ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   porsche turbo V 205 Gti video on 'ring' (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/327116-porsche-turbo-v-205-gti-video-on-ring.html)

Gutmann pug 12 May 2004 04:28 PM

porsche turbo V 205 Gti video on 'ring'

Yeah he was trying ...... before you ask .....

He would have done me in the wet twisties though im sure :D :D ...

The other vid is one my mates with the 944 turbo put together today. Cheers Davy boy and Senior AP

Will post somemore up later when i get the chance ......

http://www.pgacnortheast.co.uk/steakhigh.WMV

http://www.pgacnortheast.co.uk/pugv911.WMV

mn_angrybeats 12 May 2004 04:51 PM

So you beat a crap driver who didn't know the track....cool :)

IanWatson 12 May 2004 05:14 PM

Nice one matey!

Whats the spec of the Pug?

Gutmann pug 12 May 2004 06:03 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh angry beats.........

pug is just slightly fettled, nowt too exciting :D

Oh and in case karl comes on here later, nice to meet ya mate, you dont me up like a kipper

davyboy 12 May 2004 09:55 PM

lol

Try this one! I am just getting a hang of this stuff now! Hurry up and get me some new material!

http://www.clarehoward.btinternet.co...g_May_2004.WMV

Gutmann pug 13 May 2004 07:42 AM

Still laffing at that one .......superb mate, made me chuckle alot .....

no-one else seems to like it though coz there are no comments, maybe its coz they dont respect us coz they are so damned fast in the wet twisties???

more to come tonight

Senior_AP 13 May 2004 09:35 AM

The "real world".

Dream Weaver 13 May 2004 09:50 AM

Cool vids chaps, may be up for one of these ring trips in the Mi after talking to you about it Gary :)

Clarebabes 13 May 2004 12:11 PM

I'm driving in one of those clips :D

Spot "Miss Daisy"...... ;)

Senior_AP 13 May 2004 12:18 PM

Spot the law obiding citizen who understands that 70 on a round metal sign means MAXIMUM speead. Not minimum speed.

Spot the "criminal". ;-)

Clarebabes 13 May 2004 12:19 PM

I was talking about me Steve :D

Get on with your work....... :p

Midmotorsteve 13 May 2004 11:56 PM

i over took an NSX on a trackday, yeah my n/a MR2 faster round a track than semi super car......

Trying,.. my arse

:)

Gutmann pug 14 May 2004 07:45 AM

I guess as you werent there you just dont know or understand midmotorsteve ......

Midmotorsteve 16 May 2004 01:31 AM

so a 205s quicker round the ring than a 911..

only if a muppets driving the 911, or they're there for the drive not to push it, i.e. not trying to race you.

Clarebabes 16 May 2004 09:22 AM

The thing about the ring is it is not all about power. Skill and bottle has a lot to do with it too - it can be a scary propsect.

rb5_336 16 May 2004 10:41 PM

dont under estimate the pugs, you never know whats lurking under the bonnet etc :-)

Pug Power!

Gutmann pug 17 May 2004 09:13 AM

I guess the two EVO active race academy caterhams with yellow squares with black crosses werent racing either then ..... They just kinda turn up in their novice racing cars and take them for a gentle stroll round the track

pug power rules rb5 ........

Floyd 17 May 2004 12:58 PM

I was overtaken by a VW Bora on the 'ring. I was quicker on the straights but he had me in the twisties! :(

F

davyboy 17 May 2004 01:09 PM

The last time I went, I was over taken by a C180 kompressor!

Now bear in mind I have done over 100 laps, using r rated rubber, Leda coilovers and I was doing a lap of around 8:50 - 9:00 minute BTG too! I have twice the BHP too!

In actual fact it couldn't have been a C180 could it? Anyway he did a perfect 4 wheel drift through the kerbs at Wipperman.

How ever fast you think you are going, there is always someone who can go quicker.....in a slower car!

davyboy 17 May 2004 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Floyd
I was overtaken by a VW Bora on the 'ring. I was quicker on the straights but he had me in the twisties! :(

F

Floyd in "Impreza not quickest in Twities shocker :eek:"

CraigH 17 May 2004 01:29 PM

:eek:

quick, get Piers Morgan on the line, he'll be able to bluff it

:D

davyboy 17 May 2004 01:32 PM

Not even Mirror readers would believe that!

Gutmann pug 17 May 2004 01:42 PM

ask a certain friend of mine about the smart roadster with 600 CC ....... not even his fast in the wet twisties 280bhp scooby could prevent him having to indicate right and humbley move over out of the way of the little (standard) go cart

no names mentioned on purpose

Oh and i got done somthing wicked by a bogo focus, not a sporty model either

juan 17 May 2004 01:59 PM

gotta admit he didn't look like he was trying very hard

CraigH 17 May 2004 02:07 PM

What makes me laugh about this type of thread, is that if you had said you had "done" the porsche in a Scoob, everyone would be patting you on your back, clapping, saying how slow porsches are :rolleyes: and generally celebrating and rejoicing at the godlike ability of the scoob.

As it's not a scoob, however, it cannot possibly be true :rolleyes:

Gutmann pug 17 May 2004 04:13 PM

lol at Craig .... the guys and girls who were there had a good giggle about exactly the same comment as you have made after a few beers in the pub on the day. If I was being honest its the reason I started the thread coz I knew the kind of comment it would bring out.

juan 17 May 2004 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by CraigH
What makes me laugh about this type of thread, is that if you had said you had "done" the porsche in a Scoob, everyone would be patting you on your back, clapping, saying how slow porsches are :rolleyes: and generally celebrating and rejoicing at the godlike ability of the scoob.

As it's not a scoob, however, it cannot possibly be true :rolleyes:

Can only speak for myself but I would have said the same whether you passed him in a shopping trolley or a Ferrai F1 car. He just doesn't look like he's motoring to my untrained eye.

I'm not a fan of scoobs so thats not the reasoning behind my opinion. :)

If its a wind up then its over my head :(

N1 SPAN 17 May 2004 11:46 PM

I got whooped by a Mitsubishi Space star! Or something like that!

Midmotorsteve 18 May 2004 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
I guess the two EVO active race academy caterhams with yellow squares with black crosses werent racing either then ..... They just kinda turn up in their novice racing cars and take them for a gentle stroll round the track

pug power rules rb5 ........

so why didn't you say everyone else was on a learn to drive weekend :)

Sorry, but maybe your a fantastic driver and they weren't all trying,.. doens't make a pug a quicker car, I guess if you were in the 911 you'd have lapped yourself :)

Gutmann pug 18 May 2004 07:42 AM

lol at midmotorsteve ......

Thats the good thing about threads like this it creates healthy debate and differences of opinion ..... maybe we should all go on big brother or fat farm, would make a better programe than the muppets who are on it now for sure.