ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   New smoker (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/339320-new-smoker.html)

The_Gza 25 June 2004 11:52 PM

New smoker

Thought I'd share some pics of the new smoker ;):)

Apart from tonight it's been raining since I picked it up so haven't been able to do any real 'testing' yet ;) I can confirm that black isn't great for keeping clean, and that traction in the wet on the standard Bridgestones ain't too hot!

https://img29.photobucket.com/albums...e_Gza/CTR2.jpg
https://img29.photobucket.com/albums...e_Gza/CTR1.jpg
https://img29.photobucket.com/albums...e_Gza/CTR3.jpg

Got a few mods planned for it - just don't tell the wife ;):D

I'd also like to add a big thanks to Spooks for the advice and help he gave me with the old car - cheers neebs :)

New To Scoob 30 June 2004 08:34 AM

Very nice wee man :cool: :D black is the colour only downside is keeping the bu66er clean.

Nice camper van in the background of piccy 3 :D

John.

Boyakasha 30 June 2004 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by The_Gza
Apart from tonight it's been raining since I picked it up so haven't been able to do any real 'testing' yet ;) I can confirm that black isn't great for keeping clean, and that traction in the wet on the standard Bridgestones ain't too hot!

Traction is not a word that existes for the CTR in the wet, got feed up with mine and went back to 4WD. Apart from that the CTR is a fantastic car, just a shame our climate wasn't a bit more sunny :D

The_Gza 30 June 2004 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by New To Scoob
Very nice wee man :cool: :D black is the colour only downside is keeping the bu66er clean.

Nice camper van in the background of piccy 3 :D

John.

Aye - my jetwash is gonna take a pounding :p

lol - never even noticed the camper van when I was there :D Too excited about getting the new motor! Just think, keep going the way you are and you'll be needing a camper van in a few years time :D:D:D

Originally Posted by Boyakasha
Traction is not a word that existes for the CTR in the wet, got feed up with mine and went back to 4WD. Apart from that the CTR is a fantastic car, just a shame our climate wasn't a bit more sunny :D

Aye - it's a bit hairy in the wet when it comes on cam. Used to it with the Cup right enough so didn't come as a massive surprise! You do feel a bit of a diddy when it wheelspins away from a junction if you give it just a little to much wellie boot though :o

talizman 30 June 2004 12:11 PM

Looks great Chris :D

I picked mine up on Monday too, although its not as nice as yours. :)

clicky

ozzy 30 June 2004 12:18 PM

Can you drive any of those two with that dodgy shoulder of yours?

New To Scoob 30 June 2004 12:20 PM

Just think, keep going the way you are and you'll be needing a camper van in a few years time :D:D:D
Cheeky begger :p

Aye - it's a bit hairy in the wet when it comes on cam. Used to it with the Cup right enough so didn't come as a massive surprise! You do feel a bit of a diddy when it wheelspins away from a junction if you give it just a little to much wellie boot though :o
Easy peasy wee man, you should have tried and got the 309 off the line in the wet, easy easy oooppps 3000rpm booostt wheelspin :rolleyes: evenworse when you were tring to exit a roundabout.

John.

talizman 30 June 2004 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by ozzy
Can you drive any of those two with that dodgy shoulder of yours?

I just gaze at them whilst imagining what it'd be like to drive them! :D

The_Gza 30 June 2004 12:55 PM

Thanks John - now you'll just need to try and keep it standard ;)

Jock - you should have gone for the Fully Monty - or the "Mike Goff" as it was also known ;):D - if it was traction you were worried about! :D

talizman 30 June 2004 01:47 PM

Chris, how would you compare it to the Cup?

I find the CTR quite lethargic in comparison, and it seriously lacks the "urgency" of the Cup's acceleration.

It almost feels like a turbocharged car off boost, if that makes sense?

It gets a bit better in the VTEC zone, but still not as rapid as the Clio IMO.

A nicer car to drive though with miles better interior and love the gearchange.

:)

New To Scoob 30 June 2004 03:07 PM

Mmmm standard............ nahhhh looking at a few things the now ;)
Just about forgot about Mike's, jeez that thing was quick, I think his wee bro has it now, or thats what I heard last time. Miss the 309 at times, I should have kept that car and tracked it considering what I sold it for :rolleyes: then it got burnt out :mad: :(
Anyway it was fun peeing off the Mi brigade :D

John.

The_Gza 30 June 2004 04:20 PM

John - find it quite different to the Cup as well. As you say, the Cup beats it hands down for instant acceleration. I find the CTR quicker once you're doing over 80 though - especially if you keep it in a lower gear. Handling wise, it feels more detached and the back end twitchier but I suppose I was spoiled with the Cup. Gearchange is fantastic and having the gearstick there becomes almost second nature.

Interior is nice, but I don't think the quality of the plastics is any better. You can also feel the wiper motor moving the wipers if you've got your feet on the pedals :eek:

Overall, I like it, but no way is a brand new one worth £5-6k more than a Cup or 182. If it wasn't for the truly appalling service from Renault :mad:, I think I'd have given serious consideration to a Yellow 182 in preference to the CTR.

Dougster 30 June 2004 07:41 PM

Have you seen the CTR in this months Jap Perf?

mmmmm lsd!! Just what the CTR lacks.

Civic Type R 30 June 2004 07:46 PM

wheest ya track shy hermit !

Originally Posted by Boyakasha

My CTR whipped your arse at Afford though :D !!!!!!!!!!!! Damp track + 4WD + Marc = erse like a Japanese sunrise :D

Civic Type R 30 June 2004 07:51 PM

Having driven my old mans Cup I love em' both :)............any wann lend me £3k for Jackson Racing SuperCharger & Hondata ECU for 10, 000 rpm limiter :)

I think the 182 looks pish though - canny bide the alloys. 172 Cup looks mean ;)

The_Gza 01 July 2004 12:15 AM

182 alloys are fairly rank :(

182 dumped on its arse with a nice set of OZ SuperL's = artex the ceiling time :D

Was aboot a baw hair away from buying this too:

https://img29.photobucket.com/albums...700My_Baby.jpg

Pug number four may still be on the cards tho ;)

Boyakasha 01 July 2004 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Civic Type R
My CTR whipped your arse at Afford though :D !!!!!!!!!!!! Damp track + 4WD + Marc = erse like a Japanese sunrise :D

Dream on boy, I just like to preserve my car a little more than you :p

john banks 01 July 2004 10:20 AM

How does the grip and handling compare to the 323Ci?