2004 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Daryl

The 'how we brew beer' show is good though :)

Is it one of the Bud horses pissing in a barrel?