ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Midlands (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/)
-   -   Worcs trip to ring (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/335054-worcs-trip-to-ring.html)

Fizz_daz 10 June 2004 03:57 PM

Worcs trip to ring

James has asked me to post up a role call for the trip at the end of July to the ring. Please add to it!! Please post numbers etc. as below

1. Fizz - 1 car ? passengers

Richard Askew 10 June 2004 04:16 PM

Peak season for work and 2 weeks before WRC Germany :(

How bout Sept/Oct? :D

WRX_Rich 10 June 2004 10:12 PM

Im on holiday 16 - 26th of July, so looks like Im out, Its a shame as I was planning on winning the lotto some time early july :p

Fizz 11 June 2004 12:11 AM

Well am I just going then....

Wayne? TC? TW? Topjimo? squizz

Squizz 11 June 2004 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Fizz
Well am I just going then....

Wayne? TC? TW? Topjimo? squizz

Erm... Gotta pay out for 2 Subarus to be serviced, and one of them needs the tappets replacing. Gotta spend a fair bit on the Nissan to upgrade the brakes, etc. :rolleyes:

No point taking the Nissan if the brakes aren't done. :(

Would the Nissan manage the journey, let alone the circuit? :confused:

Will definitely make a decision this weekend... ;)

SiDHEaD 11 June 2004 06:53 PM

If its on I wouldnt mind passengering with you Darren!

Can't afford to take my car this year :(

Rich: its a few days after your holiday ;)

T5NYW 11 June 2004 10:45 PM

1 car hopefully ;) passengers welcome

Tony

CHRIS_D 12 June 2004 09:08 PM

im looking at going 23-25 jul

T5NYW 13 June 2004 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by CHRIS_D
im looking at going 23-25 jul

We are going the week after 30 July to 2nd August IIRC

Tony

Ps Anyone want a ride there you will just need to pay for your Hotel, Grub and Booze :D

DoctorEvil 13 June 2004 12:01 PM

Me and passenger for defo. On hol from 28 jul till mid aug ish. Yipee

Fizz_daz 16 June 2004 08:49 AM

no one else?

T5NYW 16 June 2004 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Fizz_daz
no one else?

well with the amount going :( we will only need to bring one car back ;) LOL

What about NM

Tony

SiDHEaD 16 June 2004 11:48 AM

I'm not even sure i can afford to passenger at the mo :eek: else i'd have loved to take my car!

T5NYW 17 June 2004 11:40 AM

Fizz,

Before you comfirm my booking, Work may be changing my shifts :( so may not be able to come :(:(:( Bottocks. I am away to Turkey Saturday so try try to speak to you before.

Tony

DoctorEvil 17 June 2004 12:13 PM

these numbers are getting smaller!!!!!!!

Topjimo 18 June 2004 03:05 PM

Ok all hotel is all booked nad just waiting for the crossing to be booked.

Andy don't you dare wus out now you big girl.

Anyone else want to come drop me a mail

ta

Topjimo 18 June 2004 03:07 PM

Fizz any chance you can send this to the international page? i would but i'm a computer spaz

austen_wrx 23 June 2004 09:31 AM

I'm going in the WRX (plus a Caterham and elise) on 29th - 31st, will have to meet up while we are there.

We were going to camp, but where are you all staying

DoctorEvil 23 June 2004 10:17 AM

in the pub mate.....where else! :D

T5NYW 23 June 2004 01:58 PM

Austen,
Wıll let you know where later but about 15Km from nurburg

Tony

will19702001 25 June 2004 10:38 AM

Gotta give it a miss this year chaps.. :( Spending my cash on another kinda ring... A wedding ring ;)

SiDHEaD 25 June 2004 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by will19702001
Gotta give it a miss this year chaps.. :( Spending my cash on another kinda ring... A wedding ring ;)

awwwwwwwwww so cute ;)

DoctorEvil 25 June 2004 02:44 PM

go away little person :D

ScoobyDoo555 25 June 2004 04:22 PM

tony (W) - might be up for a weekend a Nurburgring if you don't mind a passenger.... (can also hold the camcorder ;) :D

Will have to check though - sister's getting married the weekend after......

