ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   what is the loudest impreza exhaust? (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/328008-what-is-the-loudest-impreza-exhaust.html)

skylinegtr 16 May 2004 10:20 AM

what is the loudest impreza exhaust?

i bought an sti the other day and it has a 4" straight throuugh BLUE FLAME exhaust.this has to be the loudest exhaust ive ever heard! :eek: ive had gtrs etc but nothing comes close to this.its louder than a tvr.so much so that i may have to change it.does anybody rate these exhausts?what is the best exhaust on the market for an sti?

chris

sti-04!! 16 May 2004 10:24 AM

Blitz nur spec r IMHO:D

andypugh2000 16 May 2004 10:24 AM

Probably the loudest is Blitz Nur Spec or the Twister :D

drb5 16 May 2004 10:25 AM

or mine:D

scoobynutta555 16 May 2004 12:48 PM

the one i have now is the loudest ihave owned, a blitz nur spec R with de cat

I have had previously a scorpion, mongoose and scoobysport. the scorpion comes close.

sti-04!! 16 May 2004 01:33 PM

can u get a blitz decat pipe for the downpipe ???

scoobynutta555 16 May 2004 01:40 PM

Dunno if u can get a blitz downpipe, ive kept the scoobysport downpipe on mine, it fits

Kendo 16 May 2004 03:44 PM

I thought the loudest was the Buddy Club exhaust ?

Keigo 16 May 2004 03:54 PM

My exhaust is straight through light weight titanium, made for JDRA (Japanese Drag Racing Association), and it's louder than Blitz, or any other Scoobies I've heard :) Haven't measured the db, so can't be definite, though.

MAFFA 16 May 2004 04:42 PM

Buddy Club without a doubt. If you don't believe me speak to BL as his is outrageous!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Saying that the loudness of my girlfriends scoob with the engine build & a Hayward & Scott Aftyerburner is a real neighbour annoyer :D:D LOL Got in mine with a full Scoobymania after driving hers & it sounded like I was driving a Rolls Royce or something equally as quiet :D:D LOL

MAFFA

Ch!lledBudwei2er 16 May 2004 04:55 PM

I had a buddyclub on mine, you cant belive how loud this exhasut is without hearing it on the flesh, heard a lot of exhasut now and this one is another level. Was a nice loud at idle but going through the revs it sounded like a spitfire, and going up a hill was embarassing, took it off the car the day after.

John WRX 16 May 2004 07:37 PM

Mine i think :D Chilledbudweiser will vouch for me ;) lol

Ch!lledBudwei2er 16 May 2004 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by John WRX
Mine i think :D Chilledbudweiser will vouch for me ;) lol

YOU WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT?

Oh lordy driving behind John, and all of a sudden the british army lock and load a wepon of mass destruction, so of course I duck for cover.

Turned out to be Johns exhaust popping and flaming in front of me :o

That exhasut isnt rude loud, but damn cool loud.

DaveBlueRA 16 May 2004 07:49 PM

Mine :D

Fujamitsu from downpipe back then a custom downpipe

When its on the drive it shakes the house on tickover

John WRX 16 May 2004 08:06 PM

lol, whats the decibel rating matey??

Mine was tested at 115 on tickover

fliptron 16 May 2004 08:54 PM

loudest exhaust

i think its got to be the buddy club, well loud.

BedHog 16 May 2004 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by John WRX
lol, whats the decibel rating matey??

Mine was tested at 115 on tickover

130dB - Jack Hammer (at 5ft)
120dB - Loud Rock Music (Also the pain threshold)
110dB - Riveter or a Heavy Truck at 50ft
100dB - Very Loud Classical Music
90dB - Heavy Traffic (at 5ft)
80dB - Heavy Traffic (at 40ft)
70dB - Department Store or a Noisy Office
60dB - Quiet Residential Street or background music
50dB - Light Traffic or an Average Residence
40dB - Very Soft Music
30dB - Quiet Auditorium
20dB - Faint Whisper (at 5ft)
10dB - Leaves rustling or a soundproof room / anechoic chamber

