ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   suggestions for UK 'family' holiday? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/342853-suggestions-for-uk-family-holiday.html)

NeilT 08 July 2004 10:13 AM

suggestions for UK 'family' holiday?

Lookiung to take my family away for a weeks holiday later this year, but need some suggestions of where to go.

Have 3 sons ages 4, 2 and 2 weeks(!), so abroad is out, plus been to Centre Parcs the last 3 years, so dont really want to do that again.

Any suggestions? (and not Butlins / Pontins!)

Neil

imlach 08 July 2004 10:26 AM

www.crieffhydro.co.uk

Great family hotel in the middle of Perthshire, Scotland. You can stay in the hotel, but they also have a lot of self catering lodges which are nicely situated in the woods overlooking the hotel.

Tons of activities to do. Sort of like a classy Centreparks.....

Oh, and they do childcare in the hotel, from about 9am to 9pm, so if you want a quiet dinner with the wife, you can do it without the kids while they spend a few hours & get fed in the childcare area....

Reffro 08 July 2004 10:32 AM

Isles of Scilly are stunning. Lots of great beaches for the kids, everything is a walk away and very safe.

TelBoy 08 July 2004 10:57 AM

NOT Butlins or Havens. :)

Prince Popeye 08 July 2004 11:33 AM

Can't beat Jye and that ponce Nacro's favourite holiday spot- Skeggie. tons of Chavs and Chavettes plus you can eat out at the Chippy alday. :) :idea:

Chip 09 July 2004 09:15 PM

Pembroke or Devon. Lovely parts of the world.

Chip.

carl 09 July 2004 09:25 PM

Does it have to be in the UK? As I've found out before, it can be more expensive holidaying in the UK than going abroad!

logiclee 09 July 2004 10:49 PM

Can't beat a bit of Surf.

For the last 12 years I've been at least once a year to Porth Beach just outside Newquay.
Very friendly family place, close to everything you need but far enough away from the packed beaches and crowds.

www.porthbeach.co.uk

New £26k centraly heated, double glazed van's added this year.
Going to be looking at £600 a week peak season but well worth it.

Cheers
Lee

Turbohot 09 July 2004 10:58 PM

Porthbeach Looks lovely ! Would like to try it .
I will save the link in my favourites.
Cheers!:)

logiclee 09 July 2004 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Porthbeach Looks lovely ! Would like to try it .
I will save the link in my favourites.
Cheers!:)

They have 18 statics on a side road, there is no one behind you or in front and they are well spaced out. The beach is just a short walk across the road.
Newquay nightlife is a 15 minute walk or a short taxi ride.

I've had to cancel my Setempber visit because of my heart attack, although I did get a week earlier this year.

If anyone would like pictures of the site or coastal area drop me an e-mail and I'll mail them to you.
logiclee@ntlworld.com

Cheers
Lee

David Lock 09 July 2004 11:11 PM

An umbrella........

Gower peninsula - as good as Cornwall but without the crowds?

Jolly Green Monster 09 July 2004 11:49 PM

Lake District! :D