ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   MY04 STI PPP Rolling Road Result (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/333328-my04-sti-ppp-rolling-road-result.html)

haynesaj 04 June 2004 12:07 PM

MY04 STI PPP Rolling Road Result

At PE this morning, it finally managed:

289 bhp @ 5793 rpm
288 LBS/FT Peak Torque

..and this only after an ECU reset

Bit down on the Prodrive figures but then it has only 2150 miles on the clock, so hopefully its still loosening up. Car has PPP + STI Panel Filter. Ignition advance was originaly being checked and retarded quite early and an ECU reset, finally got it to the figures above. PE are gonna check the logs they have produced to see if they can see why its not quite making it and will take it back in a couple of months. As long is there is not a fundamental problem I'm not too bothered as it still goes like stink!! and I know there are limitations/issues with rolling road tests.

What are other peoples experiences with rolling road figures for PPP's similar model Impreza's?

(PS. Thanks Power Engineering!)

MattW 04 June 2004 12:10 PM

What did it make at first? What grade of fuel?

Peanuts 04 June 2004 12:23 PM

arent power eng. figures supposed to be *optimistic*?
or is that power station?

I confuse easily, eaither way, well done and with a few more mods you'll see 300 no probs

MattW 04 June 2004 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Peanuts
I confuse easily, eaither way, well done and with a few more mods you'll see 300 no probs

Ahem....he has PPP, he should have 301bhp ;)

haynesaj 04 June 2004 12:32 PM

Was making between 280 and 283bhp. Tank was full of optimax, which i try and stick too, although have had BP ultimate in it a few times in emgergencies. Performance mods are PPP and STI Panel filter, so was hoping to achieve the magic 300.

SPEN555 04 June 2004 12:32 PM

Take it back and reject it. It does not do what it says on the tin.

MattW 04 June 2004 12:36 PM

There have been many threads on here about PPP not making the advertised figs. Mike Wood in particular has taken the time to explain why the magic 300 may not be achievable, although some disagree, I'm not knowledgeable enough to argue with him.

I'll try and find some of the threads.

BAH 04 June 2004 12:38 PM

Another member on here with same car and only PPP added did 305 at Well lane right out the box.....

Then added cat back exhaust and did 315 i think....

So i would be a bit worried if it was mine.

Daz34 04 June 2004 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by BAH
Another member on here with same car and only PPP added did 305 at Well lane right out the box.....

Then added cat back exhaust and did 315 i think....

So i would be a bit worried if it was mine.

Different rolling road, different result

andypugh2000 04 June 2004 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by haynesaj
At PE this morning, it finally managed:

289 bhp @ 5793 rpm
288 LBS/FT Peak Torque

..and this only after an ECU reset

Bit down on the Prodrive figures but then it has only 2150 miles on the clock, so hopefully its still loosening up. Car has PPP + STI Panel Filter. Ignition advance was originaly being checked and retarded quite early and an ECU reset, finally got it to the figures above. PE are gonna check the logs they have produced to see if they can see why its not quite making it and will take it back in a couple of months. As long is there is not a fundamental problem I'm not too bothered as it still goes like stink!! and I know there are limitations/issues with rolling road tests.

What are other peoples experiences with rolling road figures for PPP's similar model Impreza's?

(PS. Thanks Power Engineering!)

DRUMSTERPHIL'S Dad's STI PPP made 274 @ G-force in April when i was there but the dyno was running around 12 bhp down on the day ;)

andy :D

MattW 04 June 2004 12:42 PM

Here

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=323724

Christ 04 June 2004 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by haynesaj
Was making between 280 and 283bhp. Tank was full of optimax, which i try and stick too, although have had BP ultimate in it a few times in emgergencies. Performance mods are PPP and STI Panel filter, so was hoping to achieve the magic 300.

Take it back on a cold day and you probably will make 300..

