ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Bucket Seats (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/334083-bucket-seats.html)

davyboy 07 June 2004 01:19 PM

Bucket Seats

Who has them?

What are they?

How have they worn? are they wearing out?

Where can you buy them online?

.......I always liked my MY01 seats - anyone got any?

Dave

OllyK 07 June 2004 05:16 PM

Have you tried the For Sale forums?

hoskib 07 June 2004 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy
Who has them?

i did have

What are they?

they were cobra monacos

How have they worn? are they wearing out?

didn't keep them long enough to find out, bloody uncomfortable

Where can you buy them online?

most big stores i would imagine(demon tweeks etc.)

.......I always liked my MY01 seats - anyone got any?

were are they now? if you can, keep them.

maybe other make buckets are a bit more user friendly, but i've sat in the monacos i had (comfort of a park bench) and a foookin expensive kevlar backed jobbie and that was fcuking awful aswell (did grip you like a bastid though;))

phew:)

davyboy 07 June 2004 07:20 PM

I always thought Cobra was a bit Max Power. At least Corbeau, Sparco, and Recaro can be seen on proper race cars.

Don't have an Impreza anymore so no MY01 seats.

hoskib 07 June 2004 07:37 PM

I always thought Cobra was a bit Max Power. At least Corbeau, Sparco, and Recaro can be seen on proper race cars.

this is true, however their top of the reange stuff does look the bollox:)

if you're just after being held in place regardless of comfort i would imagine any of the above would be sufficent, i'm still tempted to get another bucket just for drivers side and if i do it'll be recaro i'll look at first (bit bloody expensive though;))

davyboy 07 June 2004 08:58 PM

I need a bit of comfort, its a long drive to the Nurburgring!

Dave

David_Dickson 07 June 2004 10:59 PM

I have Cobra Monaco`s in my track-car. FIA approved, but not a lot of padding for my butt. Great support though.

My mate has Cobra Clubmans in his (they used to be mine but I sold them to him) and they are a lot comfier. Not quite as much lateral support, but a hell of a lot more padding. They arent FIA approved if that matters for you though.

As neither have any adjustment, it takes a bit of fettling to get the position right, but once I had that figured out, I am very happy with them, but only for short periods. I find that on longer journeys my ass quickly goes numb.

As for wear-and-tear, both seats seem to be standing up ok to clambering in and out a lot (low-ish cars, high-sided seats and roll-cages makes getting in and out tricky) with no obvious wear marks or tears showing up.
Mine are red, his are red and black, which may look very "motorsport" ;) but shows up dirt a lot. Go for darker colours.

Dream Weaver 08 June 2004 09:30 AM

www.rallynuts.com
www.motorsportworld.co.uk

:) Sparco Rev's for bigger fittings.

Ordered stuff from both these sites, great service, very fast delivery.

MartinM 08 June 2004 11:13 PM

Where can I go to 'try some on'?

I might be able to get some Cobra Monacos, but won't be able to try them first. Would be a shame if they turn out really uncomfortable.

Any other ideas for £100-£150 each - for road rally use ??

carl 08 June 2004 11:46 PM

The other usual suspects are Recaros and Sparcos. Plenty to look at in the Demon Tweeks catalogue.

David_Dickson 09 June 2004 06:31 PM

My local Ripspeed/halfords have a display of seats you can try out.