ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   DIY secret switch immobiliser (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/325764-diy-secret-switch-immobiliser.html)

sparkykev 07 May 2004 05:44 PM

DIY secret switch immobiliser

Has anyone done this? If so what circuit is safe to break into, as not to cause problems if accidentally pressed whilst driving?

I'm just thinking of ideas to beat the key robbing gits we hear so much of.

Oh and yes, i have heard of blackjax, but it seems too much hard work, to keep putting in the code just to get the car in and out of the garage.

subaru-impreza.org 07 May 2004 05:47 PM

Its really a sad state of affaors people need to goto such etremes to keep their car safe... :eek:

Sorry cant help with the original question.

Gareth
**url removed**

Turbotits 07 May 2004 06:57 PM

Yep got one on mine . have broken the starter circuit so that the switched has to be pressed as well as turning the key. I know its fairly easy to wire round. Just makes it a bit more difficult for the a###holes to take. Infact i have two on mine both hidden one is a straight on/off switch and a push button both on the same circuit.

*Sonic* 07 May 2004 10:25 PM

A better option would be something mechanical of some sorts, ie fuel pump shut off, that way no amount of fiddling with the electrics will start your car :)

chrome 07 May 2004 10:33 PM

just fit an official clifford wireless fuel guard ;)

(then when it dies- which it will voila- total and complete incapacitation.. oh you wont be able to drive it tho without constant 12v feed ;)

doh :D

pslewis 07 May 2004 10:37 PM

The fuel pump wire is favourite - that way the scroats get to drive away from you (allowing you time to act) ..... but then the car stalls down the road.

They will never find a DIY switch (my personal favourite is not a switch, but an military spec 2 pin socket) then you just unplug a jumper socket and either take it with you or hide it in the car. Return to car and plug it in - off you go!

Pete

MadGrip 07 May 2004 10:39 PM

BlackJax :D

Top kit

Phil

*Sonic* 07 May 2004 11:38 PM

Yep, mines being installed in the morning :)

DanTheMan 08 May 2004 12:20 AM

yeah don't bypass the starter motor as this is piss easy to bypass, either by bump starting or screwdriver short circuit.

Bypass the fuel pump as this is an arse to overcome....

ebaum744 28 February 2010 02:51 AM

another good way to "immoblize" your car is a switch that will ground out the coil, as well as one to the starter, that way, even if they bypass the starter, the coil is still grounded and there's no way in hell they'll get a spark or even figure out why it won't turn over. :thumb:

jonny_693 28 February 2010 10:06 AM

2004 Lol :)

dan/scooby 28 February 2010 10:20 AM

cool , wonder what the oldest topic on here is ?