Chris

scooby L 04 June 2004 12:46 PM

Mine was ecutek'd (MY03 STI) and managed "only" 290....
My engine is prone to DET and so the advance had to be knocked back a bit, hence slightly less max power.... but midrange is still quick....:D

Sounds like you have the same characteristics as mine.

T.J 04 June 2004 12:53 PM

would warm weather affect the figures?

scooby L 04 June 2004 01:00 PM

Every day produces different figures... (unfortunatly it was snowing when I went!)

haynesaj 04 June 2004 01:27 PM

The tech advice I got was that normally an ignition advance multiplier is used in the ECU's calculations for ignition advance. What they were noticing was that this multiplier had been dropped by the ECU...this could have been due to heatsoak or dodgy fuel at some point in the engines recent life. The reset of the Ecu restored the advance multiplier. However, even with that restored it was still down. The day was warming up and the car might have been pretty hot by its last run....Still reading the other thread, there is a bit of a difference between an STI making 313bhp and 289 with just PPP.

elgordano 04 June 2004 04:00 PM

you not been at work today Mr.Haynes ?? ;)

marklemac 04 June 2004 04:34 PM

Heat Soak :)

hawkeye 04 June 2004 05:01 PM

the twisties ;)

mitsubishi tweaked it :)

the stig cant drive properly :D

ooops sorry wrong thread

Mikkk 04 June 2004 05:27 PM

LMAO ... bless you Hawk :D

haynesaj 04 June 2004 06:16 PM

Working from home Gordo :-)

scoobyboy 04 June 2004 07:14 PM

if the intake air temp is above 40 degrees then it cuts down on power to save the doing damage to the engine. all dealers were issued with a bullitin about owners claiming there was something wrong as they were low on power. also make sure they recalibrated the throttle setting as it may not read 100% on wot

Bob Rawle 04 June 2004 07:17 PM

Thas a bit down but not that much, PE are middle of the road, same as Gforce and Prosport so don't "read high". The figures from well lane at 315 would be 295 ish at PE for what its worth so Bah I should consider that and think about "worried" as your car is no better imho.

bob

Sti_Lad 04 June 2004 07:22 PM

I had mine at G force in April, Its a My03 Sti with decat and ITG, got 318 bhp and 310 ft lb. Was pretty happy, allthough It only got 276 initially coz of too much heat on intake temps (over 40 Deg)

Goes to show the engine does cut back a bit to save itself!

SiBurt 04 June 2004 07:56 PM

I had 315 bhp @ Nobles and 321 bhp @ Power Engineering two weeks later!

Bob Rawle 04 June 2004 11:07 PM

Siburt, that sounds about right, Nobles do seem to run slightly lower figs.

bob

Neilo 05 June 2004 12:19 AM

That is very interesting as mine ran 248 @ g-force and 252 @ PE, if those are considered middle of the road...does that mean that they can be trusted a bit more than others? as much as id love my essentially standard 03 wrx to be 270 with backbox and filter i cant believe that somehow....

Any thoughts?

Neil.

P.S. bob, when the cash is available, ill be down to see you ;) :D

drumsterphil 05 June 2004 12:20 AM

285bhp at G-Force seems to be the general consesus for PPP STI's. As AndyPugh2000 has already said, my dad got 274 on a recently run-in STI8 PPP with the roller s running 10-12bhp down.

If you're seeing 289 at PE then it doesn't sound too bad - besides don't they provide lamda results so you can if it's leaning out etc in the same way G-Force do?

Neilo 05 June 2004 12:23 AM

as far as i can tell, PE arent quite as thorough as GF.

Still a good bunch of chaps though!

God if mine was running 10-12 bhp down, then result!!! (as i was there on the same day!)

scoobycar60 05 June 2004 10:42 PM

287 at g force - sti 02 ppp early piggy back type

Others got similar figures so nothing to worry about.

Still was a little surprised as evos (7 & 8's) FQ300 (out of the box no mods) were making 300-305 in the same conditions :confused:

They dont seem to need any excuses for missing the target! :rolleyes: