ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   New tyre's for Honda Civic Type R (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/327589-new-tyres-for-honda-civic-type-r.html)

princessyin 14 May 2004 11:58 AM

New tyre's for Honda Civic Type R

Looking to get new tyres and been told to go for Yokohamo or Toyo Proxes. What do you guys recommend?

Cocker 14 May 2004 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by princessyin
Looking to get new tyres and been told to go for Yokohamo or Toyo Proxes. What do you guys recommend?

Hi, i own a CTR. If you want value for money tyres go for Federals - around £50-£60 a corner

Toyo's are good but very soft. THe bridgestones are good as they have a hard tyre wall but suffers alot with road noise. Eagles have also been recommended

Down to personal choice!!!!!

DJ Dunk 14 May 2004 04:02 PM

I went for the Toyo Proxes. Around £300 for a set of 4 from mytyres.co.uk

The CTR needs soft tyres, the Bridgestones were cr@p in the wet and not much better in the dry.

The Magnet 14 May 2004 05:34 PM

I cannot believe the difference with the Toyo's. I switched all 4 a few months ago. Much quieter than the Bridgestones, however due to the softer side wall you do lose a bit of the direct turn in. The wet grip and general traction make up for this however.

Rich D 14 May 2004 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cocker
Hi, i own a CTR. If you want value for money tyres go for Federals - around £50-£60 a corner

Agreed, got these on mine...

They are actually 215/40's rather than 205/45's and are about 1/2 the price of the originals.

Plus, they give you a slightly wider footprint on the road, the ride quality is improved and they fill the rim better, so protect from kerbing!

Get them from Top Gear in Burnley, go to www.topgear2.com

B0DSKI 14 May 2004 06:00 PM

I Put Goodyear Eagle f1's on my CTR and it totally transformed the wet weather handling, much more positive turn in and none of that sudden understear the Bridgstone's seemed to have. Only downside is they only come in 205/40/z17 so the wheels don't seem to quite fill the arches as well!

Rich D 14 May 2004 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by B0DSKI
I Put Goodyear Eagle f1's on my CTR and it totally transformed the wet weather handling,

As they would on any car...

The Goodyear Eagle F1's are one of (if not) the best wet weather tyres ever!

TonyBurns 14 May 2004 07:18 PM

Rich, nice to see your still around :D

Hows the ctr going? better than the cup?? ;)

Tony:D

Rich D 15 May 2004 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Rich, nice to see your still around :D

Hows the ctr going? better than the cup?? ;)

Yup, still here Tony! ;)

As for the CTR vs Cup thing, they are both great cars and I loved the Cup, but the CTR is quicker, it's a larger & more refined car, it's built sooo much better and will hold it's money better in the long term.

How's your mental thing going?! :D

TonyBurns 16 May 2004 03:51 PM

Covered in dead flies at the moment :( so ill have to go out and clean her again :D

Tony:D

Rich D 16 May 2004 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Covered in dead flies at the moment :( so ill have to go out and clean her again :D

Snap... it's like a dead fly magnet!!! :rolleyes: