ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Buckled wheel (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/344215-buckled-wheel.html)

Paulo P 13 July 2004 03:29 PM

Buckled wheel

I've heard that you can get these straightened. I got a quote for a new wheel and it's £150 for one :cry:

Has anyone ever had one done?

What was the result?

Who does it?

Thanks in advance

Paul :)

yoza 13 July 2004 03:40 PM

Just tighten the spokes up on the opposite side to where the wheel is pulling too.

And loosen the spokes on the other side to suit.

Hope this helps.....

Helpful Yoza

Paulo P 13 July 2004 03:41 PM

:lol: Not quite what I had in mind but about right from you :lol1:

yoza 13 July 2004 03:44 PM

Glad I could be of some assistance.

Ive got a spare spoke key, if you want it.......

vindaloo 13 July 2004 05:09 PM

Try speaking to Callahans or Carringtons(?!?) :freak3: bodyshop in Bourne End.

I dunno if they do wheels per se but they might know a man who can....

J.

Paulo P 13 July 2004 05:11 PM

:cool: I will take it on down there on Thursday. I'm just waiting for a reply from another company I've found too. If not then it's new wheel time or just go back to the standard ones :(

matt85 13 July 2004 06:12 PM

Theres a place near me that will straighten out ANY wheel near enough (and i should know :D), price obviously depends on the size/finish etc of the wheel etc.

They did a wheel for me which which was a standard 15" Peugeot wheel that went in looking like a 50p piece, and was absolutely RUINED, for £60, and it came out looking genuinely brand new. I was honestly gobsmacked at the standard of it. I would imagine there will be a lot of these places about the country, i would just ask to see examples of their work before you part with any £££.

If it is just a simple chunk taken out of the rim i would imagine around £30-£40 would be reasonable.

Brendan Hughes 13 July 2004 06:17 PM

In deference to yoza, you haven't actually said what the wheel was from...

Paulo P 15 July 2004 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
In deference to yoza, you haven't actually said what the wheel was from...

I think Yoza knew it wasn't a push bike wheel :D

Paulo P 15 July 2004 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by matt85
Theres a place near me that will straighten out ANY wheel near enough (and i should know :D), price obviously depends on the size/finish etc of the wheel etc.

They did a wheel for me which which was a standard 15" Peugeot wheel that went in looking like a 50p piece, and was absolutely RUINED, for £60, and it came out looking genuinely brand new. I was honestly gobsmacked at the standard of it. I would imagine there will be a lot of these places about the country, i would just ask to see examples of their work before you part with any £££.

If it is just a simple chunk taken out of the rim i would imagine around £30-£40 would be reasonable.

Hi Matt

Can you give me details of who you used please?