ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   ***FAO*** SOINIC/ABDABZ? OTHER ST.HELENS SCOOBYS (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/345192-fao-soinic-abdabz-other-st-helens-scoobys.html)

julian N/W wrx my93 16 July 2004 05:48 PM

***FAO*** SOINIC/ABDABZ? OTHER ST.HELENS SCOOBYS

wot time you leaving on sunday morning, and are you meeting up anywhere?

*Sonic* 16 July 2004 08:33 PM

erm not too sure, we could meet at the Micklehead :) as we have to go that way anyway, over runcorn bridge, and onto the M56

vulnax999 16 July 2004 09:17 PM

Enjoy the bridge ... roadworks times!!!

*Sonic* you thinking of the Well lane RR first? Doing your turbo first too? Or just going to watch Chris ??

*Sonic* 16 July 2004 09:36 PM

Thinking of RR :) car been running pretty good today, and fast too :D

minor_threat 17 July 2004 12:04 AM

If you meet at Micklehead let us know, we'll meet you there because I'd planned on going the Runcorn way. :D

vulnax999 17 July 2004 12:07 AM

You DO know Julian will be there, with his Horse stories and other Internet "sites of interest" anecdotes .....

complete with actions?

Have a nice day! Here's Julian!

vulnax999 17 July 2004 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by *Sonic*
Thinking of RR :) car been running pretty good today, and fast too :D

Nice! Probably beat my last score... :hjtwofing

Think I'll put on the TD05 on Saturday, as my chips are in the area now for it, possibly see if can go to Well Lane on Sunday, else do a solo on Prosport rolers!

Hmmm Power FC and AVC-R looking tempting... gulp! :eek2:

Have a nice run on Sunday

Neil

*Sonic* 17 July 2004 12:24 AM

Im hoping to fit my new Defis tomorrow, ill leave the turbo for the time being :)

Got to nip over to wigan with some air con bits at some point tomorrow

Will be interesting to see how much coolant you lose :D :D

vulnax999 17 July 2004 12:57 AM

If I get stuck I may call ya! Should be OK, seems turbo was off after xmas putting Chris's headers on .. the garage had fun there!

Neil

*Sonic* 17 July 2004 08:33 AM

Well if you need a hand etc, any tools and what not then give me a bell

07989 952074

Hope you got a garage, cos its just started pi55ing it down, and I mean torrential !!!

vulnax999 17 July 2004 09:23 AM

Rain rain go away.....

Garage full of rubbish, not too much room down sides even if car inside, so drive looked favorite!

I'll have to wait a bit ... don't want to get it stripped down and then rained off!

*Sonic* 17 July 2004 09:35 AM

you could always bring it round here :)

my car is on the front at the moment, so there is space in the garage, although ive never tried to get a wagon in my garage :)

vulnax999 17 July 2004 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=*Sonic*]you could always bring it round here :)

QUOTE]
:thumb:

Not a bad idea. I should be in and out though during the day so was going to do what I could between trips out!

How long would you reckon ... only 10 bolts, 3 jubilee clips, 4 hoses ...! :eek2:

*Sonic* 17 July 2004 09:52 AM

and lots of leaking coolant :)

got any antifreeze just in case hehe

Not too sure really, once I had undone my DP bolts (didnt take too long) and the up-pipe bolts (header end) I could have had the turbo out very easily at that point

Just didnt really want too, cos I havent got the rest of my bits, nor a boost controller to restrict the boost

Should be easier/quicker with 2 of us, alternatively I have a big gazebo that you can borrow if you need to stay at your house

I have to nip out this morning anyway , but should be back lunch time (ish) but ill have my mobile with me anyway, and then ill be looking to fit my defis (can do that on the front, as most of it is inside the car :)

Abdabz 17 July 2004 10:24 AM

Micklehead meet is good for me too - just let me know what time and I'll be there - tooo tired to consider thinking of times this morn - Abdabz is paying the price for over indulgence this morn! :D

julian N/W wrx my93 17 July 2004 10:29 AM

fook, you lot are up early! i was knocked up at haf 8 myself by workmen to finish my floor!

but at least we all have steves phone no. now!!!!

