ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tonight 10:15pm BBC1 - RONIN (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/335628-tonight-10-15pm-bbc1-ronin.html)

Buckrogers 12 June 2004 09:52 PM

Tonight 10:15pm BBC1 - RONIN

Remember the A8 car chase?

Great film.

IPKIS 12 June 2004 09:58 PM

Yup one of the great car chases ;)

micared 12 June 2004 10:15 PM

Great car chase it may be, but that is one CRAP film....plot is so well hidden, a bloody St. Bernard couldn't find it! There are people in that film who should be ashamed of themselves, given how good they can be.

*Sonic* 12 June 2004 10:16 PM

Funny, i thought it was a really good film, DVD has deleted scenes, and alternate ending iirc

Plot was easy anyway :)

CrisPDuk 12 June 2004 10:19 PM

Just came on to post this exact thing:D:D

I'm with Sonic BTW:D

micared 12 June 2004 10:50 PM

Blimey, just me then....better re-evaluate my Barry Norman skills. My life as a film critic now at an abrupt end. :( :D

rb5_336 12 June 2004 11:01 PM

This is one of my favourte films!

ajm 12 June 2004 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Buckrogers
Remember the A8 car chase?

Great film.

S8 wasn't it?

Chris L 13 June 2004 12:01 AM

Yes it is an S8. Great film - always enjoy watching it. Car chases are fantastic, but it is also an intelligent thriller. Not the normal Hollywood crap - you've actually got to watch the film and work it out (a rarity these days). It has the look and feel of an older film - sort of 70s action/thriller. Terrific cast aswell which shows the pulling power of John Frankenheimer as director.

Chris

scoobchrissy 13 June 2004 12:10 AM

Good film, well liked it :D

Bravo2zero_sps 13 June 2004 12:15 AM

First time i've seen it, thought it was great - well until they had the bird driving fast, everyone knows women can't drive ;)

Thought the plot was mental and might need to watch it again to actually work out wtf was going on :D

2000TLondon 13 June 2004 12:42 AM

Very well made, great stunts and huge scenes, very well shot chase scenes and De Niro and Reno are always great, but watching it again, you do lose interest knowing the end is quite weak, it seems the writers ran out of steam and just plopped down this conclusion, and as you really don't care about what Seamus does or is going to do with the case, it is a bit anti-climatic, and why let Deirdre go when she is a terrorist?

Think if they had had more coffee at the storyboard meetings it could have been much better!

This must lead to a link about the best car chases?

Which I will do now.... :)

*Sonic* 13 June 2004 01:22 AM

I always like the scene with De Niro & Sean Bean and the cup of coffee :)

Iwan 13 June 2004 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by 2000TLondon
and why let Deirdre go when she is a terrorist?

There's an alternate ending on the DVD. You know when De Niro comes out of the cafe and looks wistfully up that big flight of steps? Well just before that, there's a scene where Deirdre stood waiting for him in the road at the top and gets bundled into a van by a bunch of "clava'd up" blokes - presumably Seamus's colleagues.

More realistic ending but a bit depressing as you have to wonder what happens to her...

Iwan