ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Greece in the FINAL (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/341035-greece-in-the-final.html)

Fulham71 01 July 2004 09:57 PM

Greece in the FINAL

How funny is that
I really thought that Czech's were the best team in it
Very suprised Greece are there !!!!

P1Fanatic 01 July 2004 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Fulham71
How funny is that
I really thought that Czech's were the best team in it
Very suprised Greece are there !!!!

All credit to them - not the most exciting to watch though. If only England could defend like that and play with such commitment.

Czechs were unlucky as definetly the most inventive. Koller's miss was a let off.

Simon.

gsm1 01 July 2004 10:23 PM

The opening game was Greece and Portugal and so will the final one be!
I'm happy for the Greeks but I wasn't fussed who won. I'm in North London where we have a big Greek community, it's car horns all around the place!

what would scooby do 01 July 2004 10:34 PM

Well done to the Greeks, they are a better team than England now !

ScoobyDoo69 01 July 2004 10:36 PM

well said that man!! ^^^

Suhail 01 July 2004 10:36 PM

Congratulation to all my Greek brothers, well played, good tactics have seen you through to the final and may the best team win in the end.

carl 01 July 2004 10:37 PM

GO ΈΛΛΑΣ!

Jay m A 02 July 2004 09:36 AM

I wager a few more plates were smashed last night :D

I'll be cheering on Greece on Sunday :D :D

XT 02 July 2004 10:37 AM

I'm in Greece at the moment(visiting my parents). The celebrations were UNREAL yestrday night. You could hear car horns till 5am, people driving in reverce on the high streets etc etc :D

Something for my fellow Greeks ;)
Φερτε Μου...Το Γαμημενο, Δεν μπορω, δεν μπορω να περιμενω!!!!!

ozzy 02 July 2004 11:10 AM

I'm absolutely gutted. To lose in the dying seconds was a complete stomach churner :(

All credit to the Greeks, we didn't take our chances and they punished us. I can't believe they left Koller on the park. He did feck all through the whole game and missed that complete sitter. He should have been off and Heinz on - the one time they never used their subs to any effect out of the whole tournament.

Good luck to the Greeks in the final.

Stefan

Delboy2 02 July 2004 12:24 PM

I can't believe they left Koller on the park
He didn't do much up front but his height is a massive advantage for defensive duties which he was always there for. The biggest blow was losing Pavel Nedved so early in the game :(
Just hope the Greeks (Giant Killers) do their stuff on Sunday now ;)

Cheers

ozzy 02 July 2004 02:24 PM

I agree Koller has a height advantage, but that means nothing unless he can actually win the ball, keep hold of it or cause their defense problems. He didn't do any of that and should have been sub'ed. Other than his height, he has nothing going for him IMHO. I could've done a better job than that big numpty; at least I'd have hit the target with that chance.

Stefan
P.S. I'm still gutted :(

chrisgr 02 July 2004 03:35 PM

come on HELLAS
ΑΝΤΕ ΕΛΛΑΔΑΡΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