ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Truvelo questions? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/332082-truvelo-questions.html)

Iwan 30 May 2004 10:35 PM

Truvelo questions?

Went to Santa Pod today and got a lift there/back with a mate. On the way back we passed 2 Truvelo cameras which both looked like they flashed as we approached them. :(

We spotted both of them a fair way off, my mate reckons he was about on the limit or +2 Mph for the first one - it looked like it flashed twice as we passed it.

The second, we're pretty sure we were about 10mph under the limit (he was paranoid by this point) and that looked like it flashed twice again too!??

Anyone know if they can be triggered by anything else, or if the sun reflecting in the flash aperture can look like a flash? It's the first time i've seen these go off (if that's indeed what it was), sort of a weak purple flash...

Iwan

i8gtmf 30 May 2004 11:19 PM

Truevelos work on induction strips in the road just in front of the camera as you approach it.

salsa-king 30 May 2004 11:31 PM

ORIGIN B2 you need
speak with jason at www.alpha-telecom.co.uk for a specail deal he is doing ;)

I have one from him.. makes you know where all the Truvelos are ;)

spufus 30 May 2004 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Iwan
Went to Santa Pod today and got a lift there/back with a mate. On the way back we passed 2 Truvelo cameras which both looked like they flashed as we approached them. :(

We spotted both of them a fair way off, my mate reckons he was about on the limit or +2 Mph for the first one - it looked like it flashed twice as we passed it.

The second, we're pretty sure we were about 10mph under the limit (he was paranoid by this point) and that looked like it flashed twice again too!??

Anyone know if they can be triggered by anything else, or if the sun reflecting in the flash aperture can look like a flash? It's the first time i've seen these go off (if that's indeed what it was), sort of a weak purple flash...

Iwan

They are infra red - they don't flash

spufus 30 May 2004 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=salsa-king]ORIGIN B2 you need
QUOTE]
Are you Yoda?
;)

Iwan 31 May 2004 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by salsa-king
ORIGIN B2 you need

I have one from him.. makes you know where all the Truvelos are ;)

Indeedy, i already have one from Jaycee. I ordered it about 24 hours after you did! My mate on the other hand, doesn't have one in his car. But he now feels it might be a worthwhile investment... ;)

Cheers for the info guys, if the flash is infra red then it was probably just sunlight reflecting off the lens that i saw as we passed them.

Hopefully...

Iwan

scoob_dood 31 May 2004 11:41 AM

Given it's been sunny this weekend, you might find it was the reflection from the car catching the camera, making it look like it flashed?

- Jon

r32 31 May 2004 12:20 PM

As some one already said they dont flash ...............

Chris L 31 May 2004 01:18 PM

Well technically, they do flash - it's just that it is designed not to dazzle the driver because it is front facing. TruVelo's use infra red sensitive film and an infra red flash to enhance the photo where necessary.

Chris

salsa-king 31 May 2004 02:20 PM

get him to buy a B2 then now :) i have one.. you have one :) he needs one

Nat 31 May 2004 04:40 PM

Truvelos DO flash. They have a red tinted lens to avoid flash blinding drivers.