ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Automatic garage door openers, Hants/Surrey area (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/343404-automatic-garage-door-openers-hants-surrey-area.html)

AndyC_772 10 July 2004 11:46 AM

Automatic garage door openers, Hants/Surrey area

Hi

Can anyone please recommend a supplier and installer of automatic garage door openers in the Hants/Surrey area?

Thanks
Andy.

Granby 10 July 2004 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
Hi

Can anyone please recommend a supplier and installer of automatic garage door openers in the Hants/Surrey area?

Thanks
Andy.

Is that a proper automatic garage door opener :) or a (LRC-100) automatic garage door opener :D :D :D

AndyC_772 10 July 2004 02:15 PM

;)

In this case I do actually just mean a motor and linkage that opens my garage door.

Chip 10 July 2004 03:39 PM

Go for a Hormann door. Excellent.

Chip.

Warwick-hunt 10 July 2004 08:17 PM

are these doors safe, i had a quick look into it as a neighbour has one but wondered if i would get some scumbag using something similar to a all in one (tv,vcr,etc) remote, where you can go up and down the frequency until you get the right one,

AndyC_772 10 July 2004 08:34 PM

There's no reason why a radio operated one shouldn't be just as good as your car alarm/immobiliser. Even IR could (and should) operate on a rolling code which isn't the same as that used by TV/video manufacturers.

It'd be far easier and quicker to break down the door with a truck...

rik-1 10 July 2004 10:30 PM

try ASI, they did a perfect job on my garage. They will probably do a special offer if you don't go ahead the first time you enquire.
Phone number is 01622 735781
email is sales@asi.gb.com

DocJock 11 July 2004 12:02 PM

B&Q
£150
Take you an hour max...........

:D

micared 11 July 2004 05:03 PM

Another vote for Hormann....excellent piece of kit.

Nate 14 July 2004 07:53 PM

No, Novoferm 553 kevlar belt operator every day ........ I do loads of these .

Novoferm UK

I have a direct account with them and can vouch for the products they sell.

Something to consider if you are automating your existing door is that it is a retractable garage door and not a canopy (retractable has springs either side on the jambs , Canopy has a long spring above the door on the timber head). If it is a canopy, DON'T use the chamberlain arm adapter ......... It's crap. Either put up with your door manually or get a new retractable.

If you need any further advice, you can contact me on 07786 077329 , 01268 741717 or mail me at nathanmurray@blueyonder.co.uk

Before you ask, yes I do own the garage door company.

Yell.co.uk advert My ad is halfway down named 'Garage doors' .

Hope this helps

Nate.