ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Large CASH reward for recovery of stolen RS2k Mk2 X -Pack!!! **UPDATED** (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/328327-large-cash-reward-for-recovery-of-stolen-rs2k-mk2-x-pack-updated.html)

47 NAT 17 May 2004 01:06 PM

Large CASH reward for recovery of stolen RS2k Mk2 X -Pack!!! **UPDATED**

I hope I got the right section?

I hope you guys dont mind me posting this on here?

Sometime between Friday and today my car has been stolen by some scrote It was in a lock up garage in Bracknell, nr Birch Hill. They have some how managed to cut off 2 big feck off padlocks either side and one at the bottom off the garage door. They managed to do this with no-one hearing nor seeing anything at all .....

The spec is as follows:

P reg (I cant remember full reg numbet at the moment), Mk2 RS2000 in Red (no vinyl nor sunroof). It has a full red roll cage and brand new minilites with new yoko tyres (done no mileage at all). It has just had fitted inside full leather recaros and rear leather seats as well as the door cards, as well as new carpets, roof lining, etc, etc

The spec under the bonnet is a 2.1 with twin 48's, ashley exhaust (brand new).

It has the x-pack and the nose cone.

This has really fecked me off as you can imagine and I am willing to offer a four figure reward for the recovery of the car and the culprits involved!

Please feel free to post this on as many car related BB's as possible!

To say I'm gutted is an under statement!

Nath

streetbeats 17 May 2004 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by 47 NAT
I hope I got the right section?

I hope you guys dont mind me posting this on here?

Sometime between Friday and today my car has been stolen by some scrote It was in a lock up garage in Bracknell, nr Birch Hill. They have some how managed to cut off 2 big feck off padlocks either side and one at the bottom off the garage door. They managed to do this with no-one hearing nor seeing anything at all .....

The spec is as follows:

P reg (I cant remember full reg numbet at the moment), Mk2 RS2000 in Red (no vinyl nor sunroof). It has a full red roll cage and brand new minilites with new yoko tyres (done no mileage at all). It has just had fitted inside full leather recaros and rear leather seats as well as the door cards, as well as new carpets, roof lining, etc, etc

The spec under the bonnet is a 2.1 with twin 48's, ashley exhaust (brand new).

It has the x-pack and the nose cone.

This has really fecked me off as you can imagine and I am willing to offer a four figure reward for the recovery of the car and the culprits involved!

Please feel free to post this on as many car related BB's as possible!

To say I'm gutted is an under statement!

Nath

Sorry to hear that. W**kers.....
I guess it wont be anywhere local by now, but I'm in Woki and if I see it, I'll follow it......

mik 17 May 2004 01:45 PM

I'll spread it over a few boards, but the reggie number would be good to have. (even the majority of it if you don't want to post the whole thing) :)

Paulo P 17 May 2004 01:49 PM

I saw this on passionford but didn't realise it was yours :eek:

GaryK 17 May 2004 02:00 PM

Nath,
sorry to hear that, rs2s are top motors, they wouldnt be dumb enough to sell it as whole car though or would they? Keep a close eye out on ebay if I were you for parts.

good luck

Gary

Paulo P 17 May 2004 02:08 PM

Nath

Get some photos up ;) I'll pass 'em around my mates then ;) Even if you only have them on email send them over. We are all local so may see or hear something.

paul.palmer@telewest.co.uk

I would like to give you all the "nice cars" comments but it just wouldn't help now :(

17 May 2004 03:54 PM

I'll spread it over a few boards, but the reggie number would be good to have. (even the majority of it if you don't want to post the whole thing)

Surely it wouldnt matter now if he posted full plate up as they obviously know where he kept it. Full reg would be good but i have a feeling it wont be on the original plates by now :(
Again post pics up if you can might give people idea of what to look for

248SPG 17 May 2004 04:27 PM

Its a slim chance I know but I will keep an eye out as I will be driving around that area a bit tonight.

Sorry to hear it though and hope the feckers get whats coming to them :(

Steve

17 May 2004 04:30 PM

Hospitalised,snapped fingers, 2 broken legs a broken arm, fractured skull, 2 black eyes a bloody nose and a thick lip?

Or is that just my wishful thinking.
Tams

248SPG 17 May 2004 04:32 PM

Doesnt sound painful enough to me

17 May 2004 04:34 PM

I was being ladylike ;)

Poor Guy 17 May 2004 05:59 PM

ill be lookin up north up north

djuk 17 May 2004 06:21 PM

That is really sh1te and worryingly close to home, I live on birch hill road in Bracknell!

RRH 17 May 2004 08:00 PM

Gutted m8:(

Would have thought this would be an unusual thing to nick- I wouldn't imagine it would be easy to get hold of with them being exceptionally rare now.

Hop they realise this, give it a wash and polish, and give it back. B astards:mad:

47 NAT 18 May 2004 08:02 AM

Thanks guys!

Unfortunetly I dont have any pictures of the car :(

Nath

AndyC_772 18 May 2004 08:31 AM

There's quite a few red RS2000 photos if you do a Google Image search

Good luck getting the car back :(

Brendan Hughes 18 May 2004 09:28 AM

Considering how rare the car is and how much trouble they went to get it, that sounds like a bit of an inside job to me. :(

47 NAT 20 May 2004 06:57 PM

Still no news :(

micared 20 May 2004 07:50 PM

Try putting a parts wanted ad in the local autotrader for RS2000 bits. Nothing too specific, just general, so as not to give the game away. They're probably too smart to fall for this, but you might get lucky, and an ad isn't expensive. If you can, try and arrange for your local newsagent to order in autotraders from surrounding areas for a few weeks......if they break it, you may see some parts you recognise. Best of luck, it's a sh1t thing to have happen.

Poor Guy 20 May 2004 11:07 PM

not found yet. :( gutted.

Redkop 21 May 2004 12:18 AM

Sorry to hear that Nath :( Meant to post on PF and say so....sorry

47 NAT 22 May 2004 11:15 AM

Right, there is some good news

We've found the culprit who nicked the car ...Its amazing what a cash reward does and what it can do to prompt peoples memories!!!!

I cant say anymore at the moment so watch this space .........

Nath

Brun 22 May 2004 11:38 AM

Brun - space watching :)

J4CKO 22 May 2004 03:46 PM

We've found the culprit who nicked the car

Hmm, will anybody find him though ?

Not condoning violence but one night as a 16 year old delivering papers on a rough estate (pink final, football paper), came across a scene and recognised some 'heads' having a frank discussion with two lads who had apparently been caught breaking into one of these nutters cars (a 2.3 Ghia Cortina, was a good while ago). I lurked in the shadows down an alleyway, could have gone back but I was transfixed, forwards wasnt an option at that point so I hung on, one lad tried to leg it and got tackled, the other took a lucky swing at the biggest nutter and got him a belter but hung around admiring his handiwork and got knocked down. the guy who had been hit sparked him out with several punches to the head, not a film this, the guy sat on the kerb and was then pinned down whilst his lower leg was arranged on the kerb and stamped on until it broke, I heard it go, I nearly brought my chips and gravy up. Now thats justice for car thiefs, the Police never got involved and I went back the way I came, stunned.

micared 22 May 2004 04:43 PM

If this is going to go the way I would expect, I suggest you pre-arrange yourself an alibi with someone who won't be intimidated by the inevitable police involvement.....and if it does come back to you afterwards, make sure it looks like you were defending yourself whilst being attacked. Had some experience of this type of thing, unfortunately.