ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   CTR Suspension problems? (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/329410-ctr-suspension-problems.html)

super_si 20 May 2004 09:22 PM

CTR Suspension problems?

Anyone else being told there is something up with the rear passenger arm?

Got told this yesterday seems to be a common design fault, but honda's playing dumb about it. Even though another garage told us about it

Si

steve_g 20 May 2004 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by super_si

Got told this yesterday seems to be a common design fault, but honda's playing dumb about it. Even though another garage told us about it

Si

I had the problem just before I got rid of my CTR. I had both upper, rear suspension arms replaced under warranty to due premature rear tyre wear. They were bald on the inside inch or so whilst the remainder of the tyre had 5-6mm.

There is a Honda Technical bulletin on it that all dealerships will have been sent. Be firm and don't let them fob you off.

B0DSKI 21 May 2004 07:37 AM

My CTR went in to have thr rear nearside wheel bearing done under Warrenty, when i went to pick it up the mentioned that the rear tyres were wearing on the inside edge, but only suggested a full Geometry check, never mentioned Suspension arms! Sounds like they might be tryin to fob me off?

davedipster 21 May 2004 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by super_si

Si

Honda did release a suspension mod for affected cars, this was a different length suspension arm to make up for the poor manufacture tolerances.
Shocking really.

what would scooby do 21 May 2004 01:47 PM

any idea what model years where affected ??

The Magnet 21 May 2004 01:55 PM

Should be easily rectified with a new arm and under warranty. My local dealer was as good as gold, carried out a geometry check to confirm if the suspension was outside of the Honda specified tolerances, it was so they replaced it. I also replaced all 4 tyres at the same time. Depending on the amount of wear to your tyres Honda will contribute towards the replacement cost on a sliding scale.

The Magnet 21 May 2004 01:58 PM

Oh yes, needless to say it has transformed the handling and eliminated any pulling or tramlining.

super_si 23 May 2004 08:54 PM

Our local dealer is ****e. Putting in a big complain. They ****ed up wheels wednesday. Took then 1 1/2 hours to take 1 wheel off then another 45mins to tell him they'd **** up his wheel good style! Then wont change the arm on the suspension because hes done too many miles. ****ing clowns they are

Si