ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Who sells Super unleaded? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/338818-who-sells-super-unleaded.html)

Ray_li 24 June 2004 02:43 PM

Who sells Super unleaded?

Im driving a MY00 but I can not always find a Shell petrol station around.
Im finding it really hard keeping the car topped up with Opitmax.
Who else sells Super unleaded petrol?

I came very close to putting NUL in but found one at the last minuate.
Would it have been a problem if I put NUL in? I dont think it could ba as bad a running out of petrol.

Ray

fitzscoob 24 June 2004 02:47 PM

depends on the car as to what would happen, but to be fair, I would not have thought that an emergency fill up of NUL could have caused to much damage.

I buy SUL from sainsburys

SiDHEaD 24 June 2004 03:00 PM

Sainsbruy's SUL is cheaper than Shell NUL!!!!! 80.7 in kiddy the other day

I ran mine for over a year on NUL, whilst it had warranty (and as i am poor).

marky1 24 June 2004 03:11 PM

Tesco do super unleaded (in London at least)

Ray_li 24 June 2004 03:41 PM

Running a standard MY00.
Want to keep the car topped with Optimax but Im planning a drive round the country (up north) with the misses and I dont think finding SUL will be easy.

Ray

jaycee 24 June 2004 03:47 PM

There's plenty of Optimax oop north Ray! :D If you run it on NUL just chuck in some octane booster.

Jason

sherlock 24 June 2004 03:52 PM

BP, texco, total, sainsburys all round Oxon not much help for you i know.

Jaycee Thanks for the B2 fitted and working!

Sherlock

Ray_li 24 June 2004 03:56 PM

octane booster..
Tell me more :)

brickboy 24 June 2004 04:06 PM

www.aapetrolbusters.co.uk can tell you which stations in your area have Super. You need to register but it works.

Most Esso, BP and Texaco stations do SUL.

jaycee 24 June 2004 04:07 PM

NF, Millers, Silkolene Pro boost. Increases the RON rating of the fuel.
Good if you have to fill up with NUL once in a while. Easily available mail order, TSL do the Pro boost not sure who does the others.

Sherlock- Glad to hear it!

Jason

imlach 24 June 2004 04:11 PM

If it's a UK std MY00, it runs on NUL just fine.....it's designed to.

Scumbag 24 June 2004 04:12 PM

The only time I filled up with NUL was an emergency, and it took a good 6/7 mins to get it into the tank...I'd never realised that the filler only accepted a SUL pump...about 10 cars pulled up, filled up, paid, and drove off before I'd dribbled my £10 in!

cong 24 June 2004 04:19 PM

i thought all the pump use the same kind of nozzles!

imlach 24 June 2004 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by cong
i thought all the pump use the same kind of nozzles!

They do - SUL & NUL have the same nozzle size - diesel is different.
Can't understand the post by scumbag above....?????

Markus 24 June 2004 04:21 PM

Does the handbook with you car state you MUST run on 97 RON fuel or better? If not then NUL will be fine every once in a while. Yes, you might have a slight performance decline, but as it's a standard car then I don't think I'll do anything wrong. No doubt I'll get flamed by everyone for suggesting this, but hey ho, that's life :D

I used to run my JDM WRX Wagon on NUL and it never had any problems. Only went to using SUL/Optimax when I got a full decat on it.

If you are seriously worried about putting NUL in the car then carry some Octane Booster around with you, thus if you need to use NUL you can pop in some OB as well, but to be honest, I don't think it's really worth it

imlach 24 June 2004 04:22 PM

Std UK MY00's run on 95 RON. It's stated in the manual.

Scumbag 24 June 2004 05:27 PM

Well, that's what I thought as well, which was why I was taken a bit by surprise! Maybe they'd put the petrol in the wrong pump, but I didnt think that was possible. I did check that it was NUL about 15 times before I started pumping it, but as I was running on vapour, I didnt have much choice

I'm running an imported Legacy B4, and every SUL pump I've used is a very tight fit (ooh-er, missus)...anyone else any ideas? Never tried NUL since (£10 of NUL in 3 years and 60,000 miles)