ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   SMACS 1st Wed of Month Meet (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/324379-smacs-1st-wed-of-month-meet.html)

supertouring 03 May 2004 08:28 AM

SMACS 1st Wed of Month Meet

OK, after 2 days of slog completing my garden wall I think I deserve a run out. Meet at the H&H at 7:30 for a route TBD (but not Longnor;) ) with drink stop at the mid-point.

As always, newcomers welcome to join the fun so add you name below:

SuperTouring

supertouring 03 May 2004 11:51 AM

Here is meeting point for those not sure where it is.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...search=SK6+7EJ

willy 03 May 2004 01:52 PM

Put me down,

Hopefully some more will turn out too...

Willy

Mad Scientist 03 May 2004 02:18 PM

I'll try and make it. As usual!

PROBLEMCHILD75 03 May 2004 03:11 PM

I should be able to make it. Better clean the car, lots of brake dust after a couple of hours on the fiddle on Sat :) . What pads do you guys use? my std pads lasted less than 20 mins before going off :( mind you I did have 3 very brave / stupid passengers.
Jamie

Barnesy 03 May 2004 09:50 PM

Guess what? I'm on lates again- bugger!!

supertouring 04 May 2004 05:11 PM

Any more for any more?

Here are the runners and riders in a CW stylie:
SuperTouring
Mad Scientist (not talking to you as you did not wave at me today:mad: )
ProblemChild75
Willy

Anyone have a route planned, or want to plan one? Otherwise it is a Holme Chappel run again.

willy 05 May 2004 03:18 PM

see you @7:30 then!

blitzboy1 05 May 2004 06:52 PM

Av fun lads n ladies.

Blitz.

supertouring 05 May 2004 11:17 PM

Great run out (the Holmes Chapel route again) with just the 3 of us. The main run was in daylight, which makes a change, but a little damp. Quite a few cars holding us up on the outward leg, but very quiet on the return into Macc. Tried harder and harder to shake off Willy (Oh Er!) but he was not having any of it.

Then it was pub stop followed by the Mad inspired run through Macc Forrest, part way along A53(?) to Cat&Fiddle then down through Goyt Vally and Rainow. It was dark at this point which made easier progress down the single track as headlights could be spotted miles away. Having a set of Headlights that light-up the road ahead rather than the tree tops was also a new experience.

Then a re-group in Macc @ Tesco roundabout (that hitch hicker thought he had struck lucky when 3 of us pulled in) before going our different ways. Had two moments on way back when some idiot female did not stop going onto roundabout (luckily I spotted her and slowed) then some loony in an XR2 was on my side overtaking as I approached, so he suffered the wrath that is the scooby horn (toot toot:rolleyes: ).

Thanks to ProblemChild75 and Willy for keeping me company.

PROBLEMCHILD75 05 May 2004 11:26 PM

A great run out thanks Super for a great route and pace with some super narrow track and puddle sections ( thought I was problem McCrae for a short while :) ).
Also thanks to Willy for the stone chips on the Tatton mile and then toasting them with the flames out of his exhaust.

Bit slippy out there tonight and there were quite a few opposite lock moments to remind me I cant drive half as well as I thought I could but mega fun.

Thanks again guys and roll on the next one.
Jamie

cw42 06 May 2004 06:08 AM

bugger, missed a good one by the sound of it, although I did manage to squeze the snake and strines road into 1 hour 30 minutes at dinnertime today :)
Nice and dry at that time too, and had a tussle with a fast cavalier along the snake, but once past, left him way behind :)
See you all out soon,
chris.

willy 06 May 2004 12:36 PM

Many thanks to Super and ProblemChild75, great fun that run out.
I`ll do my best to sort out another run around West yorks/Derbyshire.
Sorry for the stonechips and flames LOL....
Great moment watching a STI on opposite lock through my rearview mirror....
Hope to meet up with you soon again.

Willy

Gav 08 May 2004 04:21 AM

Yup i'm pissed, but hope to see you all soon:) not been out for ages and ages. i'm here for 2 weeks so if theres a meet i'm there!!!