ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   fotty (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/338942-fotty.html)

nicku72 24 June 2004 09:40 PM

fotty

Swiss refs suck!!!! what do you think

chris's scooby 24 June 2004 09:46 PM

Can't disagree. Guess he wants to get out of the country safely!

jjones 24 June 2004 09:46 PM

perfectly good goal. even the lino was happy.

stevebt 24 June 2004 10:05 PM

fecking richard branson lookalike :( it was our game easy

chris's scooby 24 June 2004 10:35 PM

Thats the end of that then, that idiot shouldn't be aloud to ref any more games.

andypugh2000 24 June 2004 10:37 PM

Glad its all over TBH, not sure how much more en-ga-land i could take from the chav population.

Butty 24 June 2004 10:40 PM

Your avoiding the truth that we were pi$$ poor and looked knackered.
Our defence was shown up to be as bad as it has been all through the tournament and for a change wasn't balanced out by anything up front apart from an opportunistic goal.
I think we got what we deserved.
Its about time we had a team that could last through a major tournament.

Miniman 24 June 2004 10:40 PM

We was robbed

They did play better, but a goals a goal, and that certainly was a goal.

fliptron 24 June 2004 10:45 PM

ref

the referees a wanker, the referees a wanker,

nothing wrong with that goal, that game was ours, we didnt play well but we deserved to go through goz we scored at the end. ****ing ref wanker

chris's scooby 24 June 2004 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Butty
Our defence was shown up to be as bad as it has been all through the tournament and for a change wasn't balanced out by anything up front apart from an opportunistic goal.

Or just for 90 minutes at a time...

chris's scooby 24 June 2004 10:46 PM

BUT that WAS a goal.

corradoboy 24 June 2004 10:46 PM

Redkop will be along any second to move this :rolleyes:

nicku72 24 June 2004 10:52 PM

Bad result the game was ours...........

cheddar bob 24 June 2004 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Butty

Yep we didn't deserve to win, the second half was diabolical, Rooney's injury was very unfortunate so early and then we had to make an early sub but Heskey would have been better than Vassell, you can see it written on the wall whenever teams go 1-0 up then sit deeper and deeper and defend the rest of the game, once the opposition scores (which 9 times out of 10 they do) thats it fcuked as then you're not geared up to attack, make chances and get goals. I think we were better against France and were very unlucky but even then we still played to defend the 1-0 lead in that game.

If the players were so tired why not use some of the rest of the squad!? surely thats why you have a squad of your countries best 23 players. Beckham has been very disappointing (****) along with Owen too, hell i'd have rather seen Heskey play up front. Gerrard & Scholes looked knackered what's wrong with Bridge/Cole/Dyer/Hargreaves on the left from the start? Or Dyer/Hargreaves instead of dozy Beckham or Cole/Dyer in for Scholes? Could have kept them on the bench for later on if needed then.

We could have done with Alan Shearer out there, he'd have shown Beckham what being a captain's all about....

chris's scooby 24 June 2004 11:00 PM

If someone paid me 50 grand a week i'd make bloody sure i was fit enough to run round for 90 minutes every couple of days.

lpski1 25 June 2004 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by cheddar bob
Yep we didn't deserve to win, the second half was diabolical, Rooney's injury was very unfortunate so early and then we had to make an early sub but Heskey would have been better than Vassell, you can see it written on the wall whenever teams go 1-0 up then sit deeper and deeper and defend the rest of the game, once the opposition scores (which 9 times out of 10 they do) thats it fcuked as then you're not geared up to attack, make chances and get goals. I think we were better against France and were very unlucky but even then we still played to defend the 1-0 lead in that game.

If the players were so tired why not use some of the rest of the squad!? surely thats why you have a squad of your countries best 23 players. Beckham has been very disappointing (****) along with Owen too, hell i'd have rather seen Heskey play up front. Gerrard & Scholes looked knackered what's wrong with Bridge/Cole/Dyer/Hargreaves on the left from the start? Or Dyer/Hargreaves instead of dozy Beckham or Cole/Dyer in for Scholes? Could have kept them on the bench for later on if needed then.

We could have done with Alan Shearer out there, he'd have shown Beckham what being a captain's all about....

*claps hands* i couldnt agree more. well said CB :) yep it was a goal, but its down to the ref, so what more can you do. :( even though the pen spot was a little dodge, it didnt seem to bother the Portugese, even the kin goalie scored :rolleyes: lol So we are out, the world hasnt ended, and its actually a nice day out. :) so who do we think will win then. ?

chris's scooby 26 June 2004 02:09 PM

http://money.msn.co.uk/mymoney/news/108305/default.asp