ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   A 309 yard drive...260 yard (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/347439-a-309-yard-drive-260-yard.html)

FlightMan 24 July 2004 11:49 AM

A 309 yard drive...260 yard

3 wood to 6 feet, then miss the Eagle putt.

ARSE!

NotoriousREV 24 July 2004 12:07 PM

yeah, I'm crap at badminton, too.

hoskib 24 July 2004 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan
3 wood to 6 feet, then miss the Eagle putt.

ARSE!

hope you made the birdie putt;)

know where you're coming from though mate, recently had a week down in devon golfing with the old man, one hole there is 428 yd par 4, but drops down 180 ft and doglegs left about 100 yds.

bertie big bollox here takes the marshals advice (who was following us around as it was late and we were about the only ones out there) to drive the dogleg over the next holes' green to take our green on.

perfect drive ends up on the edge of the green, this muppet then gets all carried away and 3 putts for par:iamwithst

dad, who hits about 200yd drives, hits driver, 5 wood and sinks the putt:mad: for birdie.

marshal pisses himself, i fume off to the next tee and shank it out of bounds.

gotta love this game

FlightMan 24 July 2004 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by hoskib
hope you made the birdie putt;)

know where you're coming from though mate, recently had a week down in devon golfing with the old man, one hole there is 428 yd par 4, but drops down 180 ft and doglegs left about 100 yds.

bertie big bollox here takes the marshals advice (who was following us around as it was late and we were about the only ones out there) to drive the dogleg over the next holes' green to take our green on.

perfect drive ends up on the edge of the green, this muppet then gets all carried away and 3 putts for par:iamwithst

dad, who hits about 200yd drives, hits driver, 5 wood and sinks the putt:mad: for birdie.

marshal pisses himself, i fume off to the next tee and shank it out of bounds.

gotta love this game

Yeah, birdie put dropped.

Nice story mate. Bugger of a game aint it. Whats the saying, "its not, its how many"

CrisPDuk 24 July 2004 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Whats the saying, "its not, its how many"

I think you'll find it's "what a way to spoil a good walk" :D

Abdabz 24 July 2004 05:24 PM

Flip side to it - a mate of mine has hit more water obstacles than Donald Campbell but his ball never sinks - always skims over the water to the other side! Did it once at a local course to me (Eclleston Park) and people came out of the club house to shake his hand :( !!!

As for me going round anywhere near 100 is fantastic :)

matt85 24 July 2004 05:27 PM

LOL... tell me about it!!

Matt (who just happened to chip in for an eagle earlier today :D )