ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   wot is a standard exhaust (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/331449-wot-is-a-standard-exhaust.html)

Ver.4 28 May 2004 09:09 AM

wot is a standard exhaust

I have a Sti Type r 98
its come with this big exhaust. the one that most sti's hav when theyre imports.
I need to make it standard so ive got a back box which has a twin tail pipe i think thats off wrx turbo uk.
then i bought a center piece but it doent fit, it has a cat on it but the bends a in the wrong place.
i need something that is more straight like the one i took.
can any one advice or show me some pics of what i need
THANKS

stevie boy 29 May 2004 10:34 AM

i thought all classic's will take an exhaust from another classic,

are you sure its an after market exhaust? STI have a 3" tail pipe standard

i had uk MY00 turbo then fitted a mongoose turbo back system, traded that car for a V6 type r v limited, mongoose went straight on.

stevie

DJ WATTS 29 May 2004 03:11 PM

Why in the hell you would want to change from an upgraded back box is beyond me.
If it is an aftermarket exhaust then it was probobly put on to increase performance of the car and give the car the unique and great sounding burble over the poxy standard item.

Also the WRX exhaust system IS different from STi so why again you are putting a lower grade exhaust on an STi is quite unbelievable!!

To buy a car and detune it is quite frankly insane...

Why not of bought a lower end impreza to start with if you didnt want the power and sound of the STi?

StickyMicky 30 May 2004 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by DJ WATTS
Why in the hell you would want to change from an upgraded back box is beyond me.
If it is an aftermarket exhaust then it was probobly put on to increase performance of the car and give the car the unique and great sounding burble over the poxy standard item.

Also the WRX exhaust system IS different from STi so why again you are putting a lower grade exhaust on an STi is quite unbelievable!!

To buy a car and detune it is quite frankly insane...

Why not of bought a lower end impreza to start with if you didnt want the power and sound of the STi?

maybe he cant get insurance on a modded car???
maybe he needs it 100% non modded to pass sum kind of inspection

the v4 wrx exhaust IMO wouldnt be detuning the sti engine, the v4 wrx runs 276bhp with a touch less torque then the sti model which is more then likely down to the slightly diffrent map and not sum clag on back box trim

IMO

Ver.4 30 May 2004 12:28 AM

i dont want to fit it but i need to fit a standard exhaust for niose and emission test thats why i need to what the factory fitted exhaust is on 98 Sti type r

DJ WATTS 30 May 2004 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Ver.4
i dont want to fit it but i need to fit a standard exhaust for niose and emission test thats why i need to what the factory fitted exhaust is on 98 Sti type r

If its just a back box fitted then it should pass an MOT and emission test no problem at all. ;)

You can always try other MOT centres if you are having trouble.. ;)