ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   **Beware - Edinburgh Scooby Owners** (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/340224-beware-edinburgh-scooby-owners.html)

Big AlT 29 June 2004 12:40 PM

**Beware - Edinburgh Scooby Owners**

At the weekend a very worrying incident to a friend in Edinburgh.
No specific names, locations etc because of the nature of the incident.
Car was lying, doors wide open @ 4.30 am at the bottom of the driveway, set of identical Subaru keys/alarm key (with identical code!!!!) stuck in the ignition along with a famous dealers keyring attached!!!
They had rolled the car down the drive on to the street as not to wake anyone, set the immobiliser off with the movement and subsequently had to use their keys to try and locate the immob under the dash, bending the key in the process. Luckily for the owner the now bent key didn't work and they left soon afterwards. The key was taken out and straightened, and guess what, works exactly the same as original, as does alarm key.
Just thought I'd let you guys know, BTW he has a bugeye.
Quite worrying I'm sure you will agree.

Johnny50 29 June 2004 12:54 PM

:eek:
A wee bit worrying to say the least !

Mine is a 98, so didn't come with factory alarm/immobiliser...thank goodness.

sti-04!! 29 June 2004 12:58 PM

not in edinburgh, but very worrying ?

can you tell us the name fo the dealer that the keyring came from ?? or PM me

kart_man 29 June 2004 02:50 PM

ozzy 29 June 2004 03:03 PM

I assume you're m8's informed the rozzers about the re-programmed key. Hope it's not the same Dealer I use out in the East.

Stefan

kart_man 29 June 2004 05:04 PM

Do you know where he got the car serviced ?? PM me if you don't want to disclose on here please.

YELLOW TYPE R 29 June 2004 09:23 PM

dirty low down rats i also stay in edinburgh 2 scoobs that i know have had parts stolen, I have security up 2 the max u can never be sure what the next dark street brings.

sti-04!! 29 June 2004 09:49 PM

you would be suprised !!

I think there is a little rat working at one of our fav dealers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Big AlT 30 June 2004 02:36 PM

Kartman YHPM

west lothian scooby 30 June 2004 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Big AlT
At the weekend a very worrying incident to a friend in Edinburgh.
No specific names, locations etc because of the nature of the incident.
Car was lying, doors wide open @ 4.30 am at the bottom of the driveway, set of identical Subaru keys/alarm key (with identical code!!!!) stuck in the ignition along with a famous dealers keyring attached!!!
They had rolled the car down the drive on to the street as not to wake anyone, set the immobiliser off with the movement and subsequently had to use their keys to try and locate the immob under the dash, bending the key in the process. Luckily for the owner the now bent key didn't work and they left soon afterwards. The key was taken out and straightened, and guess what, works exactly the same as original, as does alarm key.
Just thought I'd let you guys know, BTW he has a bugeye.
Quite worrying I'm sure you will agree.

YHPM!!!

stevie