ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   For those who travel on the A77............................................... ... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/340408-for-those-who-travel-on-the-a77.html)

GordonShek 29 June 2004 10:57 PM

For those who travel on the A77............................................... ...

BEWARE!

Heard on the radio today that there were 5 unmarked traffic cars on the A77 after locals complained that drivers weren't sticking to the speed limit at the road works. Passed it earlier on but no sign of them :rolleyes: Maybe I'm just lucky :D:D:D:D

My question is this:

What locals? It's in the middle of no-where! Fenwick locals maybe?

Falkirk.scoob 29 June 2004 11:06 PM

haha good point mate, 5 is a bit ott tho init? aslong as tonys coffers are gettin filled thats the main thing

allywrx 30 June 2004 01:19 AM

I was behind the blue 5 series heading southbound about 08:20 yesterday morning on way home from nightshift. :eek: Have also noticed the marked Mercs out in force.
Will keep my eyes peeled on the way home (not that I have anything to worry about :D )

Subarstar 30 June 2004 01:14 PM

As long as they stay on the main roads, I'll stick to the twisties thanks very much!

moses 30 June 2004 01:43 PM

i saw one yesterday a blue new clk mate :) very bad

wrxmania 30 June 2004 04:04 PM

Yeah.

Blue 5 Series BMW - W plate - has a sign in the back window saying "POLICE" that lights up when naughty people are behind it! :(

Moral is - stick to the speed limit (40 :( ) and you'll have no probs.

Brian :D

fat tom 30 June 2004 04:25 PM

oh the big blue one will be the one that got me a few months ago...

followed me from whitlets roundabout... (15 miles).....

pants..

ozzy 30 June 2004 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by allywrx
Will keep my eyes peeled on the way home (not that I have anything to worry about :D )

Unfortunately, the occasionally sit on some of the faster twisty roads. Nearly came a cropper on the road down to Galston and the Stewarton road from Newton Mearns.

Stefan

GordonShek 30 June 2004 06:28 PM

Aye, and watch out for the black merc as well!

allywrx 30 June 2004 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by GordonShek
Aye, and watch out for the black merc as well!

That'll be the one that busted me 2 days before Christmas :o
Was doing 67mph on the M77 in the 50 section. My own fault though, never spotted em :rolleyes:

Big C 01 July 2004 12:30 PM

OMG!!
:eek: :eek:
I had a bit of spirited run down there yesterday to take my car to S&S, closely followed by a green classic.
We were having a bit of play (as you do) and hit some good speeds.

Glad I never encountered any of these unmarked, as I would be in Barlinnie typing this.

Silly boy :o

C

fat tom 01 July 2004 01:44 PM

having a 'play' on the 77....

can't say thats a good idea..... seems like theres a fatal crash every week in the Ayrshire post on that one....

there I'll be mum..... :-)

Aly Mac 01 July 2004 11:05 PM

i travel this road daily as do a lot of people im sure, but i can be on it sometimes three/ four times a day delivering in my van and i see the feckers just about everytime im on it, one of their favourite haunts is the fenwick hotel, where they can sit just back a little, and of course by the time you see them its too late, i also see them regularly sitting at the very top of the on sliproad at the grassyards road interchange, the first one after you come out the roadworks southbound, maybe all useless info but if it helps one scooby driver at least thats a bonus ;) ;) ,cheers folks

allywrx 01 July 2004 11:43 PM

They also like to sit at the Dutch House (BP garage) roundabout and the Sandyford Toll roundabout....sneakey feckers :p