ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   quickshift for £35? i'm havin' that:) (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/341260-quickshift-for-35-im-havin-that.html)

hoskib 02 July 2004 05:07 PM

quickshift for £35? i'm havin' that:)

just spent the best £35 i reckon i've spent in a long while:)

quickshift off ebay, got it delivered to my door for £33:D and fitted it today, it's the BOLLOX:D:D

obviously there are better made ones out there (or is this just marketing bollox?) but i'm a well happy chappy! very much shorter throw (based on the shorter MY99 throw aswell) and feels very nice indeed:)

go for the one being sold by bodie197555 as there is another seller flogging these but he's charging £8 P+P for something that cost £2 to send:eek:and you may get it cheaper from the other fella as he starts the biding lower:)

Richard Askew 02 July 2004 05:11 PM

I paid 20 quid for mine from a lad on SIDC :p inc postage :D

hoskib 02 July 2004 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Richard Askew
I paid 20 quid for mine from a lad on SIDC :p inc postage :D

oh, there's always one pi55ing on your fireworks isn't there;):D

i'm just well happy as i was gonna get a B+M one for £150 odd :)

Richard Askew 02 July 2004 05:22 PM

yeah, I'd thought about that one too - couldnt justify the expense of a B&M though :)

Ninnybobs 02 July 2004 07:47 PM

Got mine off ebay aswell. Came with a STI Gearknob which I sold for a tenner.

Net cost to me 19.95

Bargain

Martin

Danbo 03 July 2004 06:00 PM

Hmmmmmmm, may have to invest in one of these then!! :)

Bee 03 July 2004 08:32 PM

Yup can recommend them from ebay, got mine there too. Well chuffed with the throw, or lack of. ;)

- Bee

dannytwo 03 July 2004 10:30 PM

im selling mine for £30 if anyones interested:)

Ayde 03 July 2004 10:31 PM

Have a look on Ebay and do a worldwide search - about £9 from the US but the shipping is a bit expensive so it cancels out the saving,I think it would be best to go for one of the £35 UK supplied ones:)
Earth/Ground mods from the US on there at the moment for £2.67 Buy it now in US but they are after $45 shipping:(

pele 04 July 2004 01:12 AM

Just got mine for £25.50 all in from America on Ebay :D The earthing mod still only works out at just over £26 tho - they are much more expensive over here :)

hoskib 04 July 2004 09:57 AM

seems i should have done a bit of asking around to find the cheapest price before buying mine:rolleyes: oh well, still happy with it and the saving over a B&M etc:thumb:

at least this might give people a cheaper option if they're in the market for one:p

pele 04 July 2004 11:35 AM

You still got it for a good price - the cheapest I could find over here was £85....I would have been happy to pay what you did, I just happened to bid at the right time ;) just going to have a bid on the earthing kit :D and I just got an alloy oil cap for £7 including p&p too - trouble is it gets a bit addictive doesn't it :D

hoskib 04 July 2004 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by pele
You still got it for a good price - the cheapest I could find over here was £85....I would have been happy to pay what you did, I just happened to bid at the right time ;) just going to have a bid on the earthing kit :D and I just got an alloy oil cap for £7 including p&p too - trouble is it gets a bit addictive doesn't it :D

what's more addictive? ebay or modding?;):D

any chance you could post up the item description for the earthing kit on ebay so i could look for one?

ta

pele 04 July 2004 01:01 PM

Both I think ;) I just think I've finished adding bits then I see something else I just must have :D
Type in 'subaru ground' and they will all come up :D They are all different prices & colours...still waiting for a reply on the postage cost :rolleyes:

hoskib 04 July 2004 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by pele
Both I think ;) I just think I've finished adding bits then I see something else I just must have :D
Type in 'subaru ground' and they will all come up :D They are all different prices & colours...still waiting for a reply on the postage cost :rolleyes:

cheers:thumb:

maybe post up or PM me with a final price if you get a chance once you've bought it to give me an idea of what to bid?

pele 04 July 2004 02:15 PM

Will do - although I won't expect a reply until later on tonight on the postage costs... :D