ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Another vacuum cleaner question... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/345434-another-vacuum-cleaner-question.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 17 July 2004 07:48 PM

Another vacuum cleaner question...

have seen the Dyson DC04 Brush Control for £149.99 and wanted to know if anyone here has one and how reliable it has been and how good a vacuum cleaner they think it is.

I used to have one of the early Dyson uprights and the belt used to snap all the time but the dc04 brush control has the anti belt snap system on it thats a clutch or something to protect the belts.

Have read varying reports on them on the web with some people saying they are the worst thing they have ever bought (the motor going being a major issue) and never getting another Dyson again to others saying they are superb and do a perfect job.

Currently got an electrolux drag along thing thats bloody useless so want to get a replacement thats actually going to clean the floor.

However I want to spend as little as possible hence seeing the Dyson for £150 and thinking might be a bargain as other hoovers for £150 might not be anywhere near as good???

Have seen a couple of vacuum cleaner threads that were posted back in June time and there was mention of the Dyson on there and no one seemed to mention reliability issues.

Advice much appreciated :)

Corgi 17 July 2004 08:33 PM

Dunno anything about the Dyson but you can buy a DC04 for £134.99 online.

Got a Henry myself and very happy with it.

Abdabz 17 July 2004 09:16 PM

Henry's kick a$$ - chekky little fellas! :D :D :D :D

Jye 17 July 2004 09:17 PM

Woman :D

hutton_d 17 July 2004 09:53 PM

Yep - a Henry it is .... under a ton and does just what it says on the tin ....

Dave

Abdabz 17 July 2004 10:49 PM

That smile is offputting when you attach it to your... err I'll get my coat!!! :D :D :D

Chris_ 17 July 2004 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Abdabz
That smile is offputting when you attach it to your... err I'll get my coat!!! :D :D :D

Lol @ Abdabz

Agree, the Henry is the dogs. You dont see proffesional cleaning companies going around with Dysons , now do you.

Bravo2zero_sps 17 July 2004 11:16 PM

Right off to look up prices and reviews of Henry hoover then :D

beemerboy 17 July 2004 11:32 PM

bob, we got a lime/slver dc03, the only thing that went on it was the flex, which dyson came round and fixed for £25 or something.
no bags, or new filters, since we had in sept2k for a wedding pressie.

not bad me thinks.

BB:)

gavnnik 17 July 2004 11:43 PM

When we first bought a DC04 my wife hated it because it was too heavy.

It was only after using it a couple of times that we realised that what we felt wasn't the weight of the hoover but the incredible suction it generated. Enough to make the hoover feel difficult to push.

I wouldn't buy anything else now.

ScoobyDoo555 18 July 2004 09:30 AM

another dyson user - very happy with it :)

Dan

Adrian F 18 July 2004 10:11 AM

My parents had a Dyson never bought one again very unreliable and with dogs fur not very good. it was a DC04.

I have a Miele cat and dog with the brush head and i am very pleased with it. it was a present my choice was for a brand Sebo not heard a bad word about them but yet again not hd one myself. both solf in John Lewis though i am sure cheaper online.