ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   price for fitting clutch..? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/330828-price-for-fitting-clutch.html)

ScoobyDoo69 25 May 2004 11:56 PM

price for fitting clutch..?

lately my clutch has been pretty stinky (showing it needs changing??) so i was wondering how much would it cost for a clutch and bearing to be fit? preferably an AP organic clutch with the sti bearing would be good, as the car isnt standard. cheers

ScoobyDoo69

911 26 May 2004 06:59 AM

Depends where you are in the country, but the most excellent AP Organic with new thrust will be about £450 (shop around) and the labour is about 5 hours, so @ £40/hr = £200.
I think you will get a better deal if the people you buy the AP from fit it also.

Great clutch!

Dodge 26 May 2004 07:05 PM

My clutch has started to slip, as well as judder, now, so I'm off to have it replaced with an AP organic style jobby at API Engines next week.

Having shopped around, it seems they sell a better clutch for a better price than most people sell the std item for.

Entertainingly, a local non-scooby garage quoted £1250 for a std jobby without a new flywheel! I had to decline that kind offer, though.

JOHNSTI 26 May 2004 08:08 PM

Im having a new standerd clutch fitted in two week along with uprated pump, reg and gauge £500 all in :)

D4V3 27 May 2004 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge
My clutch has started to slip, as well as judder, now, so I'm off to have it replaced with an AP organic style jobby at API Engines next week.

Dodge

My Clutch is also on its way out and i was going to call API Engines, What was the price they quoted for the Job. Just wondering was i was expecting to pay.

Cheers
Dave

Richard Askew 27 May 2004 10:49 AM

scoobyclinic

RLE 27 May 2004 05:20 PM

Yep Jap Innovations supplied AP clutch £350.00 plus bearing (50.00) and charged five hours labour. Also had new lightened pulleys and turbo fitted along with oil and coolant change for £1200.00 all in.

weis101 29 May 2004 04:04 PM

i had a ap organic clutch fitted at power engineering and it was about the £1100 mark all in - very good people to deal with, had no problems
www.powerengineering.co.uk

weis 101

APIDavid 29 May 2004 07:35 PM

[QUOTE=weis101]i had a ap organic clutch fitted at power engineering and it was about the £1100 mark all in :eek: :eek:

APIDavid 29 May 2004 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by D4V3
Dodge

My Clutch is also on its way out and i was going to call API Engines, What was the price they quoted for the Job. Just wondering was i was expecting to pay.

Cheers
Dave

A LOT less than weis101 !!

David;)

drb5 29 May 2004 07:59 PM

david

maybe you could explian for me....i live 20 miles north of glasgow and have seen your site and adverts which i'm sure both say API is in hamilton, is this true, or am i just being silly?:D

ps:sorry for the hijack:)

ScoobyDoo69 29 May 2004 11:38 PM

£1100?!? you're kidding right? APIDavid is this price you're talking about an AP organic clutch, with bearing and fitting?
cheers

ScoobyDoo69

greasemonkey 30 May 2004 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by weis101
i had a ap organic clutch fitted at power engineering and it was about the £1100 mark all in - very good people to deal with, had no problems

Cough. £1100? Did they offer to wipe your bum for you when you went to the toilet? I wouldn't expect anything less for that sort of money.

David, I think you and I are in the wrong business! :D

stevebt 30 May 2004 07:22 AM

i had a service an RA gearset fitted and a new 400 bhp clutch all done at a local garage for £1100

alanbell 30 May 2004 09:50 AM

I had a AP cluth supplied and fitted and gearbox ,diff fitted £750 all in , ALAN.

APIDavid 30 May 2004 08:09 PM

I've bought and sold CARS for £1100 !!! :D

Not Subaru I hasten to add.

David

Dodge 07 June 2004 10:23 PM

Quick Update:

I am now the proud owner of a shiny new Exidy (sp?) Clutch, as supplied and fitted by APIDavid.

As somebody else on here said - its an amazing improvement on my old one. Of course, it doesn't slip, and with a replacement flywheel, it doesn't JUDDER :) as well you might expect, BUT, it has a very precise feel, and really is much, much lighter to use, i.e. quite pleasant - I no longer have to brace myself to change gear.

Oddly, and this is probably psychosomatic, the whole car seems to run more smoothly, so I'm most pleased.

David - thanks again for fitting my troublesome Cat in on a Saturday - much appreciated.

Now I just have to get used to driving a car with a clutch biting point again. A very odd feeling...

ScoobyDoo69 07 June 2004 10:25 PM

how much did this cost you then?

ScoobyDoo69

APIDavid 08 June 2004 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by drb5
david

maybe you could explian for me....i live 20 miles north of glasgow and have seen your site and adverts which i'm sure both say API is in hamilton, is this true, or am i just being silly?:D

ps:sorry for the hijack:)

drb5 Sorry missed this 1st time around. We had a presence in Bellshill by the Strathclyde business park. But I figured my loyal staff were ripping me off and doing homers during my time. As I was 350 miles away in Warwickshire I wasn't able to 'pop' in and catch them at it. So I shut it down and let them do their own thing without the support of my wages too. They lasted less than 4 weeks I'm happy to say.

So now it's Warwickshire or nothing for hands on stuff and of course mail order anywhere, anytime. If we can help you call us.

Good Luck David