ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Midlands (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/)
-   -   Worcs lot - Prescott Hillclimb this w/end 1/2May (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/322672-worcs-lot-prescott-hillclimb-this-w-end-1-2may.html)

RB Simon 26 April 2004 10:25 PM

Worcs lot - Prescott Hillclimb this w/end 1/2May

Anyone going to come along?

Greg?

MattyB are you still out there?

Squizz 27 April 2004 08:26 AM

Sorry, Simon...

I've got family visits planned. :rolleyes:

You competing?

RB Simon 27 April 2004 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Squizz
Sorry, Simon...

I've got family visits planned. :rolleyes:

You competing?

Am indeed :D :D
Not in the Scoob tho' in a Pilbeam MP43 Sports racing car (second car downno 75, except the car is now red)

greg.g 27 April 2004 09:02 PM

We will try and make it on sunday.
Working on saturday morning:(

What happened to you and lucy last saturday night.

RB Simon 27 April 2004 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by greg.g
What happened to you and lucy last saturday night.

We were otherwise engaged! - had friends over from France for the w/end, had to get them back to Cheltenham for 7.00 on Sunday morning!!! :rolleyes:

Hopefully see you Sunday.

Fizz 27 April 2004 09:39 PM

i'll try and make it too..

T5NYW 27 April 2004 10:08 PM

Simon,
What time does it start Sat & Sun ? Me and Ann hope to make it one of the days ;) Rob Sti7 might also be able to make it :cool:

Tony

Shame you both couldn't make Saturday, It was a good un :D:D

RB Simon 28 April 2004 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by T5NYW
Simon,
What time does it start Sat & Sun ? Me and Ann hope to make it one of the days ;) Rob Sti7 might also be able to make it :cool:

Tony

Shame you both couldn't make Saturday, It was a good un :D:D

You'll have to tell us all about Saturday! ;)

Practice on Sat starts at 9.15 :eek:, and the proper timed runs on Sunday start at 10.00. (practice is a little bit less structured than Sunday, and may not have any commentary)

Prescott Hillclimb

T5NYW 28 April 2004 11:59 PM

Simon,
Hope to make it there Sunday ;) also might make it Sat :D can text me you approx start times for Sunday after Sat Practise wouldn't like to miss your run :cool:

Tony

Ps what Saturday, :D LOL

SiDHEaD 29 April 2004 12:50 AM

bah, working sat and friend's birthday party sunday. :(

RB Simon 29 April 2004 07:00 AM

Simon,
Hope to make it there Sunday ;) also might make it Sat :D can text me you approx start times for Sunday after Sat Practise wouldn't like to miss your run :cool:

Tony

Could you run that by me again in English?!!!!! :D

We should hopefully get three practice runs on Saturday, I should get my fisrt run around 10.15ish, hopefully another around 12.45ish, and the last around 15.15ish - these times are all dependant on no incidents (me included!!)
Sunday runs start at 10 so I should be running at about 11.00, and then again at 15.00. Lunch break is religiously taken at 13-14.00!

See youse there! ;)

T5NYW 29 April 2004 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by RB Simon
Could you run that by me again in English?!!!!! :D

See youse there! ;)

Simon,
Must get a new Keyboard, this one talks cr4p and with a Herefordian accent :D LOL but well interputated :D

See Ya there :cool:

Tony

Ps you may know an old rally friend from some years ago, Roger Moran from Leominster, he seems to go quite quick up there ;)

RB Simon 29 April 2004 08:15 PM

Ps you may know an old rally friend from some years ago, Roger Moran from Leominster, he seems to go quite quick up there ;)

Arrrr - Roger is a bit swift, so is his lad Scott. I must say I like the way Roger drives - he might not always be the quickest, but he is smooth and his car control is top class (sideways and all!! :D)

Does anyone know if Matty B is still alive? :D

greg.g 29 April 2004 08:22 PM

He was last saturday:)

Matty B 30 April 2004 07:47 PM

Hi Simon - yep i'm still out here in scoobland!! Y'know its a hard life having to work on a Saturday, so its a shame that my sunday is "otherwise" booked :(
- like the other guys said, shame you missed last weekend in Bushwackers

very good luck tho' for the meeting - I daresay some photos may need to be processed :D

Matthew

RB Simon 30 April 2004 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Matty B
Hi Simon - yep i'm still out here in scoobland!!

Good to hear you're still around!!! :D

Can't say I'm looking forward to the weekend. Been down this evening to take the car, and the paddock is like a giant muddy sponge, and there's only a dozen cars there that have moved about ten feet. What it's going to be like tomorrow afternoon, let alone Sunday evening, I don't care to think about.

For those that haven't been before, the paddock has tarmac isles, but where the cars actually park is grass. The main spectator areas are also grass (which has been freshly cut, so gets everywhere now it is wet!!), with a few stone walkways

Bring some stout shoes peeps, I hope wellies won't be necessary :eek:, but you might like to :(

T5NYW 01 May 2004 06:06 PM

unable to make it today :( but hopefully see you Sunday :D

WRX_Rich 01 May 2004 06:40 PM

are we going down in convoy

greg.g 01 May 2004 08:33 PM

We will make a decision whether or not to go in the morning depending on the weather.
I dont fancy a muddy field if its peeing down with rain.
I have spoken to t5nyw and wrx rich, and both seem in agreement.

How did it go in practice today then simon.

:)

RB Simon 01 May 2004 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by greg.g
How did it go in practice today then simon.

:)

Hmmmm! Yes!

It started to pee down just as I was going for my first run on slicks, so that one was a waste of time really, and my second was not much better. A failed start, but I stopped before my rear wheels had crossed the line and was alllowed to restart. Very wet and again not brilliant.

I hope tomorrow goes a bit better - from the point of view of the weather it can't be any worse!

T5NYW 02 May 2004 08:03 PM

There are some nice Pictures from today HERE

Tony