ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Warrington Walton Arms Meet! (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/340055-warrington-walton-arms-meet.html)

julian N/W wrx my93 03 July 2004 09:19 PM

so is it thurs or wed?

ta la!

Ru$$Rip 03 July 2004 09:56 PM

thursday it is! question is doe we have it the 8th or 15th. The 8th Zippy cant make it...................

julian N/W wrx my93 03 July 2004 10:03 PM

up to you, but we told peeps at our st.helens meet that it's next week sometime!

*Sonic* 03 July 2004 10:37 PM

and wednesday is the Wiggan Tree, for those that go :)

julian N/W wrx my93 03 July 2004 10:47 PM

your not wrong old boy.....

NotoriousREV 04 July 2004 12:37 AM

Sounds like the 15th would be better then?

Ru$$Rip 04 July 2004 07:53 AM

15th it is!! Should have Palatine and Zippy. Spread the word , lets have a good turnout. :D

minor_threat 04 July 2004 11:51 AM

Oh god, after the Micklehead Green expedition dare I even ask for directions to the Walton Arms?! LOL! Does anybody know the postcode of the pub? We might be there, depends how much time we need to recover from our holiday. :ponder2:

BlueBoy 04 July 2004 12:17 PM

Not directions again :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Easy to get to this one though, just follow the random path of violence through to the heart of Walton and your bound to pick up the trail to the pub ;) :D:D

John WRX 04 July 2004 04:41 PM

looking good for the 15th :D

NotoriousREV 04 July 2004 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by BlueBoy
Not directions again :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Easy to get to this one though, just follow the random path of violence through to the heart of Walton and your bound to pick up the trail to the pub ;) :D:D

You're not thinking of Walton in Liverpool are you? :confused:

Pub postcode is WA4 6TG ;)

vulnax999 04 July 2004 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
You're not thinking of Walton in Liverpool are you? :confused:

Pub postcode is WA4 6TG ;)

In Warrington!! :hjtwofing
<hmm the smilies have changed?>

NotoriousREV 04 July 2004 08:54 PM

I know it's in Warrington, but BlueBoys comments about violence made me think he was thinking Liverpool ;)

minor_threat 05 July 2004 03:12 PM

So, do I need to go via Liverpool?! :cuckoo: (Only joking!)

Thanks for the postcode notorious one, I'll work out a route on the AA website and trust you're sending us to the pub and not some brothel. :p

Also, would appreciate it if somebody there could have a look at my induction kit and tell me how crud it looks. ie: previous (Blue Peter) owner and former genius fitted it with duct tape, I need somebody to have a quick peek and tell me a) how gay it looks and b) how long it's going to last in its current state and c) how likely it is to be screwing my MAF sensor up!

:D

Buzzer 05 July 2004 05:40 PM

a) Very

b) About 5 mins

c) Very

I shall get to this one :)

Hopefully ;)

*Sonic* 05 July 2004 07:07 PM

minor threat, what year is your car ?

minor_threat 05 July 2004 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by *Sonic*
minor threat, what year is your car ?

MY00 Sonic. It idles fine, runs fine, but I'm weary of the wimpy MAF on this car. The K&N induction kit has two pipes, with a gap of a few mm joined in the middle with duct tape. I'm not entirely convinced this will be airtight and it's probably not doing much to improve airflow!

minor_threat 05 July 2004 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzer
a) Very

b) About 5 mins

c) Very

I shall get to this one :)

Hopefully ;)

PMSL! Congrats on winning the SS Backbox!:D Maybe this one will be more quiet than the other . . . can't help smiling at the irony here Buzzer, sorry!

NotoriousREV 05 July 2004 09:37 PM

minor threat, IMHO (based entirely on things I've heard from people on here and not any real experience ;) ) is that you should ditch the induction kit and use the standard airbox with an uprated STi panel filter, apparently flows enough for ~350bhp

scoobess 05 July 2004 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
minor threat, IMHO (based entirely on things I've heard from people on here and not any real experience ;) ) is that you should ditch the induction kit and use the standard airbox with an uprated STi panel filter, apparently flows enough for ~350bhp

That sums up everything I've read as well! I don't have the standard airbox though (the car was bought with the induction kit in place) but my plan will be to get rid of the induction kit and put an STi panel filter in (seen a few group buys on these!). I'll have to put up with the K&N kit for now but I want to make sure it's been fitted properly and my MAF isn't being tortured too much. (Sorry, scoobess is still logged in but has run off to make some angel delight. LOL!! Hence the reply from her account. :D)

NotoriousREV 05 July 2004 10:05 PM

ooh, angel delight, not had that in yonks!

Buzzer 05 July 2004 10:26 PM

:D

scoobess 05 July 2004 10:32 PM

:D ALL GONE

*Sonic* 06 July 2004 12:23 AM

Ahh its a MY00, so i could bring my Delta Dash software and see what its doing :)

But yes I would ditch the induction kit, and get either an Sti panel filter, or a Green Cotton Filter

Steve

vulnax999 06 July 2004 12:27 AM

Ahh its a MY00, so i could bring my Delta Dash software and see what its doing :)

But yes I would ditch the induction kit, and get either an Sti panel filter, or a Green Cotton Filter

Steve

And an airbox! :freak3:

scoobess 06 July 2004 12:31 AM

Steve

Steve, that would be fantastic if you could!! We're driving to Germany in September so I'd like to make sure the car's okay and if there are any problems get it sorted before then. We'll be at the Warrington (Walton Arms) meet, but I'll PM you when we get back from Barcelona to confirm.

Really appreciate your help/advice,

Jason (minor_threat) :D

scoobess 06 July 2004 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by vulnax999
And an airbox! :freak3:

LOL! I was thinking of doing what the previous owner did and make my own Blue Peter panel filter kit with ingenious use of duct tape. Only joking. :D

*Sonic* 06 July 2004 12:35 AM

No probs, will just need you to take the car for a quick spin up the bypass and back :)

SAINT 06 July 2004 05:41 AM

i have a k & n kit for a my 99 in garage that i am not using.do you want me to bring this to the meet?.

Graeme

minor_threat 06 July 2004 09:50 AM

No probs, will just need you to take the car for a quick spin up the bypass and back :)

Cool. You can borrow the spare crash helmet. :D