ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   How odd..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/331205-how-odd.html)

yoza 27 May 2004 12:19 PM

How odd.....

Watching the News on CHNL4 they played some footage of British soldiers in Iraq. Two soldiers jumped out of their LandRover and walked nerviously toward a young boy who was stood by what looked like a newpaper stand.

The boy was holding a hand gun.

One of the soldiers took the gun off the boy, then waved to his mate with a smile on his face and gestured that it was a toy.

Then gave the toy gun back to the lad, and patted him on the head. :eek:

Now then, the way I see it he should have took the toy away, for the boys sake, and for the sake of any other soldiers that happen to pass this lad.

If it was an American patrol I think the boy, several bystanders, the newspaper stand, a couple of large buildings, and a battallion of British soldiers would have been vaped.....

What do you think ?

jasey 27 May 2004 12:22 PM

Should have sent him to heaven with his virgins before he got a chance to get a real one.

Before anyone else says it ;):D

Jamo 27 May 2004 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by jasey
Should have sent him to heaven with his virgins before he got a chance to get a real one.

Before anyone else says it ;):D

thats sick.

its a child your talking about. pull your head out of your arse.

james

Audi-Boy 27 May 2004 12:35 PM

Brainwashed children?

Treat them exactly the same, I wouldn't trust them with a plastic spoon.

jasey 27 May 2004 12:37 PM

No that's humour :p

andypugh2000 27 May 2004 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Audi-Boy
Brainwashed children?

Treat them exactly the same, I wouldn't trust them with a plastic spoon.

Thats rich coming from you chaos :D

mart360 27 May 2004 12:53 PM

given that the yanks will have a full swat team mobilised for approaching the check in desk with an action man and his a2.5 inch replica smg under his arm, i would say the kid got off lightly!!!

i would have had his gun away though,,,,,,

you can see it coming ....

" oh Look theres littte (named deleted to protect the innocent) whith his toy gun"

private xxxx go and see if he,s allright today....

bang bang,

one dead private!!!!!

Mart

Jerome 27 May 2004 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by yoza
If it was an American patrol I think the boy, several bystanders, the newspaper stand, a couple of large buildings, and a battallion of British soldiers would have been vaped.....

LOL, how true :D

But, given that just about every adult male in Iraq has a weapon (often an AK47), it would seem a bit excessive to confiscate a toy gun. It could well go down quite badly with the locals - something everyone should be keen to avoid.

Kids are often found with unexploded ordnance as well.

The trick is just to be very cautious out there.