ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   We've all seen the " How long have you kept yours" thread but....... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/333335-weve-all-seen-the-how-long-have-you-kept-yours-thread-but.html)

RLE 04 June 2004 12:36 PM

We've all seen the " How long have you kept yours" thread but.......

Looking at the flip side for just a minute, has anyone sold their Subaru after a few days/ weeks because they just weren't happy?

I mean I've had mine three years now but every so often and for several different reasons I decide "ITS GOING". Needless to say I still have it but I know some of you will be more implusive than me.

BaldyMan 04 June 2004 12:51 PM

After changing jobs and now spending over 240 squid a month on petrol - seriously thinking of gettin rid.

Problem is i love it, its my baby, my heart, my soul ....... uuugh humm ... enough of that, yup definately time to go.

sob sob sob

Patt@firstime 04 June 2004 12:53 PM

Had a P1 for about 3 months and sold it.

Matt

MattW 04 June 2004 01:17 PM

WRX - 12 months
Sti - 12 months
Sti PPP - 6 months

lol

mart360 04 June 2004 01:23 PM

gl want to sell it as soon as i see another wrx !!

one day soon

Initial D 04 June 2004 01:48 PM

MY97 wagon turbo - My first car and I have had it 6 mounths now. I cant wait to get rid of it to be honest and wish I had brought an Intergrale instead and not let some dumb ass salesman talk me into it. Will be up for sale soon here and autotrader priced for a quick sale.

Doubt I'd have another one either to be fair.

UHF 04 June 2004 01:50 PM

IMHO life isnt about aquiring as much money as possible and then dying, its about living as long as possible and always having JUST enough money to survive on.

So therefore if you arent going to dump loads of money into the car in terms of petrol and servicing then you'll only spend it on something else, fritter it away or have it sat in a bank account gathering dust.

But yeah, I often looked at the large bills and wondered why I keep the car, then when I drive it I remember why!

Old_Fart 04 June 2004 02:30 PM

MY99 PPP owned for 3 weeks...p/x against the 22B :D
MY01 WRX, 3 months, hated it.
MY03 STIPPP 3 months, thought it ok, but not as good as the 22
22B, 4 years and counting :)
Cman

davedipster 04 June 2004 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by UHF
IMHO life isnt about aquiring as much money as possible and then dying, its about living as long as possible and always having JUST enough money to survive on.

So therefore if you arent going to dump loads of money into the car in terms of petrol and servicing then you'll only spend it on something else, fritter it away or have it sat in a bank account gathering dust.

But yeah, I often looked at the large bills and wondered why I keep the car, then when I drive it I remember why!

My god, another like minded person.
My dad always says 'there's no pockets in a shroud', after all I would only spend it on beer and gadgets anyway, and get fatter as a result :)

Dipster

UHF 04 June 2004 07:02 PM

:) the enthusis is on having JUST enough, I have no intention of being in debt, which is easily done owning an impreza, especially when you pitch up to a cruise and everyone else has better stick on bits than you. I got fed up with that a while back and spent my money on engine mods.

njkmr 04 June 2004 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by davedipster
My god, another like minded person.
My dad always says 'there's no pockets in a shroud', after all I would only spend it on beer and gadgets anyway, and get fatter as a result :)

Dipster

Here Here!!!!!!!!!!! I,d rather die owing everyone than have a stash in the bank.Can you imagine looking down thinkin "feck" I wish i,d had that wr1,and that holiday and th...........
And that C**ts scuttlin the wife and spendin all my money

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UHF 04 June 2004 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by njkmr
Here Here!!!!!!!!!!! I,d rather die owing everyone than have a stash in the bank.Can you imagine looking down thinkin "feck" I wish i,d had that wr1,and that holiday and th...........
And that C**ts scuttlin the wife and spendin all my money

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah but if you had got the WR1 you'd have understeered off the road and into a tree earlier and therefore been looking down sooner than you'd expect!

Oh this is too easy!

njkmr 04 June 2004 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by UHF
Yeah but if you had got the WR1 you'd have understeered off the road and into a tree earlier and therefore been looking down sooner than you'd expect!

Oh this is too easy!

Ho Hum!!

Leslie 05 June 2004 11:47 AM

Good thinking UHF.

Les :)

v5 man 05 June 2004 05:21 PM

Jan 04 sold my bugeye (owned for 1 year)
Jan 04 Bought classic wagon,
Mar 04 swapped classic wagon for classic saloon
June 04 still have classic saloon, but itching to change it:D

Cliff

njkmr 05 June 2004 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by v5 man
Jan 04 sold my bugeye (owned for 1 year)
Jan 04 Bought classic wagon,
Mar 04 swapped classic wagon for classic saloon
June 04 still have classic saloon, but itching to change it:D

Cliff

How bout my classic rb5 @12.5k v5 man