ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/)
-   -   Ecutek Remap/Wallace performance Aberdeen (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/331823-ecutek-remap-wallace-performance-aberdeen.html)

keevster 29 May 2004 03:42 PM

Ecutek Remap/Wallace performance Aberdeen

Probably more related to the scottish guys, but anyone welcome.

Gavin Wallace from Wallace performance Aberdeen has offered a group buy on a Ecutek remap. We need 5 or more people to get this going.

The cost will be £500+Vat. When and if we get the numbers, he is willing to go ahead fairly soon, or people can wait until he gets his Rolling road installed within the next 8 weeks.

just add your name to the list.

Paul.(keevster)

louis d maclennan 29 May 2004 04:02 PM

count me in

i will definately take 1 -i am offshore at present but i will phone wallace performance on wednseday when i get back in to confirm my space
monday morning 5th july would suit me as i will have to travel down from the western isles

keevster 29 May 2004 04:11 PM

1 Paul(Keevster)
2 Louis d maclennon

ROSSCNEW 29 May 2004 05:34 PM

Count me in , I'll wait till the rolling road is set up though, Thanks

simon higgins 29 May 2004 06:07 PM

me 2 :D :D :cool: :D :D

keevster 30 May 2004 05:06 PM

1- Paul (Keevster)
2- louis d maclennan
3- Rosscnew
4- Simon Higgins.

Guys can you give Gavin a call after wednesday and confirm with him. Not sure if he will want some kind of deposit.

Thanks

Paul.

Wallace performance - 01224708444

Spooks 30 May 2004 10:40 PM

Will have to see if I can afford this, is there a closing date on this?
Spooks

Boyakasha 31 May 2004 08:52 AM

Why the hell not, I mean it's only money :D So that makes the magic 5.

PS Can I wait till Gavin gets his rollers going, as I am also going for the Defi Group Buy :D

Marc

1- Paul (Keevster)
2- louis d maclennan
3- Rosscnew
4- Simon Higgins.
5- Marc (Boyakasha).

keevster 31 May 2004 05:52 PM

Right guys now we have the magic 5. obviously more welcome and i am sure Gavin would welcome the business. From what i can gather from Gavin, his rollers are not up in running till 8 weeks from now. I dont think he has a problem with people waiting this long. Personally i need this remap Asap, so i think its best we take it up with Gavin after wednesday, and i am sure he will inform us of a closing date.

I am sure if he gets the promised 5, we could pay some sort of deposit as security, then it will be up to the individual to book there time for the remap.

so hopefully happy faces all round. just think of those extra horses. he he.

1- Paul (keevster)
2- louis d maclennan
3- Rosscnew
4- Simon higgins
5- Boyakasha (Marc).
6- ?? Spooks

louis d maclennan 31 May 2004 09:00 PM

i will phone gavin on thurs+ pay my deposit if reqd

Boyakasha 01 June 2004 07:27 AM

I've spoken with WUS (Russell) and he has said I should just go ahead and get the re-map rather than wait for the RR to be set-up

So I'll catch up with yo when your up here Paul.

keevster 01 June 2004 03:59 PM

No problems Marc, speak to you soon.

Paul

keevster 02 June 2004 06:00 PM

Right guys just a small update. Gavin is now back from his hols. I have told him the position, that we now have the magic 5. He cannot get online at present, as i think his server is down, however i have told him we will all call him individually to arrange our remaps, and if everyone is happy leave a small deposit(gesture of goodwill). I am sure when he's back online he will post some details.

cheers guys

Paul.

keevster 04 June 2004 04:32 PM

1- Paul (Keevster)
2- Louis d maclennan
3- Rosscnew
4- Simon Higgins
5- Marc (Boyakasha).

Anyone spoke to gavin yet?

Paul

simon higgins 05 June 2004 01:19 AM

yes spoke to him yesterday adn i will b going up at the end of this month.
Im geting the ECU +knok link sensor+Ekutec display modual instaled

Im also opting for the switchable program so when the chick is driving she doesn't gey full BOOST :eek: :D

i may go up sooner but u guys will b the first to know :cool:

simon h

keevster 05 June 2004 09:46 PM

Well guys had the ecutek carried out today by gavin. I am certain when you get this done you will be more than happy with it.

impressions-

initially it was hard to determine whether there was a huge increase in power, as i was running 257bhp anyway, so an extra 20bhp would be hard to notice. what i did notice initially was that the car ran smoother and more progressive through the gears. it was all dual carriage way most of the way home so i was only guageing 4rth and 5th gear. 5th gear pulled slightly stronger than before, it is hard to determine when you have been used to a fair bit of power.

But?, forth road bridge had a 60 min delay, so i decided to cut off and head the backroads to stirling. This is where i realised the huge amount of torque the car had, compared to pre remap. overtaking is done with ease even in 4rth gear at 50mph, it pulls quickly up to 80mph. 2nd and 3rd out the bends is really strong, you can feel the full car kick as the throttle is depressed. fuel economy is not as bad as i thought, probably not much worse than usual.

The remap took a total of two hours. Gavin had the laptop on board and he took the car out several times on test runs. the only thing that had to be changed was a little round thingy that has something to do with the boost(dont ask me the name of it, but the standard one was too small).

so all in all, i am very happy with the way the car is performing, and i also feel safer knowing fueling/air is correct.

After all my worry, gavin checked the car out pre-map and stated that the car was not running lean after all. But still went ahead anyway with the remap and i am glad i have, money well spent in my eyes, and i am sure the rest of you's will be too after your remap.

Paul

Boyakasha 08 June 2004 10:32 AM

BTT

WallacePerformance 08 June 2004 02:23 PM

Thanks Paul for the kind words :)

Can I ask something, I've got now a further two booked in. The other two - do you know when you will be booking yourself in?

Gavin

keevster 08 June 2004 08:08 PM

No problems Gavin

more than happy with the outcome, cant wait to get her on the rollers.

Paul

keevster 27 June 2004 01:45 AM

Just wondering if everyone has there remap's sorted yet?

Paul.

ROSSCNEW 06 July 2004 05:59 PM

Mines is booked in for the 14 of aug, Cant wait . Have you still got your car ?

Boyakasha 07 July 2004 09:20 AM

Mine is getting mapped on Saturday :D

I would have liked to have got a Rolling Road so I knew what power I had before and after but Wallace will not have this up and running for at least a couple of weeks.

I'll let you guys know how it goes on Monday.

Marc