ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Lighting and Other Electrical (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/)
-   -   Does the battery run flat when car left locked and immobilised for two weeks. (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/344431-does-the-battery-run-flat-when-car-left-locked-and-immobilised-for-two-weeks.html)

pmarch 14 July 2004 11:32 AM

Does the battery run flat when car left locked and immobilised for two weeks.

Have standard bug WRX with factory lock/immobiliser. I think I have read various places that battery prone to run flat when car left for say two weeks and locked as normal with immobiliser activated.

What about the superlock option - if car left in superlock mode, does this use less power from battery. On the other hand, what is security drawback of using superlock - in other words, would alarm not be triggered by break in via window etc.

I don't want to get back after two weeks and find a dead car. Was not a problem with Primera but that only had a NATS Cat 2 immobilser. Am I worrying about nothing?

ALi-B 14 July 2004 11:34 AM

Mine lasts (97 classic) for 3 weeks, that's with a pioneer headunit, cd changer, tracker, alarm/immobilser and the factory immobilser fitted.

They all take a little juice when the ignition is turned off

Buzzer 14 July 2004 12:06 PM

If the warranty is still active take it to the dealer and ask for a battery test (or do it yourself). There was an issue when the bugs came out that a lot of peeps got a bad battery batch and subsequently had their batteries changed.

My bug would never start after two weeks alone :( IM said it was the Tracker draining the battery. I spoke with RAC and they said tell IM to stop talking sh1te ;)

StevietheG 14 July 2004 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzer
If the warranty is still active take it to the dealer and ask for a battery test (or do it yourself). There was an issue when the bugs came out that a lot of peeps got a bad battery batch and subsequently had their batteries changed.

My bug would never start after two weeks alone :( IM said it was the Tracker draining the battery. I spoke with RAC and they said tell IM to stop talking sh1te ;)

Hi Buzzer......RAC are currently changing Tracker settings on some STi's to alleviate battery drain problem!

Steve

Buzzer 14 July 2004 12:17 PM

Oooh so a complete about turn by them then eh ;)

ShyTot 14 July 2004 12:18 PM

How do we get that done then???

10 days on my STI and it's as flat as a fart. That's on a new battery as well. The old one was flat after 4 days.

Mine goes on an Accumate bettery conditioner now whenever it's left for any time - always fully charged

Nigel H 14 July 2004 01:00 PM

Your battery probably will be flat

My 01 Bugeye battery lasts for about 6 to 7 days with the tracker and immobiliser. Best to have a spare battery on hand for your return :)

Sorry don't understand superlock 'cos mines an euroimport and has a different alarm

ShyTot 14 July 2004 01:07 PM

Nooooooooo, Lead acid Batteries fvck themselves when they go flat.

Buy either an Accumate or a Battery Tender conditioner and put it on that. They cost less than £50 by mail order.

sti-04!! 14 July 2004 01:10 PM

Can anyone ellaborate on the "Superlock" function as i go on holiday tomorrow & even though i will be under lock & key i still want to arm it this way

Thanks

Stephen

HotRod 14 July 2004 01:57 PM

If you're worried can't you get a mate or a neighbour to come round & run it for 10 minutes after you've been away a week? (assuming they're not tempted to take it out!)

Mine went flat in a fortnight initially but the Tracker was new and being tested every 10 minutes... Since then left it twice for fortnight & no problem

Buzzer 14 July 2004 02:01 PM

I had my dad do that :eek: He locked himself in somehow and couldn't suss the catch on the door handle. He considered putting his foot through the window before he realised that the key fob also unlocked the car from the inside :rolleyes:

Iain M 14 July 2004 02:28 PM

My old P1 used to be quite happy being on super lock for 2 to three weeks at a time. My current Impreza had no problems being on super lock for 10 days.

Iain M 14 July 2004 02:33 PM

In response to Stephen(sit-04):

The instructions for super lock are in guide to Subaru security supplied with your car. It's a very thin guide of about 10 pages. I don't have the guide to hand at the mo.

AndyScoobs 14 July 2004 06:58 PM

just come back from 2 week holiday for 2 weeks and had no problems.

Andy