Dan

ScoobyDoo555 26 June 2004 07:46 AM

ouch - my Scooby-social life gets another kick in the nads. :(
Scrap the above post - wedding stuff going on.

Damn. I'm "yeah" :rolleyes:

Dan

T5NYW 30 June 2004 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
tony (W) - might be up for a weekend a Nurburgring if you don't mind a passenger.... (can also hold the camcorder ;) :D

Dan,
Sorry you can't make it :( but I can't either :(:(

Tony

RX631 13 July 2004 12:23 AM

erm,

I am going over to the ring on the 29th july for the DTM weekend and a few laps of the Nord. They are in westfields and caterhams and i am in my tweeked sport - should be interesting. Think we are camping by the track - i have never been before - gulp!

Steve

T5NYW 13 July 2004 01:46 PM

steve,
I won't be going due to work commitments but the rest are ;) the booked up the chunnel yesterday IIRC. Not sure of the opening times ;) it was not full weekend though :rolleyes: it was a half day Saturday and fullday Sunday IIRC
Be careful ;) if there is rain or Damp about it can get very very slippy, the rubber on tarmac. You can notice different weather conditions as you go up around the mountain ;) there are plently of hidden corners to catch you out, IMHO IIRC etc.
If you have a good Navigator mark up each corner what gear you should be in (entry speed) on first 2/3rds speed lap. Eg 3a or 3b. If before a corner you judge low 4b take at 3b say. This hopefully stop the too fast out of corner and on inccorect line for the next. on exit of corner you can correct/edit notation. also remember the Blind creasts, after long straights some have nasty corners straight after and some are flat out try not to get them confused :eek:
I and may other fell foul at Ardenfost(Spelling) too fast through the first corner R/Hander the too fast and wrong side for the hairpin left. luckily no Armco and cut the corner.

Remember to Enjoy it :D:D and dont get carried away you drove it there you would like to drive it home ;)

I have a very nervous first recky lap on CD with the "Off" which will show the car view but try not to look for skilled driving as you wont find any. PM me your address and I'll post it you. Unless SidHead has it still on his web site to download ;)

Tony

Ps wear a rose in your hair and they will reconise you :D they will be the other 10 with them in :D:D:D LOL

RX631 13 July 2004 03:09 PM

hi tony,

thanks for the advice, i realise that no matter how good driver anyone is then there is no subsitute for experience on the 'ring itself. to that end, the guys i am going with are old hands at it and still learning so will get as much info from then as i can. My mate billy said he would sit with me, he is used to my driving style so wont get phased!?!! - however i think he wrote his westfield off at Adenforst last year.

Does anyone rate getting project gotham racing to 'learn' the track, apparently its on there.

I aint going there to kill my car or do a "lauda" so will just enjoy the ride. My style is pretty safe but fast - that comes from driving in Rallycross!?! a couple of years ago so i aint got nothing to prove :cuckoo:

My only concern with the car is brake fade, i get it from time to time but am only running single pots with ebc greens and Drilled and grooved black diamond discs. I am having dot5 put in at the weekend so hopefully that will sort that out. Along with eibachs, induction kit, 17" wrx wheels, turbo magnex exhaust, decat pipe and 3" sabelt harness i should be all set to have some fun i reckon.

Thanks again

Steve

austen_wrx 13 July 2004 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by T5NYW
steve,
Not sure of the opening times ;) it was not full weekend though :rolleyes: it was a half day Saturday and fullday Sunday IIRC

The website says open friday evening and all day saturday and sunday
http://www.nuerburgring.de/download/TF2004.pdf

I hope its open all day saturday as we are going home on sunday morning :(