Abdabz 17 July 2004 10:38 AM

I was woken by the unnerving desperation of neding to empty a full bladder - too much information - I know :D - So what time at the head of Mickles?

julian N/W wrx my93 17 July 2004 11:05 AM

sonic, will the garage be free for my clutch!!!!!!!

minor_threat 17 July 2004 12:45 PM

What's this, is Sonic having a garage party??! Can we come round and add more duct tape to our induction kit? PMSL! Thanks for your number. :D

Julian/Abdabz, I'll have to let you arrange a time to meet at the head of Mickle. I've got no shafting idea how much time it takes to get to Helsby from there. Any idea?! Looking forward to meeting you Abdabz.

Neil, the horse conversation was far surpassed by . . . dare I even say this? . . . gushers.

julian N/W wrx my93 17 July 2004 12:58 PM

GUSHERS?

explane again!

minor_threat 17 July 2004 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by julian N/W wrx my93
GUSHERS?

explane again!

Not even going there!

How long do you think it takes to get from the green head of Mickle to Helsby services Julian?

*Sonic* 17 July 2004 01:42 PM

Minor_Threat I have something for you :) :) you need to check your PM tho

Not sure how long it takes to get to Helsby from Micklehead, no longer than half an hour I would imagine

I wont be going now, as Ive got a place on the Rollers at Well Lane again, just to see how my car is doing since I replaced the up-pipe etc
:)

julian N/W wrx my93 17 July 2004 02:49 PM

"if" i go it will prob be in the astra. just need to comfirm with the g/f first!

vulnax999 17 July 2004 03:34 PM

Turbo change

Rain stopped, so strip the car down started about half one.

All necessary ancillaries off in a few minutes - heat shield, top mount i/c, oil catch can, inlet and induction etc.

All 5 downpipe bolts/ nuts came off ok, bit awkward on last one in awkward place.

Uppipe bolts surprisingly easy ... odd sizes but not all that tight. Seems a bit of spring in the up pipe. May be fun refitting TD05! Not bad in an hour or so!

Had to stop so now need just to drop the down pipeoff the exhaust and pop off th ewater and oil pipes.

Then rebuild!

I'll post back later!

julian N/W wrx my93 17 July 2004 04:30 PM

may pop round to watch!

*Sonic* 17 July 2004 04:35 PM

Just be careful when re-fitting the turbo, that the oil pipe connects up properly, I got some good advice this morning for replacing turbos :)

vulnax999 17 July 2004 04:53 PM

Care to share it?

The water hoses were a pain to get at and get off, the one under the turbo particularly ( although it just pulled off in the end when I lifted the turbo! ) hope I can get it back on. The hoses are a bit hard and could do with replacing, but didn't get the samco's in time!

Having a break, may start to refit or may leave util tomorrow am!

Abdabz 17 July 2004 05:56 PM

Julian - If you wanna ride shotgun in my lean green scooby machine you're more than welcome buddy - meet me at the head of mickles - If we're all meeting at Hellsby for 10.30 lets aim to leave the Mickleyhead at 9.45 - I'll be at the head of mickles mickling about from 9.30....
If anyone was thinking of a different time speak now or forever hold your piece...
P :D

scoobess 17 July 2004 06:09 PM

Abdabz,

I'm holding my piece right now but am thinking you meant the other kind of peace. :D

We'll be at the green head of Mickles and will aim to get there before 9.45. I'll PM you my mobile number in case there's a change of plan.

Minor Threat

Abdabz 17 July 2004 06:38 PM

You type well one handed Mr Threat!!! - And no I meant "piece" :D :D

I wonder if the head of micklebop does breakfasts for non residents? If so I'll be there at half 8 :D ;)

See those who are going in the morn - for now I must return to sky sports one and drown my sorrows :(