ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   NEW WR1 TODAY (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/327218-new-wr1-today.html)

gmj_wr1 12 May 2004 10:50 PM

NEW WR1 TODAY

Picked up my wr1 today,done 90 miles,over the f@ckin moon,looks the bollocks,sounds the bollocks,and drives the bollocks,well worth the wait and the messing about,can tell its gonna be awsome when run in.Going back out ta ra. gmj

Jasoon 12 May 2004 11:38 PM

Cool Mate

When you going to take some photos so we can all see it... :)

SCD Simon 12 May 2004 11:43 PM

Hope you enjoy for many years M8
as he says going green with envy :)
Simon

mikehunt 13 May 2004 02:37 AM

WR1= Petter Solberg special in EU - same thing?

Originally Posted by SCD Simon
Hope you enjoy for many years M8
as he says going green with envy :)
Simon

I live in Italy and am eligible for 1 of the 200 "Solberg specials" (as they are called here). However, from what I can work out, the spec seems to be considerably inferior to the UK destined models which have the benefit of some Prodrive additional fettling. Can anyone advise if this is still a good buy at 42000 euros (= £30k in old money) Obviously I need a left hooker for the Italian market, and warranty, local servicing etc is also important. Too many models to choose from for a rookie scooby wannabe!

Mike

wrxmania 13 May 2004 02:44 PM

At 30k the Solberg is VERY poor value compared to the WR1!

Ice Man - WR1 13 May 2004 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by gmj_wr1
Picked up my wr1 today,done 90 miles,over the f@ckin moon,looks the bollocks,sounds the bollocks,and drives the bollocks,well worth the wait and the messing about,can tell its gonna be awsome when run in.Going back out ta ra. gmj

Nice one, pick my car up on Saturday arrived at dealer today went to have a look this evening if it drives as good as it looks I will be delighted.

gmj_wr1 13 May 2004 11:36 PM

Hello Iceman,you will be well happy saturday so will everyone else when they get theirs.The car just feels so sorted and willing to go.I was getting pissed off with all the negative victor meldrew threads mostly from people who had never driven the car,when you drive it you will know youre alive,by the way I sitting at a red light on west derby rd lpool about 45 mins ago and a car bomb went off 100 yards in front of me if the lights would have been green who knows,trippy or what?.

WR1 Ant 13 May 2004 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by gmj_wr1

Dito.... picked mine up today and I agree with above 100%

WR1 14 May 2004 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by WR1 Ant
Dito.... picked mine up today and I agree with above 100%

I'm all signed up, finance and trade in agreed and just waiting on the car now. Can't wait :D

Dealer reckons should get the car in 7 to 10 days though I know it could take a bit longer. Counting the days now... :)

P1_BEN 14 May 2004 08:05 AM

Same here...!!! :) Hope to get mine by the bank holiday weekend...!!!!!!

I'm all signed up, finance and trade in agreed and just waiting on the car now. Can't wait

Dealer reckons should get the car in 7 to 10 days though I know it could take a bit longer. Counting the days now..

WR1 Bro 14 May 2004 08:16 AM

Lucky kucky boys. Mine was due on 18 May. Found out yesterday that it will not be registered until beginning of June. Can't wait to get it run in!

Clive the Brave 14 May 2004 12:35 PM

I guys' and fellow WR1 owners.
It's been now 2 weeks, just over since I've had my WR1.
The first 1000k, running her in, but last Sat she had her first service and
CLUCKING hell guys............................... could you believe that things just get better and better.

The grim factor is there all the time :>))))))))))))))))

Once everyone has got their car we should all arrange a little jam iof w can

Clive

bluto22b 14 May 2004 08:34 PM

A car bomb? Are you sure it wasn't a VW Beetle backfiring? C'mon ellaborate on this newsworthy event. Funny how its not appeared as a newsflash on the BBC or are you smoking magic mushrooms whilst driving :rolleyes:

gmj_wr1 14 May 2004 10:48 PM

Hi Bluto, no **** about that bomb its been on N.West news and front page Lpool echo Ive never seen anything like it before the ground shook followed by a f@cking big fire ball if the lights would have been green I would have been toast all that was left was the engine block it was heard up to 4 mile away miracle no one hurt.

