ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   DBM new age in the trees off M876 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/332930-dbm-new-age-in-the-trees-off-m876.html)

stiks 03 June 2004 08:39 AM

DBM new age in the trees off M876

Passed the poilice and tow truck extracting the above X?????? from the bushes at the tight bend ( switchback on M 876 towards Kinc Br- just after the exit from M9 :eek:

Hope everyone is OK - no ambulances thankfully.
Wet and slippy this morning, and I have noticed the inside lane is worn very smooth by HGV's.

What do we pay road tax for again ??

Stiks

caz1562 03 June 2004 11:20 AM

holy sh!t thats not far from me, its a wkd never ending corner especially in the rain. I hope they're OK.

stiks 03 June 2004 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by caz1562
holy sh!t thats not far from me, its a wkd never ending corner especially in the rain. I hope they're OK.

Yup - It is best to take the ouside lane .... a bit more grippy

ozzy 03 June 2004 04:48 PM

It must have been going at a fair rate of knots to leave the road, grippy or not :eek:

stiks 03 June 2004 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ozzy
It must have been going at a fair rate of knots to leave the road, grippy or not :eek:

....or clipped by something, swerved to avoid something :eek:
Definitely slowed me down for the rest of the journey.

AR 03 June 2004 10:32 PM

Is that the exit when you come off the M9 having come from Edinburgh?

I agree that the outside lane has more grip (not as smooth, gentler radius) and 50 mph is a doddle in either lane, whether wet or not. Would'nt like to push it there and you have to watch the compression in the inside lane once you are on to the straight!

stiks 04 June 2004 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by AR

I agree that the outside lane has more grip (not as smooth, gentler radius) and 50 mph is a doddle in either lane, whether wet or not. Would'nt like to push it there and you have to watch the compression in the inside lane once you are on to the straight!

AR,

Thats the one - had a chap in an VX220 try to overtake me there once... got all out of shape and decided to stay back. :p

caz1562 04 June 2004 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by AR

50mph.......70 is better ;)

ozzy 04 June 2004 01:39 PM

70? take it out of 3rd gear ;)

AR 04 June 2004 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by caz1562
50mph.......70 is better ;)

I knew someone would say I am too slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dougster 04 June 2004 10:20 PM

Just drift round it like I do.

Spooks 04 June 2004 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dougster
Just drift round it like I do.

And laugh yer arse off when your drifting like I do ;)
Spooks