ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Tracker Q (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/337156-tracker-q.html)

karps 18 June 2004 03:50 PM

Tracker Q

got my 10000ml service done today and told them about my battery going flat over my hols. They have ordered up another battery but told me my tracker would have to get reset and would have to get someone in to do it. I told them it was their resposibility as it is a warranty repair and i didnt want any charges. They said they would check with Subaru.
Anyone had this before?????

sti-04!! 18 June 2004 04:08 PM

what can i say typical drive !?

sorry mate the are soooooooooo incapable

phone the tracker company & confirm

Marky-San 18 June 2004 04:42 PM

Would it not be the same situation if you disconnect your battery to carry out any work? I've done this loads of times and would fully expect tracker to have had the foresight not to have their unit run/heavily rely on the car battery?

Otherwise, my car could be nicked anytime. Theiving scum - Please contact me for details - keys provided, no need to break in. Full tank of petrol as well:D

karps 18 June 2004 09:19 PM

so does that mean my trackers not working just now cos my battery was dead when i came back from hols?????

Spooks 18 June 2004 09:23 PM

What kinda tracker???
Most have a battery backup but normally only last a few days, was yer battery totally dead as tracker use a tiny amount of current so if there was a wee bit of life left then its prolly been protected. However if your car is stolen and you knowingly had a problem that interferes with your tracker then you/dealer are responsible if yer cars nicked. I would be tellin em to get it fixed and get it fixed NOW
Spooks

zander 18 June 2004 09:24 PM

Dose a tracker not have it's own backup battery. Its only the trackstar that dont have a backup batt.

zander

karps 18 June 2004 09:32 PM

cheer me up zander :( its the rac trackstar thats fitted to the scoobs

zander 18 June 2004 10:19 PM

Sorry sir i just thought it was a tracker cos thats what ive got on my scoob.

SORRY

sti-04!! 19 June 2004 09:57 AM

Noel - did you phone trackstar ?

They will tell you in seconds & while your on the phone ask them to do a check & see were your car is

F*k Drive:(

karps 19 June 2004 01:05 PM

just phoned and they will phone me back to let we know if its workin

karps 19 June 2004 01:17 PM

my trackers workin fine and no need to reset it if batterys changed on car as there is a back up on the tracker.
glad someone knows what their talkin about

Johnny50 19 June 2004 02:15 PM

Gald someone brought this up...i had a (almost) flat battery when i came back this week.
Got a new battery yesterday, and was wondering about the tracker.
Now i know !! :)

Cheers lads.

sti-04!! 19 June 2004 04:34 PM

sorry to say it mate, but its Drive through & through
Change to nobles, for that piece of mind:P

(no i dont have anything to do with them):D

Glad your all sorted

Stephen

trance 21 June 2004 04:48 AM

The back up battery should last longer than 2 weeks without the main battery connected. I asked that when i got mine fitted, i work away, so wanted to know that it would last for at least 2 weeks if my battery went flat. Not sure on how long exactly it lasts, but will not need a reset if you disconect it for a service, pretty sure on that.