Quote from a race bike website

After 6000 revs, the CBR's 2nd injector kicks in and then the Micron takes on a whole new lease of life. Gone is the deep burble to be replaced by a noise very akin to the latest Moto GP bikes - it's a real roaring noise. It's louder than a raspy exhaust note. Until you've heard it, you've never heard anything like it. It'll make the ears bleed of the rider behind you. All from a 600. Micron rate the Beta race can at 110db and it sounds like it.
Thats a 'Race Can' - basically no baffles - just a straight through pipe....
And yours is louder than that on tickover??? wow

billythekid 16 May 2004 11:13 PM

The standard way to test the noise is with a meter at 45 deg angle @ 2m distance @ 3/4 revs. My loudest is 104dB (race car engine) - which is rather loud so 115dB at tickover - not sure thats possible unless you are running straight headers.

Spoon 17 May 2004 10:33 AM

Nothing like converting it back to standard minus the cat/s though.

What a hoot accelerating passed vehicles and having a blast on your own without bringing birds out of the sky and attracting unwanted attention a mile before arriving anywhere.

Stealth is the new noise.

Johnny50 17 May 2004 12:18 PM

Have to agree with Spoon.
Since i went to equal headers, i then changed to an H&S system and BB, it's real quiet...bliss compared to my Nur Spec R that was on before ! :D

EddScott 17 May 2004 12:20 PM

My de-cat system is part Magnex, Part Miltek and although its not very loud its cruising drone can be quite intrusive. How do you guys cope with Nur Spec etc? I'd love a loud exhuast to upset the neighbours (can't stand the lot of them!) but don't want to deffen the nipper.

M0NEY 17 May 2004 05:28 PM

Blitz Nur Spec R with Scoobysport downpipe was roughly recorded at 118db - pure mental.

HKS full decat and Firestorm was 103 and 112db (cant remember which one which).

Buddy Club is *supposed* to be the loudest. However, went to Bl's and i have full blitz and he had Buddyclub and he was pretty shocked that Buddy Club wasnt as loud as its meant to be. Couldnt tell which was the loudest but lets say he wanted to see his Buddy Club and get another exhaust. lol

UHF 17 May 2004 06:46 PM

I got 116db from a recently calibrated SPL meter at the Xtreme Scoobies Rolling road day, 99 UK Turbo with a full decat and a firestorm, that was peak.

I'm not quite sure how you can get 115db on idle to be honest.

scoobynutta555 17 May 2004 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by M0NEY
Blitz Nur Spec R with Scoobysport downpipe was roughly recorded at 118db - pure mental.

HKS full decat and Firestorm was 103 and 112db (cant remember which one which).

Buddy Club is *supposed* to be the loudest. However, went to Bl's and i have full blitz and he had Buddyclub and he was pretty shocked that Buddy Club wasnt as loud as its meant to be. Couldnt tell which was the loudest but lets say he wanted to see his Buddy Club and get another exhaust. lol

I thought the Blitz was very loud. I seem to be used to it now, but for the first few minutes I was considering on changing back to the full scoobysport. That all changed when i got home, 3 car alarms set off in 2 miles ;)

Never heard of a buddy exhaust, sounds a bit poofy :D

John WRX 17 May 2004 06:54 PM

115 wasnt measured at 45 degrees, was straight next to the pipe.

v5 man 17 May 2004 08:17 PM

I can only tell you that my Blitz Nur spec and full decat is `kin louder than most i`ve heard. even louder on a warm day for some reason.

andypugh2000 17 May 2004 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by v5 man
I can only tell you that my Blitz Nur spec and full decat is `kin louder than most i`ve heard. even louder on a warm day for some reason.

Watching the power engineering vids in the southern section it was bloody loud cliff :D

Bash0rz 17 May 2004 09:01 PM

lets hear these zorsts in action! :P

Trout 17 May 2004 10:33 PM

At Prosport mine hit 127dB at 4m and then the SPL meter broke. This was before the revs peaked!

It is a custom straight through system. It is fairly noisy! :eek:

MAFFA 17 May 2004 10:45 PM

Rannoch. Do you think there will be a db reader at the Scooby Shoot Out as i'd love to know what ours is putting out as it's silly loud? :D LOL

MAFFA