ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Was there a special Senna edition of the NSX?..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/327568-was-there-a-special-senna-edition-of-the-nsx.html)

papascooby 14 May 2004 10:52 AM

Was there a special Senna edition of the NSX?.....

I saw one today, looked old(ish) but in perfect condition. It saia Senna on the back and had his trademark swirly S.

anyone any clue?

It's registration was NSX 1 :)

Reffro 14 May 2004 11:03 AM

Not that I was aware of, the only Senna vehicles I've seen are the Ducati and MV motorbikes.

MattOz 14 May 2004 11:05 AM

Nope. Never a Senna edition. Very nice car though. I do so want a Type R! :D Wouldn't have a UK version though because of the horrible airbag wheel! Show me the Momo!

Matt

what would scooby do 14 May 2004 11:12 AM

Wouldn't have a UK version though because of the horrible airbag wheel
aye but I'd bet Senna would like it ;)

The Zohan 14 May 2004 11:12 AM

I seem to remember reading in C&S (i think) that Senna did a lot of development work on the cars suspension as a test driver/advisor. Not sure about a Senna edition though.

Blow Dog 14 May 2004 11:24 AM

I understand Sennas involvement in honing the car was only on the original car that came out over 10 years ago.

Cem

bobfrog1 14 May 2004 12:01 PM

I know a few F1 cars had a mark of respect on the aniversary of Senna's death, maybe the owner of the NSX wasing doing a similar thing?

Ch!lledBudwei2er 14 May 2004 01:02 PM

Ah that would be Dale, took some track shots for him when he was on Ty Croes track, heres one for you:

http://www.rhodribaker.zen.co.uk/NSX1/Untitled-1.jpg

Ill only link it as its around 500k

NiteskyR 14 May 2004 03:47 PM

Yes there was a Senna NSX , very rare

papascooby 14 May 2004 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by NiteskyR
Yes there was a Senna NSX , very rare

yeah, that's what I heard today from a guy at work

but does anyone know anything about it?

I beleive Senna had a fair bit of input into the original NSX, from design stages through to his extensive testing and tweaking :)

Chris L 14 May 2004 09:04 PM

I can't find any info on it, but I do remember something about a Senna edition. Anyway, any car good enough for Senna and Gordon Murray is good enough for me :)

Chris

Nat 14 May 2004 09:10 PM

The NSX was honed, and setup with Senna's input to make it the perfect handling car according to him. However...Only the first 950 or 1500 (cant remember which) NSXs made had the suspension/handling setup that Senna helped design. Later cars were changed for some reason and dont handle as well.

gareth123 14 May 2004 09:13 PM

IIRC the first batch ate tyres at an alarming rate, so they changed the settings.

jbryant 14 May 2004 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by papascooby
I saw one today, looked old(ish) but in perfect condition. It saia Senna on the back and had his trademark swirly S.

anyone any clue?

It's registration was NSX 1 :)

Keep seeing that same motor around my way, though not clocked the Senna markings. Very Nice indeed :D

Joolz

RRH 14 May 2004 11:36 PM

Yep, Dales old car.
Just notified him of the thread so sure he'll be here soon with the info....

Harry_Boy 15 May 2004 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by gareth123
IIRC the first batch ate tyres at an alarming rate, so they changed the settings.

Believe they still do.... AFAIR Senna did a good amount of dev work on the suspension, although I don't specifically recall a Senna edition. The Type-R stylee is a different fish kettle of course..... :D

Now, TAG Heuer DID do a Senna edition.....;)

ALi-B 15 May 2004 02:29 AM

Yes they All eat tyres...plus the tyres are bespoke and designed specifically for the NSX

So obviously not cheap either...and a right bitch to get off the rim too without 3 people leaning on the tyre changer with lever bars.

47 NAT 15 May 2004 08:16 AM

Believe it or not I saw the same car yesterday when I was stuck at temp traffic lights by the Black Boy pub on the Shinfiled Rd. The car stuck out first because of the rarity, then I saw the reg number :cool: Lovely looking car and looked very clean ....

Nath

Type R 15 May 2004 08:27 AM

If it was the NSX Dale kindly let me take for a drive to MK in, it is not a Senna. Silver IIRC, lurvley noise.

There was a ltd run of cars made with the Italic esque styled S down the side, very very rare.

DaleEVO V 15 May 2004 11:29 AM

Hi All

It is not a Senna a mate of mine who does the Graphics on my racecar always wanted to put the Senna Logo on a NSX.

The NSX was designed by Ayton Senna and the handling was the main thing he did.

The car was modified with a Mugun front & rear spoiler and Bilstein suspension and lowered.
The wheels where also changed it was a wonderful car and I would have one again.

I also then added the plate NSX 1 that added a bit more to the car.

http://www.monsterevo.co.uk/NSX/NSX%201/

Dale Ex NSX 1 owner

papascooby 15 May 2004 01:35 PM

small world eh - couple of people seen it others been in it and an ex-owner

Type R 15 May 2004 02:52 PM

Dale hope you are well.

If you are ever down here again let me know.

DaleEVO V 15 May 2004 06:17 PM

Just need to replace the NSX with something now not sure what yet?
I will let you know when I am down next, working at the Motorshow at the NEC if you are around give me a call:)

Type R 17 May 2004 08:06 AM

Dale which part of the motorshow?

How's Chris havent spoken to him ages?

DaleEVO V 18 May 2004 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Type R
Dale which part of the motorshow?

I am instructing for Hyundai on the test track

How's Chris havent spoken to him ages?

Not sure I have not seen or heard from him last few weeks maybe sunning himself:)

Catch up with you soon

I do miss my NSX

Robbied 18 May 2004 09:51 PM

A japanese guy i work with has one. he worked on the development of the NSX whilst working for honda back in the day in japan. its mint and i mean mint, one previous owner being Ayrton Senna DeSilver. it gets a run to work once in a while and has next to no miles on it. the log book is a sight to behold

248SPG 18 May 2004 11:08 PM

And another sighting :D

I also saw this car in REading town centre on Saturday.

It was absolutely mint and was turning every head on the street that walked past it.

Steve