ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Karting night/day.. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/340871-karting-night-day.html)

kart_man 01 July 2004 01:19 PM

Karting night/day..

It's been a while since the last scooby karting event, so I was thinking of organising one down at Raceland.
There are various formats available, so kinda gauging interest at this stage to see what would suit best. The options are :

- Indoor GP : Needs at least 20 individuals - £35 each.
- Outdoor Individual GP : Needs at least 20 individuals - £45 (weekday) or £47.50 (weekend) each.
- Outdoor 1.5 hour Team Endurance : Needs 4 teams (weekdays) or 6 teams (weekends) @£160/team (up to 4 per team).

There are other possibilities, and I'll explore these if there's enough interest shown. Really just wanting a rough show of hands, then I'll check out dates and take it from there.

So - anyone up for a scoobynet karting event ? If so, let me know which format you'd prefer, and whether a week night or weekend would suit best (week nights are slightly cheaper and generally have better availability)

:)
p.s. Not wanting to stand on sidc toes, so if there's something already in the pipeline let me know!

eClaire 01 July 2004 01:30 PM

Me me me :D

wrxmania 01 July 2004 01:46 PM

Maybe's aye maybe's no.

Yes me if the date is right etc.

Weekday night best for me Dave,

Brian.

stiks 01 July 2004 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by kart_man
It's been a while since the last scooby karting event, so I was thinking of organising one down at Raceland.
There are various formats available, so kinda gauging interest at this stage to see what would suit best. The options are :

- Indoor GP : Needs at least 20 individuals - £35 each.
- Outdoor Individual GP : Needs at least 20 individuals - £45 (weekday) or £47.50 (weekend) each.
- Outdoor 1.5 hour Team Endurance : Needs 4 teams (weekdays) or 6 teams (weekends) @£160/team (up to 4 per team).

There are other possibilities, and I'll explore these if there's enough interest shown. Really just wanting a rough show of hands, then I'll check out dates and take it from there.

So - anyone up for a scoobynet karting event ? If so, let me know which format you'd prefer, and whether a week night or weekend would suit best (week nights are slightly cheaper and generally have better availability)

p.s. Not wanting to stand on sidc toes, so if there's something already in the pipeline let me know!

Weekday outdoor... with weight penalties for anyone under 16 stone :D :p

my94 01 July 2004 01:55 PM

- Indoor GP : Needs at least 20 individuals - £35 each.(weeknights)
I'd be up for this.....been ages since I was at Raceland,does Tom still own it?

Johnny50 01 July 2004 01:57 PM

He sure does..and rumour has it that he's got a WR1 en route. ;)

kart_man 01 July 2004 02:07 PM

Yep, WR1 arrives mid July... The pull of the dark side failed again :D

kart_man 01 July 2004 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by eClaire

How did I know you were going to say that ;)

Johnny50 01 July 2004 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by eClaire

Claire..
We're gonna be mighty pi$$ed off if we find out that you're some sort of Karting champ !! :D

sti-04!! 01 July 2004 02:51 PM

am up for it

Bee 01 July 2004 04:09 PM

I'll be up for this...Kartman were you there that weekend past competing in the endurance race? Seen a skyline with plate that looked familiar..

- Bee

JohnS 01 July 2004 04:16 PM

Dave,

we are indeed planning an event, though haven't made any firm plans yet. Was going to arrange our usual 2 hour endurance event outside in teams of 4, and was looking for a Friday evening (or weekend slot) towards the end of August. Was going to book it up some time next week, and then announce it to the world for people to get teams together etc.

It would be the usual format of penalties based on past results, and average driver weight to keep things close to the end of the race. The last few races have gone down to the wire, with only a lap between the first 3 or 4 teams :0

Cheers

John

kart_man 01 July 2004 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bee
I'll be up for this...Kartman were you there that weekend past competing in the endurance race? Seen a skyline with plate that looked familiar..

- Bee

Yep, that was me. Was sitting in second till our first change then we had all kinds of kart problems and lost 5 mins while they bolted the clutch back on!! :-( Ended up 6th or 7th I think ! What were you driving ??

Bee 01 July 2004 06:03 PM

I was driving the red classic parked just outside the porta cabin..me and 5 other mates just put a team in for some fun but fek me did we learn a lesson! Think it was team Xtreme? The rain came on but no difference in that dudes racing, ace to watch...think we need more practice though! lol

Still, its not the winning etc...:rolleyes:

- Bee

kart_man 01 July 2004 06:07 PM

Your car sounded sweeeet bud! Reminded me I really need to fit the H&S to my scoob soon! It's WAY too quiet just now :D

Still, its not the winning etc...
lol - yeah right!! :rolleyes:

kart_man 01 July 2004 06:08 PM

p.s. It looked pretty good too, although I could barely see it though the sheets of rain !!
I was the ar5e outside on the grassy bank religiously reporting times to my team mates on the track :confused: I hope they appreciated it - I was soaked !!

Really enjoyed it though - wet races are always a laugh!

Scooby Dooby Blue 01 July 2004 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by kart_man

John does an exceedingly good job at organising these event.
I'm sure the offer of assistance in the organisation would be gratefully received though as he's mighty busy!

Paul

Dougster 01 July 2004 08:20 PM

I will be up for anything!!

Team kart-man?? ;) :D

sti-spec-a 01 July 2004 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by stiks
Weekday outdoor... with weight penalties for anyone under 16 stone :D :p

And a slap up meal for people under 10stone i.e ME

Grant

stiks 01 July 2004 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by sti-spec-a
And a slap up meal for people under 10stone i.e ME

Grant

No.... three bowls of porridge to slow you down, like they do with the whippets :p :

either that or give me caterham cart :D :D

Keith

wrxmania 01 July 2004 09:34 PM

Caterham or a leg of ham?!

Bee 01 July 2004 10:37 PM

lol Kartman, I thought that at the time....'God the dudes with the time sheets are well hardcore! Even sittin in the horizontal rain'

Real good laugh though.

- Bee

weeb 02 July 2004 08:26 AM

yeah am up for a bit of karting :D

kart_man 02 July 2004 01:42 PM

KARTING

Originally Posted by Scooby Dooby Blue
John does an exceedingly good job at organising these event.
I'm sure the offer of assistance in the organisation would be gratefully received though as he's mighty busy!

Paul

Indeed he does! Bearing in mind the SIDC one will be outdoors, lets try and get an indoor one together and I'll take it on!

During the week seems to be getting quite a few votes, so how about....

July 29th (thurs) or July 30th (fri)

It's pretty short notice so I'll need deposits pretty quickly if there is enough interest, but I'm trying not to clash with the SIDC event in August.
So who's up for this ? Please post interest and prefered day below. If you can do both days but prefer one - say so to give me some flexibility.

Cost will be £35

Full event description from the raceland website :

Each driver will compete in a practice session followed by 4 heats and a semi-final, with the top drivers going through into a Grand Final, racing for a podium finish with prizes for the top drivers. The event should last 2 - 4 hours depending on group size.
On arrival you will sign on and pick up your top quality CIK approved racewear, helmets and gloves. You will then attend a full safety briefing, covering racing techniques, driver safety, and track procedures. The latest high tech computerised lap timing, relays race information via track side monitors, and keeps you informed of your fastest laps and leaderboard positions.

Spooks 02 July 2004 01:51 PM

OK then
1. Kartman
2. Spooks ( Either night but would prefer the Friday)

Do we have a Miss Daisy Prize.................. would be nice to win Sommit ;)
Spooks

kart_man 02 July 2004 03:34 PM

Looks like you're up for a 2nd plate mate !!
;)
Maybe I should start a new thread.

my94 02 July 2004 04:00 PM

1. Kartman
2. Spooks ( Either night but would prefer the Friday)
3.my94(July 29th (thurs) only.....)

Bee 02 July 2004 04:20 PM

1. Kartman
2. Spooks (Either night but would prefer the Friday)
3. my94 (July 29th (thurs) only.....)
4. Bee (Either night but would prefer the Friday)

wrxmania 02 July 2004 05:05 PM

Sorry Dave,

I'm away on me holidays then.

Next time,

Brian.

kart_man 02 July 2004 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dougster
I will be up for anything!!

Team kart-man?? ;) :D

:D

First team already forming for the SIDC event !