Harry_Boy 15 May 2004 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by bluto22b
A car bomb? Are you sure it wasn't a VW Beetle backfiring? C'mon ellaborate on this newsworthy event. Funny how its not appeared as a newsflash on the BBC or are you smoking magic mushrooms whilst driving :rolleyes:

More about the "car bomb" Blutes....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/3713317.stm

Blobster 15 May 2004 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Clive the Brave
The grim factor is there all the time :>))))))))))))))))

The Grim factor. Please god nooooo. ;)

Just got the nod that my WR1 is now at the dealer:D but I can't get the time off work to collect til a week thursday. :( Now that's a GRIM factor. :(

Glad all those who have one are enjoying them.

Blobster:D

davedipster 15 May 2004 01:18 PM

Blobster,
Are you sure you're feeling well? sound abit off colour to me.
Better have a day off of Two just to make sure :)

Dipster

Brian the Sn@il 15 May 2004 04:22 PM

Ice mans as of this morning :)

http://www.scoobycity.co.uk/phpBB2/f...stitution3.jpg

Ice Man - WR1 15 May 2004 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Brian the Sn@il

Feel like royalty driving my new WR1, I have even got my own personal photographer (thanks for the pics Brian). Seriously if you have a WR1 on order it is well worth the wait. I have'nt stopped grinning all day and will just have to go out for a drive tonight it will certainly beat watching the Eurovision song contest!!!!

Blobster 15 May 2004 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by davedipster
Blobster,
Are you sure you're feeling well? sound abit off colour to me.
Better have a day off of Two just to make sure :)

Dipster

Ah, if only it were that simple.
Me and the missus work shifts around each other (recipe for perfect marriage?) but if a bout of flu (etc) were to lay me low, I'd still have to take the two kids with me. And they are most definitely NOT being in the WR1 when I collect it. It's mine and I want a selfish drive in it first before it gets introduced to the joys of grubby fingers, vomit, and so on.

Blobster :D
...chalking off the days, chomping at the bit, unable to contain my excitement, and so on, and on....

sti_ken 15 May 2004 08:21 PM

Have lots of fun with the WR1 and all be safe

bluto22b 15 May 2004 09:02 PM

Okay I stand corrected, apologies all round, the next pint is on me, okay?

A red Volvo 440 eh? Kev, Bev, Kev, Bev, Kev, nice car, thanks, we used to have one of those:D

Gooner 16 May 2004 12:46 AM

AT LAST!

I finally collested mine last Thursday, not stopped grinning since.
Only done 123 miles so far, left it at home today when me and the kids went to Highbury to see Arsenal lift the trophy, will do a bit of driving tomorrow to try and get to 1000 miles asap.
AWESOME! That it the only way to describe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

corradoboy 17 May 2004 10:24 AM

Glad you're enjoying you lovely new motor.

What that car needs is a nice plate like this or this :D

Clive the Brave 17 May 2004 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Blobster
The Grim factor. Please god nooooo. ;)

Just got the nod that my WR1 is now at the dealer:D but I can't get the time off work to collect til a week thursday. :( Now that's a GRIM factor. :(

Glad all those who have one are enjoying them.

Blobster:D

no no no....... GRIN............... miss type, opps.

Everyone who's got or getting a WR1 will be more than happy.
I am over the moon.
Total fun factor.

TonyBurns 17 May 2004 10:54 AM

Sounds like these WR1's are getting a bit common ;) so ill stick to my not so common scoob ;):D

Tony:D

LiamWR1 17 May 2004 12:21 PM

Just had my dealer on the phone asking for my insurance cover note.. Looks like the grin factor in about 2 weeks then!

WRX-Mark 17 May 2004 02:55 PM

So now a few people are picking up there cars, is there any logic to the numbering and have they all got the same prefix on the registration ?

P1_BEN 17 May 2004 04:01 PM

Don't think there is any logic... Had my deposit down reasonably early jan 19th and i have been allocated no 249....

prefix on mine is GF...:) Go Faster

LiamWR1 17 May 2004 04:12 PM

Prefix on mine FV 'Feckin Volatile' :D should get me insurance docs in the next 2 - 5 days & then its countdown :cool: