ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Beemer 320 CI (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/338897-beemer-320-ci.html)

Thomohawk 24 June 2004 07:19 PM

Beemer 320 CI

WTF...!?!?!? :eek:

Just chased one of these up the Maybury Road, and would say I only just had the edge ('03 wae PPP)

I take it these are pretty quick then?

RS Grant 24 June 2004 08:07 PM

IIRC... 2.2 6cyl engines, maybe 150/170bhp??

Dont think that they are that pokey, and wouldnt have thought you would have had a problem in a MY03 PPP mate... :eek:

Cheers,
Grant

sti-04!! 24 June 2004 08:21 PM

if it was a 330ci then maybe but defo not a 320, i'd get your scoob checked or better still give me a quick look at it & i will tell you if its ok or not;)

Thomohawk 24 June 2004 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
if it was a 330ci then maybe but defo not a 320, i'd get your scoob checked or better still give me a quick look at it & i will tell you if its ok or not;)

Mmm, only got a glance at the badge... could have been a 330.

YELLOW TYPE R 24 June 2004 08:50 PM

something wrong big time there man,u should destroy 1 of them i would go as far to say id take on an M3(and still win)

sti-04!! 24 June 2004 09:13 PM

av took on an M3 & it was fun ............................. did i tell you it was mines as well

:D:D:D:D

Thomohawk 25 June 2004 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by YELLOW TYPE R
something wrong big time there man,u should destroy 1 of them i would go as far to say id take on an M3(and still win)

Yeah, that's what I thought!!

Right that's it, Friday night plans out the window - I'm off to hunt down an M3!! ;)

Spooks 25 June 2004 09:20 AM

Dont bother , E46 M3's will mince yer car after about 80mph * .......
now E36 thats different ;)
And if a 320 ci beat ya I musta serviced that one LMAO....
Spooks

*Disclaimer before ya all get a bit emotional Yeh I know that modded scoobs can and do beat M3's :rolleyes:

Thomohawk 25 June 2004 09:35 AM

Wo wo wo.....

Never said that I got beat by a 320, was more just surprised at how well he did, and if it had been from a standing start then I'm sure there would have been no contest!

Anyway, all this has got me wondering..... how do I go about checking that everything is all fine and dandy with my motor, in terms of what power i'm getting etc? Am I right in thinking rolling road, or is there another (easier) way, i.e. letting someone drive it that knows what 305 horses should feel like??

Cheers, Thomo.

Spooks 25 June 2004 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Thomohawk
Wo wo wo.....

Touchy aint we ;)
Hehe kiddin neebs
Best bet if you are curious about yer power is a RR day. One coming up soon funnily enough :D
Spooks

Just had to add....imagine if ya had been in the twisties PMSL :D:D

Thomohawk 25 June 2004 09:54 AM

Twisties........ oooohya, anything like last Sunday's run to Alford would be sweet!! :D

Yep, just added ma sel to the RR at Dastek.

Thomo.

Johnny50 25 June 2004 10:01 AM

Thomo..get yerself signed up for the Dastek RR day.. ;)

Dont think yer car is slow...well..it might be, cos i was keepin up with ya... :D

Johnny50 25 June 2004 10:02 AM

Doh...didn't notice you had signed up ! :rolleyes:

Thomohawk 25 June 2004 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny50
Dont think yer car is slow...well..it might be, cos i was keepin up with ya... :D

Hmmmm, maybe I'm getting somewhere now..... I'm thinking driving ability, but in a straight line...... surely not!! ;)

Yep, defo up for the rolling road, and the fact that it's mid August, should give me time to hunt down some more BM's! :D

stiks 25 June 2004 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Thomohawk
Hmmmm, maybe I'm getting somewhere now..... I'm thinking driving ability, but in a straight line...... surely not!! ;)

Yep, defo up for the rolling road, and the fact that it's mid August, should give me time to hunt down some more BM's! :D

I had a 330 previously. Quickish, but off the mark it should only catch you well above the ton. That said they can be modified too I believe ;)

Going fast in a straight line gets boring after a while ....head for the twisties and you'll soon lose a beemer :D

Keith